F1 2024 Season

McLaren will hopefully be smart tomorrow and tag team Max, split your strategies and go for the win.

Austrian GP Qualifying: Top 10
1) Max Verstappen, Red Bull
2) Lando Norris, McLaren
3) George Russell, Mercedes
4) Carlos Sainz, Ferrari
5) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
6) Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
7) Oscar Piastri, McLaren
8) Sergio Perez, Red Bull
9) Nico Hulkenberg, Hass
10) Esteban Ocon, Alpine

0.4 for 1min lap is..a lot. I expected much closer results. Can't believe there's also such a huge gap between teammates, Perez is defying logic. Put Hulkenberg in that Red Bull and he'll be second, probably.

Oscar's penalty very very harsh, I dont think it was outside track limits.
mmmm looking at this , yeah he was over.
449377551_877716187722541_757655587738522791_n.jpg

Big gap for Max on such a short track, seems they had a lot more info to tweak the car but the way Max just drove back past Lando without DRS in the sprint was just as ominous as the large quali gap.

Alonso stunned by stewards' decision in Austria: 'I just don't get it':

- Fernando Alonso expressed disagreement with the stewards' decision to penalize Nico Hulkenberg during the sprint race in Austria:

- Hulkenberg received a ten-second penalty and two penalty points for an aggressive move on Alonso at turn three.

- The incident occurred while they were battling for 14th place, away from points-scoring positions.

- Alonso believes the penalty was unjust, implying it was an unfair decision by the stewards.

- This incident adds to Alonso's previous criticisms of stewarding decisions in the 2024 Formula 1 season, reflecting his outspoken stance on perceived unfair penalties in racing incidents.

"It was too optimistic for sure, but I probably disagree with the penalty points again. You can succeed, or you can make a mistake, and maybe you pay the price or you have to give back the position, or if it's the last lap of the race, there is a time penalty, but I don't think that it was a dangerous manoeuvre.”

“He was just attempting an overtake. Too optimistic, okay, but not the penalty points. I still don't get it,"

#fernandoalonso

VIA: [gpblog]

Mercedes have been fined €5,000 after Lewis Hamilton clipped his rear jack during qualifying

"The Stewards heard from the team representative and reviewed video evidence," read the stewards' statement.

"Car 44 was released from the garage in an unsafe manner dragging a jack and an exhaust extractor behind it.

"The Stewards acknowledge that the team immediately informed the driver to stop to prevent any further damage and/or dangerous situation."

perez would have completed a lap under the same circumstances.

perez would have completed a lap under the same circumstances.

There's a rumour going around that the reason he is so slow is because he has a mechanic sucked under his car ever since Australia last year.

The anthem was great!

Unfortunately think it'll just be Max disappearing into the distance, shame Piastri is down the field so the Mclarens can't work together

Lando needs to get Max into turn 1 I think

Second a head after the first lap, yeah this is over before the first round of stops.

Landos starts last 2 races have been a bit slow (obviously way better than I could do) but it means he's getting more pressure from behind than putting pressure on Max

Perez deserves a fine for that. Probably Piastri for Leclerc incident too.