F1 2024 Season

Russell runs out of talent again. Albion did the same thing yesterday in sprint qually but saved the car.

Pole for lando,but max will be leading going into turn 2 tomorrow.

Watch Lando bungle the start and Max get him at the first corner

I had Max pole think he'd have got it

Some fortune for Norris but was a phenomenal first lap though, 6 tenths over his teammate. He is an incredible qualifier

Wonder how many times Max has lost out on pole bc of a late crash in Q3. Feels like it has happened pretty often. Then again perhaps that's the risk he takes by leaving it so late to pull a magic lap out of his ass.

I don’t reckon Russell has it. Like Lando, a good driver but he ain’t it.

It's hard to tell. Max also made mistakes before he had a rocketship. Leclerc does too

I think it's more likely to happen when you are scrapping for outside chances for wins, you have to push the car that little bit more and that's where errors happen. Once you have a wdc and a car that's more competitive more consistently you can be more relaxed and pragmatic.

As examples max made a big error in Jeddah in 2021 qualifying. He's been pretty flawless when he's been in easily the fastest car but more recently where he's not been he's made a few minor errors in qualifying again.

Russell is definitely fast, just have to wait to see what he does if he ever has a car that's genuinely quick enough to compete, until then I would expect him to make errors pushing past the limit to try to snipe wins and podiums.

"..Russell said there were not enough upgraded parts for him to run them in the race, so he will have to revert to an older-specification car.

Lewis has kindly offered me his but we’re not going to do that," he said...."

Motorsport F1 (basically same as autosport F1)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...sfy-fia-over-ride-height-adjustment/10663905/

"....As first revealed by Motorsport.com, concerns had been voiced by several teams that a device Red Bull had inside its car allowed settings to be changed to alter the height of its front bib under parc ferme conditions.

The FIA is clear that there is no evidence Red Bull had ever made changes illegally, and the Milton Keynes-based squad is also adamant that it has always fully complied with the regulation..."

"..Sources have suggested that the revisions are not something that can be done immediately, because the adjustment device is in an intricate part of the car, but it is hoped the changes will be ready for the race at Interlagos next month..."

The height adjustment device is nothing more than a screw-type system that can be twisted by a mechanic with a tool to raise and lower the height of the T-tray.

"..All teams have such a system, although it is understood that Red Bull's is unique in it being accessible from inside the car - so it is hidden from view to outside observers..."

"..The outfit has also been open that it is not hiding anything, especially because the design of its adjustment device has to be published on FIA servers as part of the open source element of the regulation..."

TLDR: some teams have complained, FIA have asked RedBull to change the design and remove access from the cockpit. Will happen in time for Brazilian GP.

Thank you for posting this.
As far as I understand, parts on a car are either compliment with FIA regulations or they are not.
And even tiny dimensions outside of the rules have resulted in penalties in the past.
That has been the basis by which the FIA maintain adherence to their rules.

So I really don't see any difference between those and this.

Amazed they haven’t done the same with Hamilton given his car was shocking, thought they would do a setup change.

Actually I’m not amazed, Mercedes are a mess when it comes to these decisions, always have been. Hamilton will poodle around in 12th or something all race, Russell probably points.

Amazed they haven’t done the same with Hamilton given his car was shocking, thought they would do a setup change.

Actually I’m not amazed, Mercedes are a mess when it comes to these decisions, always have been. Hamilton will poodle around in 12th or something all race, Russell probably points.
I thought Hamilton was starting from pitlane. They said that yesterday after qually. Maybe I'm mistaken. Mercedes should just pack up and go home. Waste of a weekend.

Was expecting Piastri to be a bit closer after having a Sprint quali and Sprint race, in normal quali he's still 6 tenths off Lando.

a respectable anthem there. very unamerican. there should be someone trying to “make it their own” by doing that wavering level voice thing that they all do when trying to be original.

I thought he'd actually got off the line respectably for once, then he goes and fecks the first corner