F1 2024 Season

Is that right.
So why has the FIA put a Seal on the device and has asked RB to remove it
They were asked to modify the design which they did. They were under extra scrutiny since at least Singapore and given they've performed much better since - it doesn't appear to hurt them either. McLaren had to bring all new wings too.

Is that right.
So why has the FIA put a Seal on the device and has asked RB to remove it.
horner’s already come out and said they’re definitely not cheating. just move on already.

I've officially blocked GPfans as a source for any F1 news. Fkin sensationalistic headlines all the time that are way deceiving. There s a bit of sensationalizing, and then there is GPfans levels of it. It's ridiculous.

I'm torn between 2 people for pole

Chose someone yesterday but strongly considering someone else

Perez is woeful yet they won't bin him due to the money he brings in

Yuki is too volatile, not seen enough of Liam to tell if he's capable

Norris isnt WDC material is he. Too many mistakes throughout the season.

McLaren delayed bringing the new floor to this race and it may cost them.

Good grief Lando needs to get on top of pressure moments if he ever wants to be WDC…..and that will not be this year.

Shame we had the lengthy break it's really helped Red Bull sort the car out

Can see Max winning comfortably now, Lando isn't helping himself with the stupid mistakes. McLaren car dropped off too?

Good grief Lando needs to get on top of pressure moments if he ever wants to be WDC…..and that will not be this year.

He just doesn’t have the killer instinct. He didn’t in F2 to be fair. Still laughing at folk thinking he was a shoe in for the title a couple of races still.

Is that right.
So why has the FIA put a Seal on the device and has asked RB to remove it.
Motorsport F1 (basically same as autosport F1)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...sfy-fia-over-ride-height-adjustment/10663905/

"....As first revealed by Motorsport.com, concerns had been voiced by several teams that a device Red Bull had inside its car allowed settings to be changed to alter the height of its front bib under parc ferme conditions.

The FIA is clear that there is no evidence Red Bull had ever made changes illegally, and the Milton Keynes-based squad is also adamant that it has always fully complied with the regulation..."

"..Sources have suggested that the revisions are not something that can be done immediately, because the adjustment device is in an intricate part of the car, but it is hoped the changes will be ready for the race at Interlagos next month..."

The height adjustment device is nothing more than a screw-type system that can be twisted by a mechanic with a tool to raise and lower the height of the T-tray.

"..All teams have such a system, although it is understood that Red Bull's is unique in it being accessible from inside the car - so it is hidden from view to outside observers..."

"..The outfit has also been open that it is not hiding anything, especially because the design of its adjustment device has to be published on FIA servers as part of the open source element of the regulation..."

TLDR: some teams have complained, FIA have asked RedBull to change the design and remove access from the cockpit. Will happen in time for Brazilian GP.

Shame we had the lengthy break it's really helped Red Bull sort the car out

Can see Max winning comfortably now, Lando isn't helping himself with the stupid mistakes. McLaren car dropped off too?
Everyone brought huge updates apart from McLaren. They decided not to bring the new floor to Austin. Looks like a mistake.

Ferrari are the ones who brought no updates. McLaren are running massively updated everything except the floor, new front suspension, new front wing, new brake ducts etc

Red Bull havent actually done anything for this weekend except the floor edge.

Said it before but I think if it was Piastri instead of Norris I think he'd have got the championship.

Do we think if Max wins this weekend the title chance is gone for Lando unless Max has a DNF or 2?

Do we think if Max wins this weekend the title chance is gone for Lando unless Max has a DNF or 2?
In theory yes, but some really silly things have happened in F1 over the years. I know a runaway victory for the WDC may be less exciting - but there is good reason for a team/driver to want to lock that up ASAP precisely because things can come apart at any moment. Though cars are *knocks on wood* so much more reliable these days that at least mechanical dnf's are so rare now. Remember when Max' car burst into flames because of the braking issue etc? Seems unlikely those design flaws make another appearance late into a season.

Last edited:
The cars have definitely become more reliable, when was the last time we saw an engine go?

I remember the 90s even early 2000s where engines would just go pop

Only just turned on, they're just finishing up a feature on a young lad who looks to have been working with Lewis, anyone know more about it, I know he has a Lewis Hamilton foundation doesn't he?

Looked really interesting shame I missed most of it

Great strategy by Mercedes in Q1 to leave the only run till a few minutes before the end. It's cost them this season already doing dumb stuffuke that, though Hamilton made a mistake.

Both Mercs looked good in sprint qualifying
Lewis Not getting out of Q1 is a shocker

I think they over adjusted the car to be easier on tyres in the race and got it wrong.

That being said he has been poor in qualifying often this season. But Russell is generally a very good qualifier, used to do amazing things in the Williams.

Lewis just said he had a suspension fault , also had it in the sprint race, he hinted at a pit lane start , after a change off parts and or set up
Yeh, Kravitz said they swapped parts out after the sprint as there was a bearing issue on the front suspension. Seems to have reoccurred in qually.