Fabrizio Romano

Of course Romano got it wrong. He didn't sign for them.

If doesn't matter why he didn't sign. Romano reported that it was a done deal and was wrong.

When he reported it was a done deal, it was a done deal. If the transfer collapses after the two clubs agreed on the deal because of incompetence by one of the clubs, that doesn't make the information he reported wrong. Done deals collapse at the 11th hour all the time.

I don't "think he got them wrong". He got them wrong.

He "here we go'd" Omorodion to Chelsea and Ziyech from Chelsea to PSG in the last year off the top of my head.
None of those were wrong btw.

When he reported it was a done deal, it was a done deal. If the transfer collapses after the two clubs agreed on the deal because of incompetence by one of the clubs, that doesn't make the information he reported wrong. Done deals collapse at the 11th hour all the time.

My understanding of his "here we go" schtick is that it means it's done, not "it's nearly done".

Maybe I'm wrong.

That's not done then, that's just agreed. Which makes the phrase pointless.

He must be waxing lyrical about Luis Henrique who also scored 2 for Marseille from open play right?

Never been a fanboy of his, but I'm confused at the 'outrage' when our own manager once picked a player under investigation for attempted murder. And I have no doubts he would've fielded MG if the club brought him back.
This is also bad? Both things can be true.

He's probably the biggest grifter in the sport. The intention behind some of his tweets is so transparent.

He must be waxing lyrical about Luis Henrique who also scored 2 for Marseille from open play right?
Yes, in the same way he also tweeted many other quotes from De Zerbi's post match press conference and not only the Greenwood bit.

Meh, unless I hear him fail big time, it's kind of predictable that you'll get a few ones wrong if you report around 2000+ transfers.

Is he just the popular guy to hate on now in muppet season or has he actually gotten something big wrong a lot of times?

Never been a fanboy of his, but I'm confused at the 'outrage' when our own manager once picked a player under investigation for attempted murder. And I have no doubts he would've fielded MG if the club brought him back.

Who is this? :o

The idea he has top contacts at every club at every top league in the world to enable him to get the scoop on almost literally every transfer in football amongst every club in every top league,
simply isn't plausible. That's not even a debate. Yet going by his uncredited Tweets, he does.

Pointing that out isn't "hating".

Existing rumour, steal it, add some innocuous and impossible to disprove trivia to give impression of insight.

"I understand both clubs hope deal will be concluded quickly. Representatives of player already have flown to Manchester last week to lay groundwork for deal"

Etc. Is it true? Probably not. Can anyone disprove it? Nope. Sound plausible? Sure. What great insight i have.

He took what Indykilla tried to do, and did it better.

Last edited:
My understanding of his "here we go" schtick is that it means it's done, not "it's nearly done".

Maybe I'm wrong.
Not always. Here we go was done for Malacia to Lyon for example.

I always wonder why he mentions agents names when a player signs. Like who gives a feck.
But after watching that video can understand why.

Maybe I'm wrong.

As far as I can tell he’s used “here we go” for when all parties reach an agreement. He then tends to follow it up with subsequent tweets when documents are actually signed and sealed.

I have much less issue with Romano spamming twitter with rewording transfer rumors than with the fact he's clearly being paid to rehab Greenwood image

Meh, unless I hear him fail big time, it's kind of predictable that you'll get a few ones wrong if you report around 2000+ transfers.

Is he just the popular guy to hate on now in muppet season or has he actually gotten something big wrong a lot of times?
Have you not read the thread the last few pages. The issue is not his accuracy.

I get that he's a mouthpiece for clubs like United who wants to announce someone is available on the market, but if you just use him for the Twitter transfer-thread, he's fine for the purpose of reporting transfers, no?

Is he really that late to delivering the news? (Does it matter if he's 5 hours late, if he gets it right?). Honest question, I don't follow him up close.

I get that he's a mouthpiece for clubs like United who wants to announce someone is available on the market, but if you just use him for the Twitter transfer-thread, he's fine for the purpose of reporting transfers, no?

Is he really that late to delivering the news? (Does it matter if he's 5 hours late, if he gets it right?). Honest question, I don't follow him up close.
It's not lateness or anything to do with transfers really which is kind of the point. It's his weirdly over reporting of Greenwood recently that has gotten attention. He often uses quite neutral language to avoid revealing his loyalties but the types of tweets and frequency of specific ones will always betray him. He very rarely 'reports' on player debuts or anything not transfer related and now to suddenly be like "excellent Greenwood debut", etc.. in multiple tweets imo means he's working with people close to Greenwood to present him publicly in a better light.

Take Andrey Santos last year as well. Went on loan to Forest from Chelsea but for whatever reason wasn't getting minutes. Romano was tweeting often in the first few months of the season "Andrey Santos STILL has not played a minute for Forest, the player has been training well, etc.." so it was extremely obvious this was either Chelsea or Santos' agent using Romano to put pressure on Forest. It's just a bit of a grimy practice. Some defend him by saying he's just a middle man but he's still complicit and no doubt he gets paid for it all.

It definitely feels like Chelsea in particular have used him to try and keep the value/positive coverage of some of their failed loans. Constant Romano tweets about how happy Chelsea are with them and either how well they're playing or if they aren't playing well it's something like "club still very happy with the 2003 born talent and believe he has exceptional potential". It's just spin after spin. I searched "Chelsea very happy" in his tweets and a lot of results came up. His coverage of players like that don't really deserve much air time also give away his loyalties. Bloke tweets about David Datro Fofana like it's going out of fashion.

A lot of the time his tweets don't read like news. It just feels like you're reading a load of individual agent agendas.

Last edited:
He's a massive grifter.

Fair play to him for making a living out of idiots willing to pay him to post shit on twitter.

It’s your issue, isn’t it? You seem to be reading a lot into his tweets since well before he posted regarding Greenwood. A guy makes a career out of transfer gossip and more often than not gives good info. Fair play to him, I reckon!

It's not lateness or anything to do with transfers really which is kind of the point. It's his weirdly over reporting of Greenwood recently that has gotten attention. He often uses quite neutral language to avoid revealing his loyalties but the types of tweets and frequency of specific ones will always betray him. He very rarely 'reports' on player debuts or anything not transfer related and now to suddenly be like "excellent Greenwood debut", etc.. in multiple tweets imo means he's working with people close to Greenwood to present him publicly in a better light.

Take Andrey Santos last year as well. Went on loan to Forest from Chelsea but for whatever reason wasn't getting minutes. Romano was tweeting often in the first few months of the season "Andrey Santos STILL has not played a minute for Forest, the player has been training well, etc.." so it was extremely obvious this was either Chelsea or Santos' agent using Romano to put pressure on Forest. It's just a bit of a grimy practice. Some defend him by saying he's just a middle man but he's still complicit and no doubt he gets paid for it all.

It definitely feels like Chelsea in particular have used him to try and keep the value/positive coverage of some of their failed loans. Constant Romano tweets about how happy Chelsea are with them and either how well they're playing or if they aren't playing well it's something like "club still very happy with the 2003 born talent and believe he has exceptional potential". It's just spin after spin. I searched "Chelsea very happy" in his tweets and a lot of results came up. His coverage of players like that don't really deserve much air time also give away his loyalties. Bloke tweets about David Datro Fofana like it's going out of fashion.

A lot of the time his tweets don't read like news. It just feels like you're reading a load of individual agent agendas.
Top post.

No? See my post #389

I just did, and in it you admitted searching his tweets for “Chelsea very happy” or whatever.

Why shouldn’t he take money from agents or whoever? The info is still good, and he’s a freelancer, not a public servant.

That's fair enough - I think there should be a paid advertising-disclaimer on such by law like in Denmark. Don't get how all these influencers can get away with it. Fair enough if he takes money for it, but it should be disclaimed imo.

But on the point of him reporting actual transfers, I haven't seen a lot to say he's not credible in those. Both can be true.

Relegated:

Not that I care about a subreddit - but that does seem to cause some unrest among the comments. And I understand them. Overall he's reliable on transfers and the biggest around - sounds weird if we were all to not trust his transfer-tweets, because he might be a bit commercial with other stuff like Greenwood.

Is there any pro sport journalist that tweeting often, not with the end goal of monetary gain?

Last edited:
Not that I care about a subreddit - but that does seem to cause some unrest among the comments. And I understand them. Overall he's reliable on transfers and the biggest around - sounds weird if we were all to not trust his transfer-tweets, because he might be a bit commercial with other stuff like Greenwood.
The commercial stuff with Greenwood is the opposite of being reliable. That’s more than enough reason to cast doubt over his general reporting and an absolute no go for anyone even close to being a journalist. That’s not being a bit commercial. It’s proof that he lacks professional ethics and can’t be relied upon.