Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think we're better than we were last season, but I doubt we'll be better by enough of a distance to get top 4.

I'm really worried by the squad we will be left with when Ten Hag leaves. I don't look at this squad and even remotely get the impression that a different manager could come in and get a tune out of them.
That’s pretty much it. We’re better but still not good enough.

It's the same people who were saying we would get top 4 this season. We're pound for pound worse than we were last year and Ten Hag has made us fundamentally worse in most areas, but you know, keep him and we'll finish 4th or something...

Yeah I mean I went through pages of arguments with Benito and co. who were so convinced that we just had a poor season due to injuries last year when it was quite obvious that personnel was only a part of the issue.

Didn't understand the Bruno and McT subs. Other than that, no complaints. Should have won.

Fine margins .

We look better than last season. Unlucky today that.

I wont even moan about the subs he brought off Rashford and Bruno so fair fecks to him

It only took 2 games for him to start losing again :lol:

Even until now I still don’t see what system he’s trying to implement
Just shows how horrible Fulham were, both numbers and eye test.

Liverpool will be fun

I have genuinely never seen a manager so creative in finding ways to lose:

2-0 up against Sevilla with 10 mins to go and draw 2-2. Lose the tie 3-0.

Score a late goal to win 2-1 against Arsenal which is ruled out and they go up the other end and score.

2-1 up against Galatasray with 15 to go and lose 3-2. Never recall a team doing that at Old Trafford.

2-0 up against Copenhagen on 43 mins and go in at half time 2-2. 3-2 up with 7 mins left and lose 4-3.

2-0 up against Galatasaray in a must win. 3-1 up. Draw 3-3.

2-0 up against Wolves. 3-1 up against Wolves. 96th minute Wolves make it 3-3.

3-2 up against Chelsea in the fecking 98th minute and lose 4-3. What the actual feck.

Last minute 96th winner against Brentford to win 1-0 yet they still equalise in the 99th minute.

3-0 up against Coventry and a toenail away from losing 4-3. Against Coventry. What the actual feck.

Last minute equalise against Fulham at OT. Going to win it in classic United fashion? No. Fulham go up and make it 2-1.

And now today. Most hilarious freak offside you’ll ever see to go 2-1 up. Completely capitulate and once again they score in ETH time.

Two games in a row the De Ligt for Maguire sub has done nothing but destabilize the team in the most critical period.

I have never seen any team sub out their CB for no reason at the 80th its so stupid and I don’t know what does it achieve

We look a lot more solid, silly mistakes on the two chances that were punished with easy finishes. I've seen us play worse than we did today and win a lot of those games.

They say if you can't be a good manager be a lucky one... And I don't feel like he's particularly lucky?

Well he's extremely lucky to still be in a job. So there's that.

I don't see it but I hope he makes the most of the opportunity.

Too many mistakes week after week. I am sick of this guy.
After 600 mil spend and 2 years in charge i expect attacking team who dominates at least middle table clubs.
Again we get cowardish approach " lets not concede until 70th minute and then we will go for it".

First half we had 4 shots and one chance. Second half we created two chances. Yes, we were unlucky with Garna goal but it would just mask our general problem which is our poor attacking play.

Special mention about this game; McT sub for Bruno while result is 1:1. Awful decision.

Two games in a row the De Ligt for Maguire sub has done nothing but destabilize the team in the most critical period.
The worst was Bruno for McTominay. Mainoo was gassed, leaving Casemiro wide open in midfield, mainoo should've been hooked for McTominay or Eriksen.

People mentioning how brilliant we were today. I felt we were 2nd best in most department and were comfortably closed down

Is everyone on a pisstake?

I have genuinely never seen a manager so creative in finding ways to lose:

2-0 up against Sevilla with 10 mins to go and draw 2-2. Lose the tie 3-0.

Score a late goal to win 2-1 against Arsenal which is ruled out and they go up the other end and score.

2-1 up against Galatasray with 15 to go and lose 3-2. Never recall a team doing that at Old Trafford.

2-0 up against Copenhagen on 43 mins and go in at half time 2-2. 3-2 up with 7 mins left and lose 4-3.

2-0 up against Galatasaray in a must win. 3-1 up. Draw 3-3.

2-0 up against Wolves. 3-1 up against Wolves. 96th minute Wolves make it 3-3.

3-2 up against Chelsea in the fecking 98th minute and lose 4-3. What the actual feck.

Last minute 96th winner against Brentford to win 1-0 yet they still equalise in the 99th minute.

3-0 up against Coventry and a toenail away from losing 4-3. Against Coventry. What the actual feck.

Last minute equalise against Fulham at OT. Going to win it in classic United fashion? No. Fulham go up and make it 2-1.

And now today. Most hilarious freak offside you’ll ever see to go 2-1 up. Completely capitulate and once again they score in ETH time.

Respectfully there are elements of where Erik is a semi decent manager but a good majority where he's rubbish.

Continually makes poor tactical decisions and even though he got the structure correct in the first half the personnel was wrong.

INEOS won't stand for it for long, he will be gone by Christmas...my question is, what do we do with RvN and the rest of the high-profile hires we have just made in our coaching staff when the new fella comes in?

He is the best manager, making his team run like headless chickens by pressing. Just look at the players body language late in 1st half and by late 2nd half, there was so much space for Brighton to attach in midfield. Everyone just gets ready for a wasted season and Ineos to sack after this season. Looks the City, Liverpool and Arsenal, they are putting teams away in the first half or early 2nd half then they coast to victory. For United, we struggle to score or go behind and team will attack us when our players are out of gas. Same things will repeat this season. Nothing will change with this manager.

Going to be another vary similar season to the last. Around zero goal difference I reckon

Feels like the inevitable playing out, at least if the plan is to replace him with RvN then maybe we won't have to go through another squad overhaul that doesn't get done properly.

People mentioning how brilliant we were today. I felt we were 2nd best in most department and were comfortably closed down

Is everyone on a pisstake?

"we were better than last season"

a comedic punchline

We look a lot more solid, silly mistakes on the two chances that were punished with easy finishes. I've seen us play worse than we did today and win a lot of those games.
Solid? Brighton could have scored 5 today. We got dominated.

Yeah I mean I went through pages of arguments with Benito and co. who were so convinced that we just had a poor season due to injuries last year when it was quite obvious that personnel was only a part of the issue.
100%. We had awful luck last season and EtHs management / personal contribution was also horrendous - both things can be true

The way he sets the team up, our midfield is gassed and overrun by the 70th minute. Our wingers create nothing and our strikers are usually starved of any chances. What the feck kind of system does he play?

Exactly and they're repeated failings but people fail to see indirect causes. It's early in the season so we'll see but I don't see lessons learned to be honest.

All I've seen so far is Mount playing instead of a striker produces a better press and makes us more solid. That's not a solution.

I do agree fine margins, but honestly, so many of our games are on a knife edge. Surely sooner or later you want games to be more controlled and comfortable? Tough place to go against a good team, but I just see a lot of little niggles we just don't seem to be able to shift.

INEOS won't stand for it for long, he will be gone by Christmas...my question is, what do we do with RvN and the rest of the high-profile hires we have just made in our coaching staff when the new fella comes in?
This one’s easy

I guess you're right... but my point in the rest of my post still stand. Horrid, horrid decision making(just like most of last season).

I agree. Today looked like your typical game from last season to me. Brighton are a mid table team. They had the best of it. Just already seeing people bemoan ‘luck’. We scored 2 offside goals that were correctly ruled out. Thats not luck in the age of VAR, we scored 1 goal today.