F1 2024 Season

Good point. I think Oscar is a great driver. But Lando is just a step up. They had the same aged tyres ? And Lando pulled away
I don't think lando is a step up at all. Quite the opposite. I think his race management is poor. Should have 3/4 wins this season. He's undoubtedly quick but I think Oscar will have a far more successful career.

Yeah, you are giving them way too much credit there. Today’s were the actions of a weak team who are used to running in the midfield and being “nice”. There was no deeper thinking going on.
Of course they were, they decided that the team dynamic was worth more than a handful of points in a race.

I have to say, Max looks incredibly ordinary when his car isn’t good enough to fly off into the distance. Maybe it was just an off day for him but he made a number of errors today.

Norris might be the faster driver right now, but also remember he’s had much more influence in car development by virtue of being there longer. And Piastri has only been in F1 for 18 months or so. Maybe in off the mark, but I do wonder if the team sees something in Piastri that made them think twice about letting it be with Norris in front today.
It's been a while but the way Oscar moved to Mclaren was bit of a shit show, they must have seen something in him at the time to get him onboard.

Alonso was told to let Stroll pass so he could attack Yuki as Stroll was on new tyres, and Stroll was meant to give the position back on the last lap and refused.
Stroll is hilarious. As if one place for him matters. He's there because his Dad pays for him to pretend to be a driver

McLaren are no longer lucky to get on tbe podium, they are now challenging for race wins/potential titles so need to now be more ruthless

Would RB ask Max to slow down for Perez?

I have to say, Max looks incredibly ordinary when his car isn’t good enough to fly off into the distance. Maybe it was just an off day for him but he made a number of errors today.
I think he got used to wiping the floor with everyone and when it's difficult for him, he just loses his head completely. I've never heard of a drivers own engineer argue against him on the radio like that. I wonder how much went on that we didn't hear

McLaren are no longer lucky to get on tbe podium, they are now challenging for race wins/potential titles so need to now be more ruthless

Would RB ask Max to slow down for Perez?
They would but Max would refuse and the team would be like we tried etc…. We saw this with Vettel vs Webber.

I mean, Piastri was told not worry about Norris, while Norris just kept pushing like crazy, while Piastri managed his pace and tyres assuming he will be given the place back.
Agree with this take. Piastri clearly keeping the pace the team wants him to while Norris was overdriving by a significant margin.

He was rightly behind before the team intervened though.
By two seconds and with 1/3 of the race still to go, hardly an insurmountable gap. McLaren really ballsed that up for everyone when it was totally unnecessary. I'd be very annoyed if I were Lando.

Great race, lots of drama. Went expecting much because it's not great for overtaking.

What a mess McClaren created for itself here though. They've basically risked pissing off everyone. No one seems to have taken it too badly, at least outwardly so maybe they got away with it. Fair play to Norris, maybe wouldn't have done what he did. He didn't do anything wrong and could have felt entitled to keep that place for the championship. I hope for his sake he doesn't miss out at the end of the season by a fine margin.

Have to say well done to Piastri. He looked great in the start and middle of the race. First win in his second season is amazing. I'm sure he would have liked slightly awkward circumstances though.

Surely a penalty coming for Max too.

I think he got used to wiping the floor with everyone and when it's difficult for him, he just loses his head completely. I've never heard of a drivers own engineer argue against him on the radio like that. I wonder how much went on that we didn't hear
It was a shambles from both sides. Red Bull didn't get the car setup right, the big update package didn't really work, then they fecked up by telling Max to give Norris the place back which he didn't have to, after which they fecked up the strategy as well by allowing him to be undercut on a track that is known for being difficult to overtake on. And when Max was angry about these things GP responded passive aggressively pouring more fuel on the fire sending Max into a frenzy :lol:

Surely a penalty coming for Max too.

He's been summoned to the stewards in 5 mins along with hamilton.

they fecked up by telling Max to give Norris the place back which he didn't have to

The stewards decision was that he left the track and gained an advantage but it wasn't a lasting advantage because he gave it back so if he hadn't he would have been penalised.

To be fair, RedBull have screwed up with this year's car. Last year's was legendary. Instead of continuing with that car and evolving it, they went with a new design (the first under wiesch and balbo). That collosial drs advantage has gone. Everyone in the paddock was surprised by the shift to a new design.

Yes the chasing pack are catching them, but RedBull have also helped them catch up.

Vertical sidepods ala mercedes last season went onto the car in Spain and they are having setup issues getting the car in the right window. Coincidence?

Also since they moved away from last year's design, they are having correlation issues with simulator and track. Which other team had correlation issues when running vertical sidepods?

No wonder max is pissed. They have thrown away their advantage. Only to McLaren so far, but Mercedes and Ferrari will have more wind tunnel runs than McLaren and RedBull at the mid season reset for the rest of this season. So they will be chasing RedBull as well.

They’re not going to talk about it but for the umpteenth time, the Red bulls brakes are fecked. Max was furious because there was nothing they could do all weekend to let him brake like he usually does.

That’s why he was compromised on brake bias and front wing level. And also why the lock up happened at the end
the best drivers will adapt to the car they’re given.

Wait a minute. Did F1 become sort of interesting again? I noticed Verstappen has not won the last 375 races in a row.

Max Verstappen finished in fifth and the incident involving Lewis Hamilton is being investigated with the stewards, he told Sky Sports afterwards: "I went for a move that was fully on but when I was in the middle of the breaking zone and already committed, [Hamilton] he keeps on warping right. If I hadn't turned while breaking straight, I would have made contact with him."

On the back and forth radio messages with his engineer, he said: "I don't know why people think that you can't be vocal on a radio, this is a sport and if some people don't like that then stay home."

Max Verstappen finished in fifth and the incident involving Lewis Hamilton is being investigated with the stewards, he told Sky Sports afterwards: "I went for a move that was fully on but when I was in the middle of the breaking zone and already committed, [Hamilton] he keeps on warping right. If I hadn't turned while breaking straight, I would have made contact with him."

On the back and forth radio messages with his engineer, he said: "I don't know why people think that you can't be vocal on a radio, this is a sport and if some people don't like that then stay home."
He's a manchild spoiled prick.

They’re not going to talk about it but for the umpteenth time, the Red bulls brakes are fecked. Max was furious because there was nothing they could do all weekend to let him brake like he usually does.

That’s why he was compromised on brake bias and front wing level. And also why the lock up happened at the end
He managed to overtake Leclerc before then, and was all over the back of Hamilton on separate occasions. He took too much pace into a lunge on the inside and locked up. You’re acting like he didn’t have working breaks, he ran out of patience. Hamilton was on hards that were what, 15 laps older?

Lando making me dislike him and like Hamilton. That's not how it's supposed to be.
Lando is a spoilt rich kid who has been taught how ro behave "appropriately" for wide audiences , however when he is annoyed because he didn't get his way, his real self slips through. That actually is valid for a lot of the drivers.