EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Damien great coverage. I think leaving would have disastrous effects on the UK, but hope they make the right decision one way or the other

Tight in belfast east. Was this expected? I thought we'd see big wins in NI

Amazing how people believe their low wages is down to the EU and not their own bloody government.

1st flight: How it felt going in to the results
2nd flight: How it feels now

c2GpFuB.gif

Tight in belfast east. Was this expected? I thought we'd see big wins in NI

It's going more or less as expected I think. Leave edging it in Unionist areas, Remain winning big in Nationalist areas. Adds up to a Remain overall.

Thoroughly depressing so I'm going to bed. Stellar work @Damien, much appreciated.
It's more of a perception than an exact science, and to be quite honest, often largely an age thing. Something the overwhelmingly youth orientated social and televisual medias are ill equipped to convey accurately..

It's something that will continue to increase as a phenomena in such a rapidly expanding and ageing population. There's a genuine argument to be made about whether voting should have a cut off age. When the old outnumber the young, is it still fair to let them sway decisions they'll never see the consequences of?

I was arguing this at the pub last night and got unanimously shouted down, it didn't help that all but one of them were pensioners I suppose.

Serious question from a worrier... if we vote to leave will my friends who have been here for over two years get to stay?

Even Farage has said people that are already here wouldn't be kicked out. Whether the economy means it actually viable for your friends to stay.. that's another matter.

lots of roughly 67% leaves coming through not too high figures but still...

This is like watching a 50 over ODI cricket match!

Good fun so far but needs to quicken the run rate

Great 10minutes for Remain. Why am I still awake.

Tell me about it, I made it to bed but now I'm just following on phone instead of TV...
Baby steps

NI doesn't look too promising either.
Dup said leave, unfortunately that means leave for a fair few, shame on Arlean, she was in charge of EU funding for invest Ni, she knows exactly how well we benefit from being part of it

Thoroughly depressing so I'm going to bed. Stellar work @Damien, much appreciated.

I was arguing this at the pub last night and got unanimously shouted down, it didn't help that all but one of them were pensioners I suppose.

It does generally make a mockery of the notion that the extremely elderly have a voice whereas younger people under 18 who are probably just as informed and indeed probably have better mental capacities have no voice.

I'm not sure I can take this. If it happens. My sister's pre-pregnancy policy of non-violent resistance is starting to feel necessary.

That letter supporting Cameron will not be worth the paper it's written on, 'the political landscape has changed.... someone will say quite soon.

Or it'll be a temporary FIX as a shore-up against complete chaos,

A lot of the Tories will still want to stop Boris or Friend of Borts grabbing the leadership at all costs.

How is the pound doing at the moment? Were there any spikes for the London results?