F1 2024 Season

Lewis didn’t race him hard enough for that win but I get it, can’t throw away a 1-2.

At the biggest power track -
Mercedes 1 and 2
Ferrari 4 and 7

Lewis decision to leave looking inspired

Oh come on, car development happens throughout the season and even during off season. Come back next year when Lewis truly fluke at Ferrari, for now just leave him and Ferrari alone.

Russell’s done really well to stay ahead on +20 tyres. Fair play.

Incredibly unlikeable though haha.

Not said a lot but track position is quite key here.

What a fecking race and ending that was! Peak F1!

Hamilton fecked up 4 laps in a row last and first corner, Russel on far older tires manage to drive better than him and not make any mistakes, what a great race that was from him, absolutely legendary driving that was, Lewis won't be happy with himself.

Ferrari once again using weirdest strategy available, pitting after 7 laps on hards and outting hards again only to drive 25 laps on them, what a fecking idiots.

It's also been a pretty good race for Verstappen in the end. A bit anonymous and never in the running for the podium, but he has ended up before Norris, so the grid penalty has cost him nothing for the season.

What’s the issue here? He was really quite passive.

There was absolutely no risk here overtaking Russel if he could follow him, he was just not good in last and first corner and was losing 2-3 tenths every single lap there, his racing line was terrible in every lap. If you really think he throw away another win because he didn't want to risk it then you don't know Lewis.

There was absolutely no risk here overtaking Russel if he could follow him, he was just not good in last and first corner and was losing 2-3 tenths every single lap there, his racing line was terrible in every lap. If you really think he throw away another win because he didn't want to risk it then you don't know Lewis.

Well he was running more wing so the straight he wasn’t pulling close and agreed he kept getting Turn 1 wrong at key points. I think had that been for a win vs another team he tries something risky to make a move, that’s my point.

He’s raced brilliantly today and done what he needed to do to win but Russell has somehow made a one stop work, it probably stings for Hamilton more as he has tire left but was covering Leclerc.

So RB were the best in the straights and now everyone else surpassed them it seems. I haven't seen a team so dominant losing their advantage so quickly. They must've made some horrible decisions regarding development/design of the car.

So RB were the best in the straights and now everyone else surpassed them it seems. I haven't seen a team so dominant losing their advantage so quickly. They must've made some horrible decisions regarding development/design of the car.
That Newey chap seems to have had some impact innit?

Lewis being pissed he did not win, is what you want to see, you don’t want him to be happy about it, he was pissed and you could tell.
That’s the Lewis Ferrari want next season and Mercedes for the rest of this.

Lewis being pissed he did not win, is what you want to see, you don’t want him to be happy about it, he was pissed and you could tell.
That’s the Lewis Ferrari want next season and Mercedes for the rest of this.
Piastri desperate for small talk and getting a cold shoulder was funny

I like Piastri, he seems to have the best character out of these lot, and he drives well too. Norris made a mess out of another race and lost points to Max.

I like Piastri, he seems to have the best character out of these lot, and he drives well too. Norris made a mess out of another race and lost points to Max.

He's the Australian Raikkonen, so yeah. Very easy to root for him.

I like him also, Russell I just can’t take to him , something about him.
Lewis and Russell did not have much to say to each other, don’t see a warm and friendly relationship there

Well he was running more wing so the straight he wasn’t pulling close and agreed he kept getting Turn 1 wrong at key points. I think had that been for a win vs another team he tries something risky to make a move, that’s my point.

He’s raced brilliantly today and done what he needed to do to win but Russell has somehow made a one stop work, it probably stings for Hamilton more as he has tire left but was covering Leclerc.

He's had a great race until last few laps, I agree. He looks pissed he's lost the race, that much is clear. Or maybe he is pissed he signed for Ferrari.

I like him also, Russell I just can’t take to him , something about him.
Lewis and Russell did not have much to say to each other, don’t see a warm and friendly relationship there

Yeah, Lewis was pissed, but can understand him to be fair.

They keep up the usual bullshit about what an amazing race this was, but it was shite.

Another clear display of how you need giant DRS zones to make passing possible at all. Cars cant follow within 1.5s of each other without being bogged down. You need a giant delta to get past someone.

A tyre management sim rather than racing. Thanks to the cars being oversized over encumbered battery packs.

I don't think the race was bad at all, but yeah, it's obvious they have again made it harder to follow car in front, or maybe that's just Belgium because they were on different set ups.

Something needs to be done about tyre management though, it's the worst part of racing at the moment.

I don't think the race was bad at all, but yeah, it's obvious they have again made it harder to follow car in front, or maybe that's just Belgium because they were on different set ups.

Something needs to be done about tyre management though, it's the worst part of racing at the moment.
Maybe make the teams design their own tyres as well? :cool:

George's car underweight.

Oh crikey, what a kerfuffle