EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Serious question from a worrier... if we vote to leave will my friends who have been here for over two years get to stay?

All i can say with certainty is that they'll be here throughout the negotiating process, which could be two years or longer. The rest will depend upon the deal reached, but i don't think we are going to be doing mass deportations (particularly if they are skilled or in long standing employment).

Massive that McDonnell is saying Labour are "going to look at free movement of Labour".

Once again though, "we've failed to get our message across effectively".

All i can say with certainty is that they'll be here throughout the negotiating process, which could be two years or longer. The rest will depend upon the deal reached, but i don't think we are going to be doing mass deportations (particularly if they are skilled or in long standing employment).

Arguably they wouldn't.

It depends on the way we go about it. We can, and probably will, enact article 50 of the Lisbon treaty.

But we don't have to, we could revoke the European Communities Act instead and their right to stay evaporates.

Looking bad. It doesn't really affect me personally but have alot of good friends in the Uk bricking it now

I feel like they are revealing the results on a specific region by region basis to keep it exciting like in Eurovision. How else could it be 50.01/49.99 with 2.7m votes counted.

The biggest issue for me is, with all these Leave votes means it'll break up the UK under Brexit. there will be a lot of resentment.

Serious question from a worrier... if we vote to leave will my friends who have been here for over two years get to stay?
it seems to be unanimous from both leave and stay that people who are already here have every right to stay if they want, no one sensible anywhere is saying people will be booted out

As someone who voted leave I didn't think it would be this close, I was expecting a big remain landslide win. Watching two numbers rise shouldn't be interesting enough to stay up until 3 am...

Arguably they wouldn't.

It depends on the way we go about it. We can, and probably will, enact article 50 of the Lisbon treaty.

But we don't have to, we could revoke the European Communities Act instead and their right to stay evaporates.

Many MPs would only be implementing a Leave mandate with reluctance, so even if it weren't wrong in a practical sense, they're not going to go with the last option.

London based REMAIN (Establishment) over confidence getting a kick in the bollocks anyway. That's good, innit?

The biggest issue for me is, with all these Leave votes means it'll break up the UK under Brexit. there will be a lot of resentment.
Resentment towards whom?

Tradional non white immigrants, newer white immigrants or just the 'authorities'?