F1 2023 Season

Thanks for the info dinostar77. Yeah a good VPN would be needed. Most times I'm fine with highlights as we have more red flags and delays for rain. If they could just allow C4 to show this at 10:30pm 11pm or even 12 it would be fine as before.

Quali local time is 4pm-5pm. This makes it 11pm-12 CET live, highlights afterwards is out the window. Just not sure why this can't take place a bit earlier local time, I guess for west coast viewing. LA is 3 hours behind Miami/New York.

Must be so interesting being a guest in the garages

Really hope the rain comes tomorrow, wasn't this race really boring last year. I'd have made the run off areas narrower with gravel beyond them, people shouldn't just be able to come back on track if they completely feck up

Of course if it rains, the question will be do they actually properly race... Have they sorted the tyres so they CAN race in the rain?

Jeff Bezos in the paddock looks like what an AI would create if you asked it to draw a midlife crisis.

1683397174_338_Miami-GP-Jeff-Bezos-hops-on-McLaren-pit-wall-while.jpg

Bit annoying how Channel 4 are showing the highlights at 1:30am-2:45am Monday morning. After waiting a month due to no China race, this weekend might as well not exist as quali is on Sunday morning. This happens with all the US races now but before we used to have them on at around 11pm but seems they have decided to start them at later local times which pushes it to the next day in Europe. 15:30 in Miami, if it was 13:00 we could have highlights shown in the evening. Maybe they should forgo this certain amount of time after Sky have shown the race on these occasions. Last year some concert was blamed for the late start.

They seem to be worried about the next generation not watching and ruining the sport with changes yet are not even showing the highlights at a reasonable time on the day it takes place. You're kind of forced into watching 2 mins clips on youtube or just check the results and not bother. I've got used to avoiding the news and spoilers in the highlight era and still sometimes click on a football page and my eye catches who's got pole posted annoyingly down the page. I'm not doing that until the next day, the event and weekend has gone.

With sprint race weekends Channel 4 don't even show quali.

My understanding, and I may be wrong, but all this is because of what Sky dictate e.g. time after full race highlights can be shown, not allowing practice or other sessions shown which may impact spring quali, and they don't even let CH4 on the grid anymore I think. Basically, blame Sky and F1 but that's how it is and why some people look for streams instead as it's a lot of money especially in the current environment.

Well Aston's impressive form didn't last long.

We are pretty close to same scenario as the last year again, Red Bull dominance with Ferrari strong second(but nowhere near Red Bull at the same time), and fight for third position. Mercedes is very slow again.

Mercedes is slow, but that was shite lap from Hamilton. Didn't even improve his lap by much.

Only silver lining for them is next race they have new front wing, new front suspension, new floor and new sidepods. This dogshit slim sidepods design will finally be gone.

I thought they were improving and practise times seemed alright. Weird one for Hamilton to be in 13th

Thought Merc left it too late, just 2 mins left before a lap made but looking at the car over the corners and Russel's time perhaps it wouldn't have made that much difference.

Lots of mistakes from Hamilton too focused on playing basketball and other things this weekend.

Joke

Leclerc determined to destroy the new floor. Max is going to start P9.

Now tomorrow is going to be interesting.

That delay on the red flag has punished Max for messing his lap up. Alonso front row will be fun.

Looking like it was going to be a great final shoot out for pole. Leclercs ruined it so many times.

Well, that's an interesting grid!

Seems fecked up that one guy makes a complete feck up, and that punishes everyone.

Leclerc fecked it up. The way he lost the rear end after the initial spin when he wanted to steer from the wall was amazing, just goes the show forces in F1.

At least it will be interesting race, he fecked uo Max.

Looking like it was going to be a great final shoot out for pole. Leclercs ruined it so many times.

He actually made it more interesting than we would get if all made their laps.

Well, that's an interesting grid!

Seems fecked up that one guy makes a complete feck up, and that punishes everyone.

The nature of qualifying, it's why it's so important to get that banker lap in as you never know what's going to happen.

Max getting fecked over here but that's racing. Perez being gifted P1 in the race and possibly in the standings here

Even though it mixes up the grid, I'd still like those on track to at least be allowed to run a full lap if someone crashes, there was one and half minutes left, they should be allowed an outlap and to finish. Sure Max should've got a banker lap in but Perez had two goes, Max just one due to a Ferrari crashing.