EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's victim mentality. Blame an easy target.

Some are genuinely voting for leave with intelligible reasoning, even if I disagree with those reasons. However many are just flatly racist. They don't even know or believe they are racist but their arguments (or fears in actuality) are very much so. Most don't have a clue when you press them. It's disheartening.
i think their are as many people on both sides who don't have a clue, ive had some stupid debates with people from both sides. yeah sadly thier is some racists, but sorry i don't belive anywhere near half the population is racist...

but lets be honest we've had a campaign where the main arguments have been economy and immigration, and a lot of well off people have been asking a lot of poor people to vote to protect an economy that isn't working for them. im shocked we didnt see this coming!

Yeah, don't get it either.

It's by no means a definite, but based on those that have declared so far Leave have clearly pulled out a lead. This isn't currently reflected in the raw numbers, but I'd expect them to gradually pull ahead based on the current trend as the night goes on.

Those voting leave are going to have a rude awakening when the so called 'immigration' issue gets swept under the rug. By that I mean when the UK has to accept freedom of movement to make their trade deals. Idiots.

Just the general trend amongst everything that has been declared so far. Leave doing well in Wales, some regions which were expected to be Remain only got it by a few hundred votes like Newcastle.

Leave 260k ahead. 51.2:48.8 and 160/382 declared.

When is Birmingham expected to declare?
They said around 3 hours ago.

You can now get 3.25 on us staying, according to betfair.

I'm heading to bed after Brum comes in.

the biggest joke for me is, the bulk of the immigration isnt inside of the EU, its outside of the EU.

The immigration from witihn the EU was lower than 100k, the rest were from non-eu countries so not in attribution the free movement laws.

Leave voters are going to find out that immigration numbers will still be sky high.

Really annoys me how uneducated these votes are against the EU because of immigration, the Leave party completely avoided the question RE immigration.

Democracy is fun but stressful, it's much more relaxing in 3rd world countries, we don't get to make any decisions.

Even central london isn't doing as great as thought, it's over.

Goodbye EU.

Oh I know, I just mean that I'm still sitting with him and the TV, but the words that they're saying aren't making an impact in my brain. Gonna have to call it a night soon.

I'm off now, luckily I have a lunchtime start but I think it's just going to slowly get worse and worse.

Makes me laugh how many remain voters are convinced us Leave voters are just voting because we're idiots and racist or whatever you want to come up with. Regarding immigration I think people who aren't European should have just as much chance as Europeans regarding coming to Britain. I'm not so certain that makes me racist.

The Sheffield result was supposedly indicative of the final result (projections suggested 48:52 for remain). Result is depressing.

Makes me laugh how many remain voters are convinced us Leave voters are just voting because we're idiots and racist or whatever you want to come up with. Regarding immigration I think people who aren't European should have just as much chance as Europeans regarding coming to Britain. I'm not so certain that makes me racist.

The point is a lot of immigrants that came to the UK last year were mostly non-eu so its not due to EU law.

They do...they quite literally come to Britain in similar numbers as non-Europeans.