EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Media organizations all but calling it. Leave now have an unassailable lead.

I'm surprised, it's a student city.

I guess, but a lot of them also aren't here at the moment and I reckon probably registered at home. It was close, but there simply are a lot of people around here that just don't like brown people and Eastern Europeans, the amount of racism towards them around here is mental.

My local town Rochdale on 60.1% leave great stuff!:D

I guess, but a lot of them also aren't here at the moment and I reckon probably registered at home. It was close, but there simply are a lot of people around here that just don't like brown people and Eastern Europeans, the amount of racism towards them around here is mental.

I grew up in the West Midlands very near to Worcester so yeah. Sad to say there is a big racist issue.

700, 000 Brummies is a LOT of vote in these circumstances, if they could produce a BIG one for REMAIN.

The LEAVE got proper hardcore support even where they're losing, nearly always 40%-ish. Then they win repeatedly with a 65%. :(

Watford votes to LEAVE
Watford voting to Leave - even by just 0.6 percent - is very surprising. It's close to London, more than four in ten are University educated and under 25s outnumber over 65s two to one.

That knocks what or two theories on the head.
Hope that guy Leicester wants leaves them

It seems the leave areas are winning by 15-20k (about 6 or 7 in a row) with a few remain wins (by 1k). Then theres a big one for remain by about 30-40k people.
Then thats cancelled out by the leave getting the four or five wins...

Im utterly astonished this is sooooo close. Flabbeghasted. And crapping myself off the ramifications of LEAVE.

Shedloads of endless debate and accounting/legal babble for many years.

Whatever happens, the politico's and opinion formers are WAY OUT OF TOUCH in terms of what their electorate want.

Think this is the point where Leave lead starts to become insurmountable. Still around 240 to declare but not looking great.

With 240 to declare why would it be considered even remotely insurmountable ?

How is that going to happen when all Brexit will do is hand power to Tories like Boris Johnson and Michael Gove?:lol:

Brexit won't shake up the system. It'll just give more legitimacy to a different breed of Tories.

This goes beyond a few personalities though. Labour can't slumber through its detachment from the working class forever; whilst the Tories are fuelling their own rebellion in rural areas, and have a consistently declining membership.

Boris might end up the champion of Leave, however more actions like that letter could see him consigned to the establishment once more.

talk about strange bedfellows.

There is no simple Right or Left in this.

Yep, you've got typically left-wing, Labour working class areas voting Leave, and a lot more affluent areas going remain. Big mixture here.

Most of Yorkshire and Humberside yet to declare, Can't see a way back for remain because those areas will be as strong against as the North East.

Finding it very hard to listen to Jacob Rees-Mogg on BBC right now. His nasal condescending drone makes me want to break things.

this guy says "there wont be a recession as a result of the brexit" its bull, he avoided answering the question

To whom do I send the bill for the money my retirement account will lose thanks to the British people being knobs? In dollars.

Wolverhampton is a surprise.

Pretty stunned this is seemingly, actually happening.

With 240 to declare why would it be considered even remotely insurmountable ?
Just the general trend amongst everything that has been declared so far. Leave doing well in Wales, some regions which were expected to be Remain only got it by a few hundred votes like Newcastle.

Leave 260k ahead. 51.2:48.8 and 160/382 declared.

When is Birmingham expected to declare?