EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They're really lining up the obnoxious cnuts to cheer on this shitshow. Well done Leave voters, you've made some of our most unpleasant public figures extremely happy.

They're really lining up the obnoxious cnuts to cheer on this shitshow. Well done Leave voters, you've made some of our most unpleasant public figures extremely happy.

this is the most alarming long term fall out of this: Right wing scum being given validity and a platform from which to spout their myopic views.

It's all very close. I have a gut feeling that we will leave, though.

What's most disconcerting is the undeniable shift towards the right in this country. Worrying stuff.

I'm just wondering why they are actually agreeing on something

London is strongly Labour with a lot of immigrants and is strongly multi-cultural. Scotland is strongly SNP, and against anti-EU parties.

Well Worcester decided to leave, not shocked after speaking to my friends here. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cheltenham where I voted do the same.

Think the vote is bad for Remain. Regardless of how you look at it, even if Remain wins. Half the population want to quit the EU. It's a ridiculous tough balancing act.

Both sides politicians are saying that they have to try and 'understand' people's concerns., but how often dos that actually materialise? This is why i think that Brexit could shake up the present system. Following the expenses scandal there was much talk of independents standing for office, this time it might happen.

Leave constantly 2-6% higher than expected in every region, we're fecked lads. A slow agonising victory for Brexiters.

This is going to go down to the last village isn't it? How much longer will it likely go on for?

If leave win we will need to start thinking about restructuring institutions from tomorrow.
START thinking.
OMFG.

John Curtice's hedging the only thing giving my any semblance of hope right now.

Not sure the gains in Liverpool, Birmingham, Scotland, Manchester and London will be enough. Particularly if there's a lower than expected turnout in those areas.

Again , not clued up but can you explain this ? Majority of Scotland hates London so why are they teaming up somewhat ?

Scots are hugely big remainers and been pro europe a long time.

London is due to a being a financial centre and is more affluent.

Both sides politicians are saying that they have to try and 'understand' people's concerns., but how often dos that actually materialise? This is why i think that Brexit could shake up the present system. Following the expenses scandal there was much talk of independents standing for office, this time it might happen.

How is that going to happen when all Brexit will do is hand power to Tories like Boris Johnson and Michael Gove?:lol:

Brexit won't shake up the system. It'll just give more legitimacy to a different breed of Tories.

Labour 100% have to push for some form of PR in the run up to 2020.