F1 2024 Season

Well there's Verstappen alongside him on the 2nd row, probably neither make it past lap 1

I can see Norris and Verstappen both getting past the Mercedes, but we'll see.

As for the Austria incident, I was originally on Norris' side partly because I want a fight for the championship and Verstappen did veer left, but after seeing the comparison to Sainz v Verstappen from last year, I can get with the racing incident comments most of the other drivers made this week. Norris could've gotten through that corner without incident.

I can see Norris and Verstappen both getting past the Mercedes, but we'll see.

As for the Austria incident, I was originally on Norris' side partly because I want a fight for the championship and Verstappen did veer left, but after seeing the comparison to Sainz v Verstappen from last year, I can get with the racing incident comments most of the other drivers made this week. Norris could've gotten through that corner without incident.
Yeah was a racing incident but neither will give the other an inch from now on. Cant see there not being more incidents

Yeah was a racing incident but neither will give the other an inch from now on. Cant see there not being more incidents

I'm all for the hard racing tbh. Thought I'd prefer it to go on without contact more often.
I just want hard racing for every win. Hopefully more teams can get involved, because one on one Verstappen will have the edge most of the time.
Piastri will 100% get there, and fairly soon, but another team joining the fight for wins would be amazing to watch.

Like Max v Lewis in Silverstone in 2021 before the contact was some of the best and most intense racing I've seen. Just amazing to watch. Would've loved that for last longer than it did.

I'm all for the hard racing tbh. Thought I'd prefer it to go on without contact more often.
I just want hard racing for every win. Hopefully more teams can get involved, because one on one Verstappen will have the edge most of the time.
Piastri will 100% get there, and fairly soon, but another team joining the fight for wins would be amazing to watch.

Like Max v Lewis in Silverstone in 2021 before the contact was some of the best and most intense racing I've seen. Just amazing to watch. Would've loved that for last longer than it did.
Just watched it back. A fantastic 20 seconds

Just watched it back. A fantastic 20 seconds

Hahah yaeh, it was a bit more than that (not a lot more I know), but watch the full first lap though, they were so closely on each other before the contact.
Like, that's what I want. Competitors completely on top of each others and going for it. That 2021 season often boils down to Abu Dhabi for a lot of people, but that was a brilliant season overall.

A year after the 2021 fight, we had the 'through goes Hamilton' thing with 4 drivers going wheel-to-wheel. The French broadcast had a brilliant helicopter shot following the whole thing from the air. I hope tomorrow brings some racing like that.

I still think the 2021 season was absolutely brilliant to watch - 2 skilled drivers often going wheel to wheel on track, the first lap of that Silverstone race until Max went off was fantastic to watch

I want to see fights for the lead, not having the only battles being in midfield. I also want to see more old school circuits where this can happen. Also replace run offs with gravel in some tracks, Perez would have got away with that error today. I don't want to see people miss a turn and drive straight across it and carry on unimpeded. Even Max paid for his error with the damaged floor

Wonder if Hamilton is now having second thoughts on joining Ferrari. Mercedes are starting to make their way back.

He's in the top 3 of hardest to like drivers for sure :lol:

I'm a little surprised by that. George is a silly posh plum but seems fairly unremarkable for the most part (edit: as a person, not a driver)

Perez, Stroll and Gasly would be my top 3 personally

Last edited:
RE: Perez

Apparently there are some clauses in his contract, one which states he can't be more than 100 behind max, currently 119 points behind. Also can't be more than 5 places behind max in drivers championship. He has until summer break to get back under both.

Tsundoa isn't seen as a realistic upgrade in Perez seat not is Danny Ric (latter in danger of losing his seat to Liam Lawson).

Can't put Lawson in Perez's seat as Max will destroy the confidence of a rookie. So who do you put in ?

I get Perez brings in £50mil a year in sponsorship but it's getting tighter at the top now (RedBulls own fault going away from last year's legendary car + rivals improving).

You'd think bringing in Sainz would be a no brainer. Ferrari once they resolve the high speed proposing they have brought back to the car with latest updates will be formidable next year, leclerc and Hamilton will push each other hard. McLaren have a great combo. Russell seems to be coming into his prime with the car now being developed for him as No1 driver going forwards. We have no idea how good or quick antonelli will be.

Points at the top end will be tough to get, max can't compete by himself as strategy wise he will end up in pincher movements. So you need a strong partner i.e. Sainz. Question is whether RedBull civil war will override any common sense....

Not sure red bull will go for sainz, his dad and Max's fella out and there was lots of nonsense at torro rosso back in the day if I remember right.

Not sure red bull will go for sainz, his dad and Max's fella out and there was lots of nonsense at torro rosso back in the day if I remember right.

There was no chance for Red Bull realistically, Sainz at Alpine is looking the most certain route now.

I expect Haas to announce Ocon shortly, leaving Bottas to Williams, and then the one I’m not sure about being Zhou or Porchaire at Sauber.

Is it true that Sergeant has out qualified Perez this season so far? :lol:

He’s only out qualified him 3 times this season.

Might not be a record he will be able to better as Williams will replace him before or just after the Summer break.

Do they have a choice anymore ? I got they wanted to go down the Ferrari route under Schumacher and have a no2 driver who wouldn't challenge for the drivers title, but Perez's confidence has been utterly destroyed and the car is built for max and his driving style.

Perez (when he was good at force india) drove the car the way Russell and Sainz drive their cars. A very smooth style of driving. Unlike Verstappen, Hamilton and Leclerc who like the cars to be more pointy but at their best have the ability to extract more out of the car that way.

Maybe RedBull do something completely nuts, now Kmag has lost his Haas seat to Ocon and put Kmag in a RedBull. You want a ultra aggressive rear gunner for max? Kmag is your man. :)

Do they have a choice anymore ? I got they wanted to go down the Ferrari route under Schumacher and have a no2 driver who wouldn't challenge for the drivers title, but Perez's confidence has been utterly destroyed and the car is built for max and his driving style.

Perez (when he was good at force india) drove the car the way Russell and Sainz drive their cars. A very smooth style of driving. Unlike Verstappen, Hamilton and Leclerc who like the cars to be more pointy but at their best have the ability to extract more out of the car that way.

Maybe RedBull do something completely nuts, now Kmag has lost his Haas seat to Ocon and put Kmag in a RedBull. You want a ultra aggressive rear gunner for max? Kmag is your man. :)

Tsunoda could be an option? He signed a 1 year extension just after Perez did but he's RB and would probably do a decent job in the main team judging by how he did last year. A swap is almost riskless with how badly Perez is doing.

I'm a little surprised by that. George is a silly posh plum but seems fairly unremarkable for the most part (edit: as a person, not a driver)

Perez, Stroll and Gasly would be my top 3 personally

Yeah I don't mind George, I like that he takes responsibility when he doesn't do well.

Perez is the total opposite which is why he's the least likeable to me, Gasly is also a bit slimy and whiney. Stroll I actually find quite funny at how apathetic he comes across.

F2 is full of whingers, Hadjar's race engineer definitely deserves a raise.

No longer are there consistent 1pm start times for races. Another load of crap caused by liberty.

It's thundering and lashing it down at Wimbledon

Hope we get a wet race, with normal start. Changeable conditions would be intriguing too

Pit-lane start for Perez

Andrew Benson
BBC F1 correspondent at Silverstone

"...Red Bull have taken the opportunity of Sergio Perez's error in qualifying, and 19th place on the grid, to fit a new internal combustion engine, battery and electronics control unit, all of which exceed his allowance. He will start from the pit lane..."

Theres a part of me wishing this was max at Silverstone, just to see how far up the grid he could get starting from the pitlane. Perez? He'll struggle to get past 15th place or something.

No rain until an hour into the race apparently.

Bloody thunder and lightning where I am.

Good point from Alessandro Alunni Bravi on the grid that the best strategy might be starting on M or H and waiting for the rain.

Maybe it's old news by now but just heard that Ferrari spent practice comparing the new updates they introduced at Barcelona with their old setup and decided to go back to the old one. Not exactly good timing when Merc and Mclaren are making so much progress.