Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho clearly has issues. We have never seen anything at United that is remotely close to the player Dortmund had.

The signs were there too. Was always awful for England.

On the plus side, we won't see Sancho is a United shirt for a long time. Hopefully Facu can take whatever chances he gets. Amad too.

If his name was Jose Mourinho and not ETH you'd have a bunch of apologists for Sancho here, claiming how the manager is toxic or what not.

Sancho is gone. Either that or ETH gets the sack. We all know the latter won’t happen and for good reason.

And that's the problem. Normally he wouldn't, most managers wouldn't. Usually he/ they keep it behind closed doors.

I remember Jose doing this and nobody liked it. Now it's ETH they think it's the right things thing to do.
Spent all last season protecting him. Sancho has never delivered for United and has been questioned before about his desire or professionalism at City and Dortmund. Grave doubts about whether he can handle being a top level player.

That's it for me, and if I am ETH that should be enough is enough, and I hope the club fully support him. Sancho has done sweet f*** all since he has been there, was given space and time when he had his 'problems' and now look.

Let him rot with the reserves. Manchester United have had many, many, many players who are a million times the player Sancho is, and they have never acted, or reacted like this to internal matters.

Sancho plays for ETH. It isn't the other way around.

In fairness to Sancho, ETH made it a public matter

What a massive disappointment Sancho has been. Seems very thin skinned as well. You look at the response of the likes of Rashford and Shaw, and then compare that to Sancho.

I really wanted Sancho to do well here but it seems like he just isn’t up to United standard.

Back the manager !

Sir Alex Ferguson - "The minute a Manchester United player thought he was bigger than the manager, he had to go."

Sancho has been here two season had three different managers and they have all rated him the same. If you don't respect the manager then go simple as that.

I will put out this tweets here and won't comment more on Sancho.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
And that's the problem. Normally he wouldn't, most managers wouldn't. Usually he/ they keep it behind closed doors.

I remember Jose doing this and nobody liked it. Now it's ETH they think it's the right things thing to do.

But he would.

I mean, he did.

Same thing happened with Rashford.
Wasn't in the team.
Reporters asked why? He said because he was internally disciplined.

Also publicly punished Garnacho for "not at his best at the beginning of the season.".

So this isn't something he hasn't done before.

He doesn't berate them or insult them in public.
Man tells it like it is.

If his name was Jose Mourinho and not ETH you'd have a bunch of apologists for Sancho here, claiming how the manager is toxic or what not.

That's exactly what's happening in this thread. How do you think we reached 21 pages in 12 hours, by everyone agreeing with each other?

To be fair he has said that the players need to train everyday at the top level to get into his side.
This is simply the result of that. He didn’t even blame attitude etc, just that he wasn’t good enough in training to play.
Imo it’s fair enough

Sancho still thinks he is training well and there is no issue with himself? We can all see his performance clearly on the field and it sux.

Hope ETH coming out in public finally catches his attention. He is up there with Martial as players that need to be shipped out urgently.

Personally think that ETH will speak with Sancho and clear things up.

I think with the Dele situation we need to be a little cautious before putting players or managers on blast but at the same time it can't really be ignored that with Sancho (and in our case with Gray) both players have histories with being poor in training or discipline. In our case with Dyche we have a manager who has been heralded by players in terms of his man management but I suppose with EtH you did have the Ronaldo situation.

It is a strange statement by Sancho though and I do wonder if it is targeted in multiple directions - the press for characterising him as such, the manager for speaking out in this way and perhaps even the fanbase.

Would be surprised if we didn't hear more about this in the next few weeks about exactly what he's referring to.

Overlap interview anyone?

Mourinho blamed everyone else but himself when things went wrong and when things went well he praised himself constantly. EtH is nothing like Mourinho so the comparison is illogical.

But he would.

I mean, he did.

Same thing happened with Rashford.
Wasn't in the team.
Reporters asked why? He said because he was internally disciplined.

Also publicly punished Garnacho for "not at his best at the beginning of the season.".

So this isn't something he hasn't done before.

He doesn't berate them or insult them in public.
Man tells it like it is.

Spot on. Ten Hag has had a very clear line from day one.

Ten Hag publicly challenged Sancho to do better pretty much, but in probably the saddest choice of all, instead of taking it on the chin, and getting back to his job, the bloke/his team run to twitter. Truly pathetic, and not unfortunately a surprise by him.

Of course people are looking to use this as a way to turn on Ten Hag, the fury after the result yesterday was resulting in plenty of negativity towards him anyway.

He made it a public matter when he announced his squad based on merit and he wasn’t in it. Is that not allowed? He can then either lie when asked where he is - which seems like a silly idea - or he can answer no comment - which would result in endless baseless speculation considering this is a player who disappeared for 3 months last season. He answered it with one line saying he wasn’t picked because others were better in training and we have different options. That’s it. Sancho then decided to release a statement of victimhood denying he wasn’t good enough in training to get picked (well your manager just said you weren’t so you weren’t) and talking about being a scapegoat. He’s completely out of order and the episode sums up perfectly why a player so talented was left at home by Pep, no longer gets in the England squad and looks extremely unlikely to make it at Manchester United - his mentality is lacking which explains why he plays with all the intensity of a lettuce.

Sancho doesn't care if he is benched or dropped as still gets his wage.

He has never showed any aggression or hunger here, just doesn't have it in him. Hasn't got the physical abilities for the Premier league.

Another flop in a long line of wasteful transfers.

There's no way he'd go to the Saudi league at 23 years old.

There'd be a dozen clubs in Europe who would be desperate for him if he left and could pay him a big wage.
The window is closed for almost all clubs. Saudi is still open, given Jadon's comments I imagine ETH wants rid asap. Saudi will pay his wages and give us a decent fee. Given his form since he's been here, I don't see any elite clubs going near him.

All this fuss over Sancho, an absolute nothing player in the context of this club.

As for the Sancho vs Antony debate, it reminds me a bit of Fergie consistently opting for Valencia over Nani during his last couple of seasons, a decision that left many on here scratching our heads. Obviously both Nani and Valencia showed far more for us than Sancho or Antony have, but in each case the manager had a clear preference for the more tactically disciplined and hard-working player over the more mercurial talent.

Also worth noting that Ferguson very publicly and explicitly blamed Nani for getting us knocked out of the League Cup at Chelsea in his final season.

Maybe Ten Hag was 10% more blunt than necessary, but that's the Dutch for you. In essence, what else was he supposed to say?! Sancho is a fully fit, young-ish attacker who's also one of our top earners, and he's not even making the bench for an important PL game. There are only two logical conclusions here: something happened behind the scenes or he's not good enough. I find the latter to be true in these instances more often than not. Ten Hag also has a history of being honest if it's an isolated incident (Rashford being late for instance), so I see no reason for why he would lie this time.

You'd think the way to react to your manager saying you've not been good in training, is to train better in the two weeks when there's less people around so you've shown you care/want to play.

Or you know, go whinge about it on Instagram.

This probably happens a couple of weeks ago if Hojlund was fit. Sancho in the match day squad has been a necessity up until this point.

Comparing this to Jose’s tactics is nonsense, too. Jose would go out of his way to do stuff like this, Erik was just answering a question.

Maybe Ten Hag was 10% more blunt than necessary, but that's the Dutch for you. In essence, what else was he supposed to say?! Sancho is a fully fit, young-ish attacker who's also one of our top earners, and he's not even making the bench for an important PL game. There are only two logical conclusions here: something happened behind the scenes or he's not good enough. I find the latter to be true in these instances more often than not. Ten Hag also has a history of being honest if it's an isolated incident (Rashford being late for instance), so I see no reason for why he would lie this time.

Perhaps, but equally I don't think it's a given Sancho finds himself in a situation where a club is as protective and considerate as we (under EtH's instruction, presumably) were last year. He was given 3-months off to sort out whatever he was going through/get fit, and there's been minimal - at best - improvement from him on the pitch.

We must absolutely back the manager on this one. We clearly have brought in some poor characters at extremely high costs in recent years. We need to gut the club of them, and it's now evident which camp Sancho falls in. Another embarrassing saga for a club, and further evidence of how poorly run we are from the very top.

They should have kept this in house. Going public never ends well for the manager or player and with Sancho now making a statement this will rumble on and be another distraction. I’m afraid we might be seeing Ten Hag start to crack under the pressure realising what a joke of a club he has come to at this moment. Hoping we can turn this around but everything about united at the moment is a mess at every level from the biggest issue The Glazers down. They have to go and a complete restructure of the board, scouting, medical, and coaching staff is required.

Ten Hag doesn't really say a lot wrong there. Someone being left out because their training level hasn't been good enough this week doesn't look great but it's also not a huge deal, it no doubt happens all the time at clubs and is forgotten about the week after. But considering it's United and we're heading into an international break where the media have nothing to talk about for 2 weeks, it's probably not the most sensible thing for him to do.

Sancho's response is poor though. If you've had this problem at previous clubs and with England it might just suggest it's not you being made a scapegoat. Accept the criticism and work harder, it's not difficult. I'd like to think he might use this as motivation to improve his performances but we'll see.

Which begs the question- what the feck were our scouts doing recommending someone of such weak mentality for £70 odd million and £350k a week?

I think the step up in demands and expectations from Dortmund to United is more than people realise.

But yeah we've dropped the ball again and I wonder how many more times we will make these mistakes.

I think the step up in demands and expectations from Dortmund to United is more than people realise.

But yeah we've dropped the ball again and I wonder how many more times we will make these mistakes.

We've signed all the shit Dortmund talents and passed on all the good ones with a near 100 percent record.

Normally I'd say you can't get near that level of perfection without actually aiming for it, but we're Man Utd. Meme is our middle name :lol:

Sancho doesn't care if he is benched or dropped as still gets his wage.

He has never showed any aggression or hunger here, just doesn't have it in him. Hasn't got the physical abilities for the Premier league.

Another flop in a long line of wasteful transfers.

I'm going to disagree here and say he doesn't have the will

Status
Not open for further replies.