F1 2023 Season

Max beating the record for percentage of wins in a single season. One of the few F1 records that had a legitimate chance of never being beaten as it gets harder and harder to do as they add more races.

Ascari held the record for 71 years with Schumacher getting closest in 2004.

If he was to win the last two race he would beat the record by 11%.

Doubt this gets bet in any of our lifetimes.

Probably Mercedes most embarssing result in a while. Being beaten by 3 customer teams. Also hamilton being a dick and not keeping russell within DRS range the first stint.

Its a shame for Mercedes that they didnt geg rid of Mike Elliot sooner. If they had done a Mclaren in Winter Testing and admitted to themselves that slim side pod design was flawed, then they could have followed Mclaren and had a proper race car this season by Silverstone.

Instead they have this peaky hybridised race car that isnt doing them any favours.

Max beating the record for percentage of wins in a single season. One of the few F1 records that had a legitimate chance of never being beaten as it gets harder and harder to do as they add more races.

Depends, by 2050 the season will be 40 races long and verstappen junior will beat his dads record.

Joking aside, if someone nails the new regs in 2026 (other than RB), then the record could be matched or beaten. With a cost cap in place, if you nail the regs, you have an advantage others cant catch as we have seen with the RBs and ground effect.

Depends, by 2050 the season will be 40 races long and verstappen junior will beat his dads record.

Joking aside, if someone nails the new regs in 2026 (other than RB), then the record could be matched or beaten. With a cost cap in place, if you nail the regs, you have an advantage others cant catch as we have seen with the RBs and ground effect.

With more race it'll become easier to beat the total wins but harder to beat percentage wins

It's a lot harder to be consistently winning over 22 races than over 8 races like the in the 50s. If I was a betting man I don't think it'll be broken in our lifetime.

Yes and no. The cars are more efficient nowadays compared to yesteryear, so a dominant car is less likely to go pop and rack up wins.

It will be difficult for this combination of dominant car, terrible second driver, reliability, best team and best and most consistent driver to be matched.

I never believed I'd live to see a true successor to Schumacher but here we are. I'm glad to have had the privilege.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/s/2yr0G4Bc1X

Max singing a Tom Jones song on a post race radio is on the list of things I never expected to see.

Apparently it's a song they Max would listen to on drives with his parents when he was young.

Clearly beating the percent record for wins was a big moment for himself and the team.

Last edited:
For the good of Formula 1 and viewing audiencez worldwide, RedBull please put Alonso in the other seat.

If RB are still miles ahead of the rest next season, at least we will have dynamite boxoffice racing between Max and Fernando.
We will never see him in a Red Bull. Horner and Marko dont like him and have always made petty comments about him in the media, plus they will never bring someone that will challenge Max's authority.

Just hope Aston give him a better car next year and also in 2026 with the Honda engines.

We will never see him in a Red Bull. Horner and Marko dont like him and have always made petty comments about him in the media, plus they will never bring someone that will challenge Max's authority.

Just hope Aston give him a better car next year and also in 2026 with the Honda engines.
Not saying you're wrong, but when have they made those comments about Nando? Max calls him a role model so even if they dont like him, he might be able to convince them otherwise.

I could see though why maybe teams think twice about bringing him in - the McLaren documentary some years ago made it clear he is a very demanding/dominant individual on the team and if you re as well oiled as RB is now - you probably want to think twice about inserting that into it.

That was spectacular from Alonso. The Brazilian fans got a real treat at the end, I just love how well positioned the fans are.

So according to PDLR AM team have sorted out their problems by picking a mix between old aero package and new one. They god rid of the stuff that didn't work, apparently, and it has shown.

Wow that is so close! Be interesting to see a side angle
wnb3gxvn3lyb1.jpg

Not saying you're wrong, but when have they made those comments about Nando? Max calls him a role model so even if they dont like him, he might be able to convince them otherwise.

I could see though why maybe teams think twice about bringing him in - the McLaren documentary some years ago made it clear he is a very demanding/dominant individual on the team and if you re as well oiled as RB is now - you probably want to think twice about inserting that into it.
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/24326646/red-bull-rules-signing-fernando-alonso-causes-chaos

https://racingnews365.com/marko-points-to-alonso-rumors-switch-red-bull-may-have-spread-themselves

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f...h-too-political-helmut-marko-4464114/4464114/

There are more.
He has a good relatioship with Max because there is no compeition between their cars. No guarantee it will last if you put them in the same car.

They also know he is a dangerous opponent that will take points away from Max in a season long championship. The fans deserve it and it will bring back worldwide interest into F1 but unfortunately the people that make those decisions dont have any reason to.

Last edited:
Schumacher won his third by the time he was 31. Hamilton was 30 when he won his third.

Verstappen is a three time world chanpion at 26 and coming off one of the most dominant seasons ever. He might actually get to that type of CV.

Not saying he won't, but its hilarious to skip over Lewis, that's all I meant.

Out of everything possible in f1 I want Alonso winning a title against max somehow and see how toxic it would become. I'm not even a fan of either

Out of everything possible in f1 I want Alonso winning a title against max somehow and see how toxic it would become. I'm not even a fan of either

That wouldn't happen, anyway. Alonso beating Max to the title, that is. Alonso is still an incredible driver, but age is not merely a number. Max is in his prime. RB needs a younger driver there, IMO. I like them both, personally.

Dont think it would particularly. Lewis and George are more toxic fighting for 5th.

Alonso will never win a WC in a Red Bull, not while Max is there anyway.
Not taking anything away from either driver Max is just the better driver right now, even on a level playing field, I think Alonso would struggle to beat him.
Will Max beat Lewis’ a win records, yes I think he might, will be get 8 WC , now that Iam not sure about, yes he has the ability, but will he have the car to do it, next season yes already odds on favourite I would think, so that’s 4 WC, can Red Bull produce a car to keep him top for the next 5 seasons ? other teams are improving all the time, I can see him easy getting 5 or 6 and then maybe stalling, a bit like Lewis for his 8th.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/24326646/red-bull-rules-signing-fernando-alonso-causes-chaos

https://racingnews365.com/marko-points-to-alonso-rumors-switch-red-bull-may-have-spread-themselves

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f...h-too-political-helmut-marko-4464114/4464114/

There are more.
He has a good relatioship with Max because there is no compeition between their cars. No guarantee it will last if you put them in the same car.

They also know he is a dangerous opponent that will take points away from Max in a season long championship. The fans deserve it and it will bring back worldwide interest into F1 but unfortunately the people that make those decisions dont have any reason to.
From the team leadership's perspective that makes sense and goes along with what I was saying. Nando brings a circus with him, not unlike Carlos - who obviously was released from RB and the long standing rumor is that it had a lot to do with what Marko and Horner criticized Nando for. They also have seen in his first stint at McLaren and probably realized that's not what they need in the team. One of the best drivers of all time without a doubt, but putting him next to another demanding driver like Lewis or Max just seems more of a headache than it's worth from a team's perspective.

I don't think what you said is fair about Max and Nando. Max expressed his admiration for him well before 21. Similarly Nando has called him the driver he appreciates the most before Max ever won a WDC. Could that relationship sour if they had a battle? Sure. But point being that they dont share love for one another just because one is so far ahead of the other.

That wouldn't happen, anyway. Alonso beating Max to the title, that is. Alonso is still an incredible driver, but age is not merely a number. Max is in his prime. RB needs a younger driver there, IMO. I like them both, personally.
Alonso could potentially beat Max over a season. Likewise Max beating Alonso. Its almost impossible to know without them being in the same car. Max maybe in his prime, but Alonso is wily as the wily-est of foxes. Regardless it would a incredible watch.

Alonso along with Hamilton is the greatest driver of his generation. He should have more WDC's but joins the wrong team at the wrong time. I want alonso to win another title.

Alonso could potentially beat Max over a season. Likewise Max beating Alonso. Its almost impossible to know without them being in the same car. Max maybe in his prime, but Alonso is wily as the wily-est of foxes. Regardless it would a incredible watch.

Alonso along with Hamilton is the greatest driver of his generation. He should have more WDC's but joins the wrong team at the wrong time. I want alonso to win another title.
Alonso might beat Max , even if not purely on technical level he could get into his head. Max is in a simply lovely place currently but we've not seen him really challenged since 2021. Or maybe early 22 season when Ferrari didn't manage to screw up in the first races. We'd be able to see if he has matured but sadly I don't see it ever happening (Alonso in RB)

I love Alonso! So awesome seeing him yesterday use every bit of guile, class, and experience to keep the much faster car behind him, and then pipping him right at the end. The man is so good, and just a great guy.

And yeah, obviously we don't know for sure. But I'm still very confident in saying he won't beat him over the course of a full season. I just don't see it. I know you're not the biggest fan of Max (you do give him credit, I'm not saying you don't) but for me he is easily one of the best drivers in the history of the sport and he's in his prime. He would beat Alonso in this RB, IMO.

However, it would be an epic battle, because i can guarantee you that Max would not be breaking any of these records if Alonso was alongside him. We also wouldn't see any of these crazy comebacks from Max where he's down the grid. That's where a teammate like Alonso would punish him. Any mistake would be critical.

I love Alonso! So awesome seeing him yesterday use every bit of guile, class, and experience to keep the much faster car behind him, and then pipping him right at the end. The man is so good, and just a great guy.

And yeah, obviously we don't know for sure. But I'm still very confident in saying he won't beat him over the course of a full season. I just don't see it. I know you're not the biggest fan of Max (you do give him credit, I'm not saying you don't) but for me he is easily one of the best drivers in the history of the sport and he's in his prime. He would beat Alonso in this RB, IMO.

However, it would be an epic battle, because i can guarantee you that Max would not be breaking any of these records if Alonso was alongside him. We also wouldn't see any of these crazy comebacks from Max where he's down the grid. That's where a teammate like Alonso would punish him. Any mistake would be critical.
Max currently is the best driver of his generation no doubt. My only criticism of him (and its not his fault), is that other than 2021, he doesnt have any title battles to speak of. Thats why he reminds me of a young vettel. Who everyone would wax lyrically about and was going to smash schmachers WDC record and then some.

I want to see max pushed to the absolute limit, physically, mentally and emotionally. Thats the only way we will see his ceiling as a driver, even his biggest fans should want that. We wont see any of that while he drives off in the distance without conpetition (again not his fault).

I'm so old i remember seeing Senna. Prost, Mansell, Schamcher, Hamilton, Alonso beimg pushed to the limits in titanic championship battles. If we dont get to see that with max in his career then its a loss for everyone who loves the sport.

Horner said earlier this season (about perez), that he couldnt beat max on pace. The only way he could beat him was to punish 100% any slipups from max and his side of the garage. Be that grid drops or parts penalities. Plus having his side of the garage implement race strategy better than maxs side of the garage.

Perez obviously cant do that. Alonso could as you said. You could also see alonso being the cunning, manipulative driver he is, turn the screw and turn the RB pit garage into a pressure cooker. It could become peak Roseberg/Hamiltom or Prost/Senna or Pironi/Villeneuve. It would be box office to watch.

If not Alonso, then i hope RB somehow even by accident, luck into getting the other best driver of max's generation into the other seat next to him. So we can see them go toe to toe in epic championship battles. Who that driver is i have no idea. There are many pretenders but no one stands out to rival max. The best of the best of the previous generation will be gone soon (hamilton and alonso). We were robbed by fate of schmacher v senna. I hope we get a proper titile battle of max v hamilton or alonso before they retire.

I know it'll never happen unfortunately but do you think the RB would suit Alonso's driving style or would even he struggle?

Max currently is the best driver of his generation no doubt. My only criticism of him (and its not his fault), is that other than 2021, he doesnt have any title battles to speak of. Thats why he reminds me of a young vettel. Who everyone would wax lyrically about and was going to smash schmachers WDC record and then some.

I want to see max pushed to the absolute limit, physically, mentally and emotionally. Thats the only way we will see his ceiling as a driver, even his biggest fans should want that. We wont see any of that while he drives off in the distance without conpetition (again not his fault).

I'm so old i remember seeing Senna. Prost, Mansell, Schamcher, Hamilton, Alonso beimg pushed to the limits in titanic championship battles. If we dont get to see that with max in his career then its a loss for everyone who loves the sport.

Horner said earlier this season (about perez), that he couldnt beat max on pace. The only way he could beat him was to punish 100% any slipups from max and his side of the garage. Be that grid drops or parts penalities. Plus having his side of the garage implement race strategy better than maxs side of the garage.

Perez obviously cant do that. Alonso could as you said. You could also see alonso being the cunning, manipulative driver he is, turn the screw and turn the RB pit garage into a pressure cooker. It could become peak Roseberg/Hamiltom or Prost/Senna or Pironi/Villeneuve. It would be box office to watch.

If not Alonso, then i hope RB somehow even by accident, luck into getting the other best driver of max's generation into the other seat next to him. So we can see them go toe to toe in epic championship battles. Who that driver is i have no idea. There are many pretenders but no one stands out to rival max. The best of the best of the previous generation will be gone soon (hamilton and alonso). We were robbed by fate of schmacher v senna. I hope we get a proper titile battle of max v hamilton or alonso before they retire.

Oh I agree about the competition. I've always said it. I would love to see him pushed, because that's where he's really at his best for me. Like all great drivers. Just love to see him, in a race, pit stops done, and he comes out about 3 seconds behind his rival. And just watch the pure spectacle of him chasing that rival down. Maybe he'll catch him, maybe he won't. Kind of irrelevant really. The fact that he would be in that position is an exciting prospect for me.

I think they should go for someone younger. Lando, Piastri, Leclerc. Someone like that. Obviously, they don't necessarily have to go to RB, of course. Just need their respective teams to sort their shit out.

I know it'll never happen unfortunately but do you think the RB would suit Alonso's driving style or would even he struggle?
"..Formula 1 drivers, such as Fernando Alonso, prefer a slight understeer balance in their cars because it allows for better control, higher speeds, and faster acceleration, despite the disadvantage of instability under braking.

Alonso's adaptability is evident in his ability to win races even with cars that have terrible understeer or a lot of oversteer...."

Its a good question, that RB is so good in the corners and so planted that maybe he would excel.

Theres a part of me that still thinks he will win another title. Just out of persistence. And also he isnt the type of driver that you want to be facing in a long season duel because ultimately points are on Sunday and on Sundays his knowhow and expertise get the job done.

El Plan all the way, but it wont be in a Red Bull for sure.

"..Formula 1 drivers, such as Fernando Alonso, prefer a slight understeer balance in their cars because it allows for better control, higher speeds, and faster acceleration, despite the disadvantage of instability under braking.

Alonso's adaptability is evident in his ability to win races even with cars that have terrible understeer or a lot of oversteer...."

Its a good question, that RB is so good in the corners and so planted that maybe he would excel.

The RB19 is very pointy at the front end so those that love a car that oversteers, like Verstappen, will enjoy it. Whilst I think drivers like Alonso would find and adapt to any car on the grid, the lack of understeer in the RB19 is probably the main reason why Perez has struggled so much. The car probably has gone through the usual weight saving process in the season to make the front end even snappier.

Based on not much more than a hunch I don’t think Norris would suit the Red Bull car.