F1 2023 Season

Which is weird, because Monaco is just a procession once qualifiers are done. It gets a pass on legacy but as a new circuit would be panned

Fair enough on the second point

It's only impossible to overtake due to modern aero. It never used to be the case, and the zero margin for error makes it special amongst drivers. New street circuits all have massive run off areas.

Monaco is to F1, what indy is to indy car, wembley is to England, sure there is better stadiums but this is the one, the biggest problem with Monaco is the size of the cars now.

Still all to play for in Superbru Fantasy.
rpitroda and UnitedHobbit , both on 273.5 points, unless they both forgot to pick at the weekend, which is unlikely one of those will be champion.
hob is too far behind on 267.5 and me on 264 will not be catching them.

So close! The fantasy league is more exciting than the actual championships - it's like the 2021 season, going into the last race level on points

So annoyed I didn't trust my initial prediction of Charles on pole this weekend

I actually enjoyed the race itself, I think the cold weather made it more exciting as tyres weren't warming up, plus the unpredictable grid (however I'm one who wants reverse grid sprint races)

They need to try only using DRS at the tracks it's really needed so people can't just breeze past

Monaco is to F1, what indy is to indy car, wembley is to England, sure there is better stadiums but this is the one, the biggest problem with Monaco is the size of the cars now.

some go kart tracks i’ve seen have an upstairs bit. if they put that in at monaco, you could decide to drive on the upstairs bit if the person in front of you downstairs is too slow.

I read the transcript of this and am glad I watched it too because it comes across even better than when I read it. He's spot on in my opinion. F1 has such a rich history and I think some of the newer fans have no interest in that. To think that spa is at risk and this has the potential for ten years is absolutely mad. I think max speaks for most long term F1 fans here.

its a shame as well because America has an amazing racing history, and some iconic tracks. Why can't liberty look to invest some money into Watkins glen as an example, a great track, rather than spend tens of millions or whatever on a fake track on a street or in a car park.

Those idiots would sooner back another midnight street race through Manhattan than go 250 miles upstate to Watkins Glen. Same story in Florida. Why race somewhere steeped in american motorsport history like Sebring when you can force the fans to have a miserable extortionate time in Miami.

I'd love to see F1 cars try and last for 2 hours at Sebring.

Watching the Brawn documentary shows how many tracks have disappeared from the calendar. Wonder what F1 will look like 10 years from now

Watching the Brawn documentary shows how many tracks have disappeared from the calendar. Wonder what F1 will look like 10 years from now

Only the four tracks I counted that are no longer on the calendar. I don't think it'll look that much different in 10 years as most circuits are signing longer term deals due to the increased popularity of the sport.

Denver Broncos used "Max Verstappen" as an audible call.

Lewis hamilton is part owner of Denver Bronos !

:lol::lol:

The Brawn GP story on disney + is excellent.

On episode 2. Didnt know that in Malaysia (round 2), if they had restarted the race, neither brawn car would have restarted (i'll leave out the reason why).

The Brawn GP story on disney + is excellent.

On episode 2. Didnt know that in Malaysia (round 2), if they had restarted the race, neither brawn car would have restarted (i'll leave out the reason why).

It's very good, finished it yesterday. The internal rivalry story was as fascinating as the external fight that Brawn faced.

Horner looks like a different man back in 2009, can't help thinking he's been to Turkey!

It's very good, finished it yesterday. The internal rivalry story was as fascinating as the external fight that Brawn faced.

Horner looks like a different man back in 2009, can't help thinking he's been to Turkey!
Just finished it. We've lost some good tracks in F1. 16 races is the right amount for a season. Not the overbloated 24 we have now. Vettel would have been champion if the season had gone to 24 races. Id forgotten how quick and fast he was in his Red Bull days.

Id also forgotten how much Button was letting the pressure get to him and how much his achillies heal of tyre temps affected him that season.

Massa made a good point about pressures on brasilian F1 drivers, Fittipaldi, Piquet and the legend all brasilian drivers will be compared to; senna. Thats alot of pressure.

Bernie still seems to be bitter still at all the money he had to give away to the teams.

From the Press Conference:
1. What was your take on what happened there? And what was your reaction to the five-second penalty?

Max Verstappen: Well, I mean, the start was good. But then, we braked quite late to defend the position but I was a bit on the inside,
on the dirt, I guess. As soon as you’re a bit off-line here, it’s super low grip. And that's what happened.
I braked and there was no grip. I didn't mean to push Charles off the track, but I couldn't slow it down and I just kept sliding
on four wheels, wide. So that's why we had to go wide.

You know, at the time, you’re also full of adrenaline and I was not happy with the decision. But, you know, looking back at it,
it was probably the right call. And yeah, after that, with that five seconds it was definitely a bit harder to come back to the front.

Charles Leclerc: Yeah, well, I think Max already came to me and explained me the situation. Obviously, it was on the limit,
over the limits and I think the five seconds penalty is deserved. It was tight. I still try to push off the track,
but it was so low grip, to try and keep that position. But it's the way it is. He has been penalised. He paid a penalty.
And I think that was the right penalty to give.
It was fun and then we talked about it, he explained the situation and that's what it is. It's good'.

Yeah, it seems both teams are fighting hard for that constructor position based on last few races.

The second link with hamilton standing, not the first one. I cant get rid of the first video.

Too many freudian slips...

Norris, Leclerc, Horner, Kravitz, Perez :lol:

Last edited:
Those idiots would sooner back another midnight street race through Manhattan than go 250 miles upstate to Watkins Glen. Same story in Florida. Why race somewhere steeped in american motorsport history like Sebring when you can force the fans to have a miserable extortionate time in Miami.

You saw what happened to Sainz at Vegas? Try racing an F1 car down 5th avenue and see what happens :lol:

Not sure how Max gets away with this pitlane overtaking, just accident waiting to happen.

So sainz smashes up his just recently "we have no money guvnor" patched up ferrari. Nice.

So Sprint qually is on a friday for 2024 with the race on saturday. Followed by qually for the GP on saturday. Who was the genius who came up with that idea? (Not ratified btw).

Who is going to take any risks in sprints knowing they may mess up their car for qually afterwards?

Though i hope this happens..."There is also some consideration being given to reversing at least some portion of the grid for the sprint."

Among other changes announced were:

A change to the technical regulations will allow the teams to add an extra duct underneath the monocoque to channel air from outside the car on to the driver in addition to the usual one in the nose.

The FIA is also looking into allowing the use of cooling race suits, but this would require a change to the rules to force teams to add ballast to the car if they did not choose to use them to ensure competitive conditions were equal across the grid.

A further test of devices aimed at reducing spray from the cars in wet weather, after a failure of a first attempt earlier this year

An agreement that "development of future tyres should be focused on reduction of overheating and improving raceability" has led to a decision to abandon the ban on tyre-heating blankets for 2025.

An agreement that no work may be carried out by teams on development of their cars for the new 2026 technical regulations that accompany a change of engine format before the start of 2025.
(Obviously aimed at Red Bull)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67518962

Nothing stopping Newey going off to "design some boats" whilst he draws up a 2026 spec car in his bedroom.

Nothing stopping Newey going off to "design some boats" whilst he draws up a 2026 spec car in his bedroom.
That is true, but you can't use the wind tunnel or CAD, so it's all on paper. Which newey loves anyway.

The changed the rules for today: overtaking in the pit lane exit will not be allowed in Qualifying

As per article 33.4 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, drivers are not allowed to drive unnecessarily slowly, that includes stopping a car in the fast lane of the pit lane. Additionally, overtaking is prohibited in the pit exit road unless a car slows with an obvious problem.

The changed the rules for today: overtaking in the pit lane exit will not be allowed in Qualifying

As per article 33.4 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, drivers are not allowed to drive unnecessarily slowly, that includes stopping a car in the fast lane of the pit lane. Additionally, overtaking is prohibited in the pit exit road unless a car slows with an obvious problem.

those drivers better be careful, we all know how the abu dhabi stewards are sticklers for the rules.

Not sure how Max gets away with this pitlane overtaking, just accident waiting to happen.
He was just a cock doing what he did , then slowing down on the track, yeah and before one person pipes up, I would say the same about any driver. The pit tunnel is not the play to push though, just wait your turn, the last place you want a crash is in there, stewards should have at least warned him about it

Good change , Max wrong for overtaking, but also both Mercs going too slow, pure gamesmanship, not the place for it.

He was just a cock doing what he did , then slowing down on the track, yeah and before one person pipes up, I would say the same about any driver. The pit tunnel is not the play to push though, just wait your turn, the last place you want a crash is in there, stewards should have at least warned him about it
Can't give a warning if it's not against the rules can you?

It always seemed dangerous to me, and then I learned that it was allowed. I didn't know that. I think they changed it now though. But it just seemed so obvious that it could become a dangerous situation. The one he done in Brazil was mad. He went onto the grass to overtake Perez. I mean, fair play, he didn't break any rules. But it was obvious watching it how bad that could go.