F1 2024 Season

He's been summoned to the stewards in 5 mins along with hamilton.

The stewards decision was that he left the track and gained an advantage but it wasn't a lasting advantage because he gave it back so if he hadn't he would have been penalised.
Really? Thought it was No further investigation so no verdict from them. If that was to be the verdict it would be ridiculous.

They’re not going to talk about it but for the umpteenth time, the Red bulls brakes are fecked. Max was furious because there was nothing they could do all weekend to let him brake like he usually does.

That’s why he was compromised on brake bias and front wing level. And also why the lock up happened at the end
Sorry but that's utter rubbish.

There was nothing wrong with his brakes all weekend. The car is suffering from understeer which max hates and was mentioned in qually and the race.

The lock ups were because he was angry and took too much speed into the attempted overtakes.

There's not a single article anywhere online about RedBull having break issues not were there any radio calls about it.

Lewis looks to have done Max a bit of a favour there.

It was not a racing incident at all. It was a driver on tilt taking a massive risk and getting it all wrong. Honestly, FIA have to be much stronger than this. His behaviour is only going to get worse until he starts getting properly punished (or returns to having a car miles quicker than anything else on the grid).

I mean, Lewis literally turned into him. Max was idiot for trying to overtake there but you are allowed to do that, and he was always going straight there with Lewis switch and gaining advantage again, Max was never going to come out first out of that corner. Maybe Lewis just wasn't expecting him there?

Anyone know what GP meant before Max complained how he had to do something ecause they fecked up the strategy? Something like good move, or whatever it was, when he was closing on Hamilton.

It was not a racing incident at all. It was a driver on tilt taking a massive risk and getting it all wrong. Honestly, FIA have to be much stronger than this. His behaviour is only going to get worse until he starts getting properly punished (or returns to having a car miles quicker than anything else on the grid).
While being all outraged about drivers forcing drivers off track. Alexa, what's irony?

I mean, Lewis literally turned into him. Max was idiot for trying to overtake there but you are allowed to do that, and he was always going straight there with Lewis switch and gaining advantage again, Max was never going to come out first out of that corner. Maybe Lewis just wasn't expecting him there?
:lol:

Did you even read the FIA statement. It says the telemetry from car 44 didn't do anything untoward i.e. he didn't turn into him.

Max got angry and divebomed Hamilton. It was stupid of max. If he had gotten a DNF his lead could have been down to 59 points (especially if Norris held onto p1 with the knowledge of a max DNF). He can't do stupid stuff like that with McLaren and lando cutting into his lead over next 11 races

Think it's the right decision from the stewards, yeah Lewis turned in under braking as if nobody was on the inside (which Max said was moving under braking, personally I don't see it that way but it's debatable I guess) but Max did lunge from far, similar to what Norris did a couple of times to Max in Austria. If either Lewis had checked his mirrors a bit better and/or if Max had braked a bit earlier it would have been fine but here we are.

would love a couple of dnfs in a row for max now.

The FIA clearly bottling it by not punishing Verstappen.

But anyway McClaren are sure going to look pretty stupid if Lando loses the title by less than 7 points.

Verstappen in huge “being a prick” shocker. What’s new? When it isn’t going his way he throws his toys out the pram, and more than that he’s a menace on the track.

A decision was made there to sweep it under the carpet.

Biggest take away for me was Lando being passive aggressive in the cooldown room with Lewis for no apparent reason.

Exactly right.

Verstappen in huge “being a prick” shocker. What’s new? When it isn’t going his way he throws his toys out the pram, and more than that he’s a menace on the track.

verstappen doesn’t know how to race lewis. i reckon he spends more time in verstappen’s head than he does in his tax haven.

Why on earth did RB give Perez that new contract? His form was already iffy at the start of this season/back end of last season, just last year Max was able to carry RB to the title on his own, this year we actually have competition and its not a foregone conclusion

Wonder if they have to pay him compensation like with football managers or can just bin him

Reportedly they gave him the contract because it meant that they could exercise performance clauses immediately - specifically if he falls 100 points behind Verstappen his contract can be terminated with no penalty.

A decision was made there to sweep it under the carpet.

Biggest take away for me was Lando being passive aggressive in the cooldown room with Lewis for no apparent reason.

Yes. It did seem like Lewis was a bit taken aback by Norris reaction.

No idea why people are calling Lando a dick, he's the person in prime position to challenge Max for the title and this was a great chance to make up some ground but he has to give up that due to embarassing decisions by his team. They've sacrificed Norris to try and look good to Piastri.

He only was in front due to a team decision and therefore he should respect the team decision to move him back. Maclaren clearly fecked it all up but it's not like Lando was guaranteed to pass Piastri before the (inexplicable) undercut.

Can’t believe max didn’t get a penalty for that. He dived bombed, got it wrong and hit a car attempting to go around the bend. Was Lewis meant to go straight on too just to avoid the contact

He only was in front due to a team decision and therefore he should respect the team decision to move him back. Maclaren clearly fecked it all up but it's not like Lando was guaranteed to pass Piastri before the (inexplicable) undercut.
Not guaranteed, no, but with 1/3 of the race to go and only a couple of seconds behind, I'm sure he'd have liked to at least been afforded the chance to win. Instead he's been made to give that up to cover off a guy who finished 10 seconds behind him and was never a threat.

:lol:

Did you even read the FIA statement. It says the telemetry from car 44 didn't do anything untoward i.e. he didn't turn into him.

Max got angry and divebomed Hamilton. It was stupid of max. If he had gotten a DNF his lead could have been down to 59 points (especially if Norris held onto p1 with the knowledge of a max DNF). He can't do stupid stuff like that with McLaren and lando cutting into his lead over next 11 races

Yeah, it was divebomb and very stupid from Max, but Hamilton literally turned his wheels into Max's rear end(because Hamilton was supposed to turn into the corner), he generally didn't do anything wrong from rules point of view, I am just saying that he could have continued bit straight and hit the brakes more which would just send Max straight and it would be easy for Hamilton to take over the position back, this way he risked his car being hit too.

Can’t believe max didn’t get a penalty for that. He dived bombed, got it wrong and hit a car attempting to go around the bend. Was Lewis meant to go straight on too just to avoid the contact

Probably.
I mean had it been the other way round, you could imagine the reaction.

Genuine queation, what did Max do wrong there? It was a classic divebomb that we see quite often, are divebombs illegal?

I mean, you can say he is a cnut and a child, he deserves it after his comments today, and I am definitely not defending him individually, I just don't see anything wrong with that move. We see that almost every race.

Genuine queation, what did Max do wrong there? It was a classic divebomb that we see quite often, are divebombs illegal?

I mean, you can say he is a cnut and a child, he deserves it after his comments today, and I am definitely not defending him individually, I just don't see anything wrong with that move. We see that almost every race.

Having just watched it again, Max car was out of control well before Lewis Hamilton started to the right for the right turn.

So it is actually the other way round. What did Hamilton do wrong?

Think it's the right decision from the stewards, yeah Lewis turned in under braking as if nobody was on the inside (which Max said was moving under braking, personally I don't see it that way but it's debatable I guess) but Max did lunge from far, similar to what Norris did a couple of times to Max in Austria. If either Lewis had checked his mirrors a bit better and/or if Max had braked a bit earlier it would have been fine but here we are.
I’m fine with no penalty by the way, but the content of what happened in this post is evidentially false.