Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another injury time loss, imagine my shock. It's no coincidence this happens over and over under this manager.

Should start Maguire, Mount, Mctominay and Rashford in attack next match. Great decision making as always from ETH.

Yes 2 offside goals where unlucky... but the decision making throughout the match was not unlucky, just horrid.

50 % wanted to keep him after finishing 8th and bottom of the CL group. Half the fanbase. Let that sink in.

Bad substitutions, pressure will build on him very, very quickly.

Just cannot believe we have to endure another season of this abject shite because Ineos capitulated after the FA Cup win.

It never made any sense after the season we had endured. He had to start well this season and he hasn't. Hopefully they pull the trigger quickly or we're absolutely fecked.

Tick tock Erik. First half was ok but that second half was absolutely terrible from a coaching perspective apart from the Ole ball for the disallowed goal.

I said United would start poorly on the basis of pre-season no surprise with the result.

Some of the more optimistic folk will say improved performance but we are talking about a manger approaching 36 months in charge.

There's nothing consistent about Erik as a manager, if we lose more than 2 games within the opening 10 this season my support for him is done.

Will be ridiculous if this clown finishes another season until it becomes mathematically impossible to get top4. He should have been gone last season. Out of his depth Pep Guardiola is my idol.

This thread is as rational as the last one it seems, we've been incredibly unlucky and let down by two really poor defensive errors.

I don't think he's a good football manager. I try to be positive but we have given him literally everything. Time, money, literal managers as assistants.

Any manager in the world would kill to be given what he has.

We still just look like such an average team. We still may scrape 4th place but that might actually do more harm than good.

When something happens over and over again you wonder whether it has to be something more than coincidence. The sheer number of 90+ minute goals we concede is a joke.

Watching that today, Mainoo was out on his feet from 60-mins. Casemiro was struggling, chugging about like an oil tanker....who does he sub....Bruno...the one player who always runs and never tires...to add to sub Mount, the other player who always runs and never tires, at HT.

I will also never get on-board with these in-game changes at CB. It''s horrific, no other club does it, and for good reason

Got beaten by a 32 year old manager. No style in 3 years. Why will I waste my time watching game after game? He should have been sacked.

50 % wanted to keep him after finishing 8th and bottom of the CL group. Half the fanbase. Let that sink in.
Yeah but the injuries. Now that we barely have any we finally see the three-year 500m project coming to fruition. Exciting times.

This is going nowhere, same stupid mistakes game after game. He won't end the season.

Subs and game management cost this game.

Taking off Bruno and Mount and losing the midfield battle with 2 legless players for the last 20 minutes.

Cup win screwed us royally

Not really, the sentimental fanbase wanted him to stay. Ineos obliged. Before the game, it was said the outcome would not be relevant. Then it started to turn and most fans wanted him to stay. Like Ole when he won against PSG.

He is a sitting duck. I don’t see him lasting beyond Christmas, and that too because Ineos would not want to look incompetent to sack him within 5 games after extending his contract. Him subbing Bruno while keeping on Casemeiro who was diabolical the whole game encompassed his managerial career with us so far.

Who is surprised by any of this though? I really want to get behind him, I want this to work but he is not good enough.

But here we are, same issues as last season, odd subs, no real in-game management. Even peak Messi is not fixing this

They say if you can't be a good manager be a lucky one... And I don't feel like he's particularly lucky?

A bit strange that he took of Mount and even stranger that he took of Bruno.

Caf is always begging for Bruno to be taken off, which should be a very clear indication that Bruno should not be taken off.

Can anyone defend him? Started without a striker when he didn't have to, played Rashford when he's been terrible for months, and starts Maguire when we have better CBs on the bench. But if I have a negative opinion on ETH they'll start a new thread and say this one has gotten out of hand.
Of course we can. He still hasn’t got his full squad yet. Once we have de Jong, Tagliafico, and Dusan Tadic, maybe then you can talk. For now, trust the process.

Another injury time loss, imagine my shock. It's no coincidence this happens over and over under this manager.

Nah it's all luck :rolleyes:

The team has a soft underbelly and he doesn't know how to address it.

This is what happens when our fickle fanbase forgets a whole season because of one FA cup win.

Never seen such an average manager get backed to the hilt, based on what? A carabao cup. Nice.

What's the point of winning the ball back with pressing if nobody can score? ETH is in over his head. If he brings his tactics to City with their players, he will lost the league. What did Mctominay and Antony do when they came in? Nothing!

If it happens once it's bad luck, if you keep losing in added time maybe it's because you are fecking useless at your job. His subs killed us, how do you take off both mount and bruno when you aren't winning the game.

I actually like De Ligt and Maz to be fair, but at least we didn’t hand him a new contract and just extended for a year.

Yeah I do too, at least if they stay fit.

And I dont think any of the players will shed tears if Ruud ends up managing them at some point this season.

Even though we aren't conceding 20+ shots a game we still don't look great defensively. We concede so many late goals.

A bit strange that he took of Mount and even stranger that he took of Bruno.

Caf is always begging for Bruno to be taken off, which should be a very clear indication that Bruno should not be taken off.
He should never be taken off if the replace is Scott fecking McTominay

The way he sets the team up, our midfield is gassed and overrun by the 70th minute. Our wingers create nothing and our strikers are usually starved of any chances. What the feck kind of system does he play?