EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

As a Manchester United supporter, the first time I've had pride over Liverpool.

Irrespective of what the result of this vote is, both the Conservative and Labour parties have some serious internal questions to answer.

it seems to be unanimous from both leave and stay that people who are already here have every right to stay if they want, no one sensible anywhere is saying people will be booted out
Will that extend to their desires to extend their stay? I mean, one of my closest friends is looking to do a three year degree in London. That'll be largely useless for him if he's subsequently sent back home, once he's done.

Irrespective of what the result of this vote is, both the Conservative and Labour parties have some serious internal questions to answer.

Yeah. Namely, "What's the point in our existence?", and "What's the cheapest way to disband?"

Serious question because I'm clueless.

After the referendum does it then have to go through a vote in parliament? Could the House of Lords say "get to feck you bunch of twunts we are staying"? How does it work?

Five times, five times!

Good job, Liverpool - You actually won something.

After the referendum does it then have to go through a vote in parliament? Could the House of Lords say "get to feck you bunch of twunts we are staying"? How does it work?

Pretty sure the decision is final. Although apparently it will take about 2 years to negotiate out of the EU.

Referendum isn't legally binding from what I've heard but disobeying the results would be political suicide. Doesn't go through a parliament vote.

Technically there is no legal requirement for the referendum to be acted on.

The biggest issue for me is, with all these Leave votes means it'll break up the UK under Brexit. there will be a lot of resentment.
The Union is finished imo. Scotland will inevitably want out. Soon Wales will soon start fancying it. You can't justify quitting the EU totally if 50% of people vote to stay in. Any acceptance of free movement which is inevitable will drive the other 50% to the right.
All this because Cameron had to win the last election. But to be fair, it's been coming for a long time. England is very different to Scotland and Englad itself is divided.

It is accepted custom that they honour the result of a referendum and the spirit in which it was intended.

I believe it does but that's not going to happen for obvious reasons

Pretty sure the decision is final. Although apparently it will take about 2 years to negotiate out of the EU.

It's not actually binding, but there's no way they'll back out. Shame really.