Fabrizio Romano

My uncle who is a huge man United fan now sadly has dementia and got a mention in the latest red issue.

Uncle Pele in Red Issue

A nice touch from them to give him a mention.

But look at the previous comment from Adrian for a comment which made me chuckle and is my reason for posting in this thread. :)

My uncle who is a huge man United fan now sadly has dementia and got a mention in the latest red issue.

Uncle Pele in Red Issue

A nice touch from them to give him a mention.

But look at the previous comment from Adrian for a comment which made me chuckle and is my reason for posting in this thread. :)
:lol:

What a lovely contrast of sentiments.

Wow, what did he do to attract this much anger and hate?

Say what you want about Romano, but nobody would have any idea about what's going on if he were not the one breaking transfer news half of the time. The other half of the time David Ornstein telling us what is going on. And Romano's "here we go" has not been wrong in forever, so calling him "rumor spreader" is harsh.

Of course he needs to deal with agents, clubs, and everybody in between to get sources, but in contrast with many who call themselves "journalists" - he is rarely wrong and seems to never make shit up. Compare that to certain Manchester Evening News reporter, or even some former player pundits

It's easy to put people down this day and age, they are "youtubers" or "social media celebrities" so why not take a shot, but Romano is good at what he does, we all enjoy the fruits of what he does so maybe think if you would have less fun without him or with him, before trashing him, maybe?

Just saying

I agree but I think the gap is less between Romano and Ornstein. Ornstein himself respects and recognises Romano as a decent journalist.

Didn't stop people here blatantly accusing Romano of plagiarism. People are brutal for no reason, really

Hyping up Greenwood relentlessly. Clearly on the payroll. I will not rest until everyone else sees him for the morally bankrupt hack that he is.

He is not on payroll(or at least I don't think that is the case here), I bet majority of his followers are Manchester United fans known as transfer muppets. Lot of them will enjoy his posts in a "told you so!" way, and he knows it. He is just attention seeking merchant.

Hyping up Greenwood relentlessly. Clearly on the payroll. I will not rest until everyone else sees him for the morally bankrupt hack that he is.
Come on now man and let it go.

We have too many "online moral" souls here who pass judgement on others before looking inside them.

We have too many "online moral" souls here who pass judgement on others before looking inside them.

I'm with Solius on this. It seems pretty likely that Romano, who is clearly a hardworking transfer news broker with connections everywhere, is leveraging his reputation and audience by offering publicity to clubs/agents. I don't know what if anything he receives in return--while it could just be trading favors, he's already been implicated as being a mouthpiece for hire (https://www-tipsbladet-dk.translate..._sl=da&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=da&_x_tr_pto=wapp).

There's no need to make this some kind of moral equivalence. Solius doesn't have a public tweet record of being shady like Romano does.

Back in my days hyping up an ex criminal was seen as idiotic. Look, I'm fine with Greenwood restarting his career. But people like Romano should stop baiting for clicks using his name

I agree but I think the gap is less between Romano and Ornstein. Ornstein himself respects and recognises Romano as a decent journalist.

Ah yes the burger seller tells everyone that the other burger sellers are okay and burgers are actually healthy. Why? because otherwise he'll ruin his own business

Yep agree with you fully. It’s completely blatant. If he was doing it just for clicks he wouldn’t be posting only positive stuff about Greenwood and going out of his way to not to mention the allegations.

I'm with you on this one and have consistently been , about Romano, since the beginning.

What :lol:

I’m no Romano fanboy but to me the “journalists” going after him are nothing more than outrage merchants and no names that want to bite a piece of Romano’s popularity. Oftentimes they come across as so full of themselves and holier-than-thou that it’s quite nauseating and embarrassing.
This is really a great example - you have a no name, entitled American author, who doesn’t even specialize in football, trying to explain you that his point of view is the only one close to reality. He goes on about how many tweets from Romano about a certain player is proportionate (again, an outrage merchant with a vague relation to football should be the one to singularly decide what’s proportionate) and completely disregards the fact that Greenwood’s story will always be interesting for the wide audience for a number of reasons, including the fact that millions of United haters will cherish our biggest homegrown talent in decades banging the goals for another team after we released him for peanuts.

But I’m sure next time Romano will consult the Brooklyn guy who wrote more on WWE than on football to check what’s proportionate and what’s not.

I’m no Romano fanboy but to me the “journalists” going after him are nothing more than outrage merchants and no names that want to bite a piece of Romano’s popularity. Oftentimes they come across as so full of themselves and holier-than-thou that it’s quite nauseating and embarrassing.

This is really a great example - you have a no name, entitled American author, who doesn’t even specialize in football, trying to explain you that his point of view is the only one close to reality. He goes on about how many tweets from Romano about a certain player is proportionate (again, an outrage merchant with a vague relation to football should be the one to singularly decide what’s proportionate) and completely disregards the fact that Greenwood’s story will always be interesting for the wide audience for a number of reasons, including the fact that millions of United haters will cherish our biggest homegrown talent in decades banging the goals for another team after we released him for peanuts.

But I’m sure next time Romano will consult the Brooklyn guy who wrote more on WWE than on football to check what’s proportionate and what’s not.

He only ever posts about Greenwood from a specific angle though. It's disingenuous reporting.

If Romano tweeting about Greenwood scoring two goals is explained by Greenwood's story always being interesting, then we have some peculiar implications:

- The only interesting stories on the field last week were Greenwood scoring, Rodrygo scoring, and Haaland scoring.
- Greenwood's story will always be important, but wasn't important before this summer, which is why Romano didn't have anything to say before this summer.

Does this look right to you?

No idea what's he's doing with all the Greenwood stuff but he's definitely got a few "here we gos" wrong with Chelsea recently.
Even if he got 10 of them wrong for Chelsea in the last year, he would still have got over 99 percent of them correct.

No idea what's he's doing with all the Greenwood stuff but he's definitely got a few "here we gos" wrong with Chelsea recently.
I doubt it. You've probably just forgotten which wave of signings they arrived with this week.

Curious to know what you think he’s got wrong?

Do you need a Pulitzer prize in journalism to write about Romano or something?
You can have a primary school diploma and write about rocket science and history of philosophy, it’s not illegal! But if your lack of nuance is showing and you structure your arguments around “I think X, hence only X is right”, you should expect to be rightly ridiculed

If Romano tweeting about Greenwood scoring two goals is explained by Greenwood's story always being interesting, then we have some peculiar implications:

- The only interesting stories on the field last week were Greenwood scoring, Rodrygo scoring, and Haaland scoring.
- Greenwood's story will always be important, but wasn't important before this summer, which is why Romano didn't have anything to say before this summer.

Does this look right to you?
Do we do this Romano tweet count every gameweek, or it’s just the first time we so diligently check which goals he wrote about? It’s his fecking business to decide what he finds interesting (or what will generate more views/clicks) and honestly, as much as it hurts me being United fan, Greenwood’s “return to glory” (we are still far from it, but that’s how it’s framed and Greenwood is doing much better than many expected) is probably one of the most popular stories in European football, especially if you take into account the outrage it generates among the mainly British audience. Is he a filthy clickbaiter and engagement hoarder? No doubt. Is he on Greenwood’s PR team payroll? A bit far fetched for me.

Do we do this Romano tweet count every gameweek, or it’s just the first time we so diligently check which goals he wrote about? It’s his fecking business to decide what he finds interesting (or what will generate more views/clicks) and honestly, as much as it hurts me being United fan, Greenwood’s “return to glory” (we are still far from it, but that’s how it’s framed and Greenwood is doing much better than many expected) is probably one of the most popular stories in European football, especially if you take into account the outrage it generates among the mainly British audience. Is he a filthy clickbaiter and engagement hoarder? No doubt. Is he on Greenwood’s PR team payroll? A bit far fetched for me.

Yes, actually, people regularly do. He is known to sell influence, so who he tweets about is a pretty good indication of who the buyers are.

You should probably watch the HITC video posted above.

I hope he continues posting about Greenwood all season to annoy those annoyed by it. If you don't like what he posts, ignore him. All the moaning about what someone else posts on his on X account is silly.

I don't "think he got them wrong". He got them wrong.

He "here we go'd" Omorodion to Chelsea and Ziyech from Chelsea to PSG in the last year off the top of my head.

To be fair on the Ziyech one, that was basically a done deal, both clubs had agreed, but fell through because Chelsea didn’t send the documents in time. It was deadline day. It was the day when every living breathing soul at Cobham was seemingly sent to Portugal to complete the Enzo deal :lol:

Ziyech was hanging around in an office in Paris. PSG were fuming. Romano didn’t get it wrong. Chelsea just messed up.

I don't "think he got them wrong". He got them wrong.

He "here we go'd" Omorodion to Chelsea and Ziyech from Chelsea to PSG in the last year off the top of my head.

He also prematurely "here we go'd" Tyler Adams to Chelsea and Ziyech to the Saudis last summer. In all those moves there were concrete talks being held and maybe in some cases there may even have been a verbal agreement but nothing was actually done to completion.

But that's what happens when being first is considered more important than being right. And he's right often enough for people to forget all the times when he's not.

I hope he continues posting about Greenwood all season to annoy those annoyed by it. If you don't like what he posts, ignore him. All the moaning about what someone else posts on his on X account is silly.
Exactly, if you don't like what someone says just ignore them.

Problems = solved

He'll keep posting as long as he keeps getting paid to do so.

Fair enough.

Though I find it quite bizarre that people seem quite happy to let shady stuff like this slide when we are in an era where traditional journalists are scrutinised more than ever, but people outside that sphere seem to get routinely defended by fans whenever they start doing dodgy stuff.

That stuff with the danish clubs would be enough to sink a traditional journalist's career. But apparently it's fine for Romano and doesn't reflect on his credibility at all.

Never been a fanboy of his, but I'm confused at the 'outrage' when our own manager once picked a player under investigation for attempted murder. And I have no doubts he would've fielded MG if the club brought him back.

Fair enough.

Though I find it quite bizarre that people seem quite happy to let shady stuff like this slide when we are in an era where traditional journalists are scrutinised more than ever, but people outside that sphere seem to get routinely defended by fans whenever they start doing dodgy stuff.

That stuff with the danish clubs would be enough to sink a traditional journalist's career. But apparently it's fine for Romano and doesn't reflect on his credibility at all.

He's not a journalist, he's barely an ITK. He's an online influencer for idiots. Millions and millions of idiots.

Never been a fanboy of his, but I'm confused at the 'outrage' when our own manager once picked a player under investigation for attempted murder. And I have no doubts he would've fielded MG if the club brought him back.
Obviously he would've played him if the club told him to

He's not a journalist, he's barely an ITK. He's an online influencer for idiots. Millions and millions of idiots.

He's worked as a freelance journalist, but I'm not saying I entirely disagree with you there.

Given he is out there presenting himself as a source of news, and routinely his information is repeated as news, he should be held to some kind of standard, no

Edit: Though, tbh, I'm not sure why I waded I to this shit fest. I know there's a segment of morons that believe anything they read on twitter and don't give a shit about provenance of information or ethics except when it suits their anti-establishment agenda. I should probably just put this thread on ignore.

Last edited: