F1 2023 Season

Ocon hasn’t pitted yet. :lol:

Edit: Now he has with loads of people about. :lol:
Jesus, what a mess, there were people in the pitlane when ocon came in for a stop.

But its ok, as we have sprint races who cares about safety. Jesus.

RB are going to be fined for their mechanics climbing the fence while a race is still going on.

Horner sounding disappointed that Max finished second. His nose couldn’t be further deeper up Max’s ass.

Great result for Perez. Max will be looking for all the excuses but the fact is that he was easily beaten by his number 2.

What the feck. I've missed the race start because I was assuming it started at 2pm like the other sessions. feck Liberty.
I missed the whole race as I thought it's starting like the other sessions, but reading on here it seems there wasn't really much to miss.

Perez is so good on these street tracks, great race from him. I think Max will be happy with the second as he was never catching Perez there, regardless of what happened with the safety car. As he said "It is what it is"

Sometimes it just isn't your day.

Perez is so good on these street tracks, great race from him. I think Max will be happy with the second as he was never catching Perez there, regardless of what happened with the safety car. As he said "It is what it is"

Sometimes it just isn't your day.
Yeah great race from Perez.

Perez is such an average driver 80% of the season, but yet he is excellent at some of these street races. Great driving today.

I guess at least people can't complain that Red Bull allowed their number 2 driver to win the race ahead of Max.

Horner sounding disappointed that Max finished second. His nose couldn’t be further deeper up Max’s ass.
Noted that. ‘Checo got lucky with the safety car.’

Feck off you little rat. Can’t stand either Horner or Verstappen. Both bellends.

Checo had an awkward embrace with Marko, Checo went for the hug and Marko did the ol' finger tips.

Great drive from Perez but apart from Alonso it was pretty dull. I recall more action at the end of the straight under the old regs but obviously had time to mature a bit. Hopefully Merc upgrades can turn it into less of a snow plough and we can get some action, the two drivers were trying at least.

DRS is definitely the biggest pile of shit we have at the moment in F1 racing.

Have the new regs enabled closer or more exciting racing on any metric?

They’ve given one car with the world expert in such designs a huge advantage as intended, but everyone else seems to rely on DRS or struggles with tyre blistering following the car in front.

And we can’t even race in the rain anymore.

And without it we would have even less overtaking.

I don't really care, today's race would be far more intense without DRS. I am sure we would have overtaking, it's just that drivers' don't risk anymore and just wait for easy overtake with DRS.

Well we saw today even with DRS it's not always a formality to overtake. You'd have thought Ocon would be a sitting duck with all those cars behind him but nope, managed to keep them off lap after lap. I personally believe the slipstream effect without DRS is too weak.

Well we saw today even with DRS it's not always a formality to overtake. You'd have thought Ocon would be a sitting duck with all those cars behind him but nope, managed to keep them off lap after lap. I personally believe the slipstream effect without DRS is too weak.

It is, and I agree that it's worse than they thought the new rules would make it out to be. But drivers simply don't need to push in certain sections of the lap because they know they get easy overtake at straights. Regarding Ocon and mid grid overtakes, DRS trains in mid grid are another big problem that stops quicker drivers behind overtaking slower cars ahead of them because they too have DRS.

Another problem is energy and engine saving as we saw today with Hamilton:"Do you have any more power saved for me" or whatever was one of the saddest showing what an F1 has become, because they are saving power because he needs to have his engine saved for next race, even though we just had pointless 15 laps race yesterday and extra qualifying session for no reason.

FIA moved the detection zone for today GP forward by 100 metres without consulting the drivers, which lead to less overtaking.

FIA are a mess.

It is, and I agree that it's worse than they thought the new rules would make it out to be. But drivers simply don't need to push in certain sections of the lap because they know they get easy overtake at straights. Regarding Ocon and mid grid overtakes, DRS trains in mid grid are another big problem that stops quicker drivers behind overtaking slower cars ahead of them because they too have DRS.

Another problem is energy and engine saving as we saw today with Hamilton:"Do you have any more power saved for me" or whatever was one of the saddest showing what an F1 has become, because they are saving power because he needs to have his engine saved for next race, even though we just had pointless 15 laps race yesterday and extra qualifying session for no reason.

But Ocon didn't have DRS. How can a car that had 50 lap old hard tyres and no DRS manage to defend lap in lap out on the circuit with the longest straight in the calendar.

Totally agreed on engine saving modes.