Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is a sitting duck. I don’t see him lasting beyond Christmas, and that too because Ineos would not want to look incompetent to sack him within 5 games after extending his contract. Him subbing Bruno while keeping on Casemeiro who was diabolical the whole game encompassed his managerial career with us so far.

Absolute head scratcher when we had a little momentum. He doesnt know what he is doing.

They say if you can't be a good manager be a lucky one... And I don't feel like he's particularly lucky?

Tbf all the underlying stats for the last 2 seasons suggest he's been extremely lucky.

That Garnacho disallowed goal was piss poor luck though.

Should start Maguire, Mount, Mctominay and Rashford in attack next match. Great decision making as always from ETH.

Yes 2 offside goals where unlucky... but the decision making throughout the match was not unlucky, just horrid.

I dont think offsides are unlucky anymore. VAR means if its offside its ruled out. Theres no more linesman error. Those ones you used to get where the linesman didnt spot the half yard dont go your way anymore

Feck Onana and feck our play from the back. We wasted so long passing around even when we were behind or trying to find winner. The football is too slow and predictable.

Nothing change. ETH should have been sacked.

I don’t understand why he wasn’t sacked last season.

He finished 8th, playing the worst football I have literally ever seen Utd play.

He isn’t magically going to become Pep suddenly. At max he’d finish 5th or 6th.

I'm just sick of the sight of him. Terrible subs and constantly making excuses when he is the best backed manager in the league. He won't last the season.

Gone by Christmas. Done some serious damage by importing half of the Netherlands before getting the boot mind

That's gonna cost us in the long run

People will blame the defence, and lack of control(which is all true, and still our main problem), but let's also not ignore that we had two shots on target. Did their keeper save anything today?

Another year, more money pumped in, same old story. I still don't understand what people see in Ten Hag that he is going to be our messiah.

He is absolutely shite. Can't organise the defense, no patterns in attack, and is poor at transfers (whatever his involvement, our squad is full of players associated with him).

Ineos bottled it after the final when it was clear that he wasn't up for the job. Reminiscent of us appointing Ole as a permanent manager after the PSG win. I hope they will get rid if the run of poor performances keeps going rather than giving up on the season.

I dont think offsides are unlucky anymore. VAR means if its offside its ruled out. Theres no more linesman error. Those ones you used to get where the linesman didnt spot the half yard dont go your way anymore
I guess you're right... but my point in the rest of my post still stand. Horrid, horrid decision making(just like most of last season).

This thread is as rational as the last one it seems, we've been incredibly unlucky and let down by two really poor defensive errors.

That works both ways. Welbeck also hit the bar and they also had a near goal that was cleared off the line. We were average at best today and with a result to prove it.

I don’t understand why he wasn’t sacked last season.

He finished 8th, playing the worst football I have literally ever seen Utd play.

He isn’t magically going to become Pep suddenly. At max he’d finish 5th or 6th.

Agreed. The levels of delusion around him are unbelievable. The first two games have just been more of the same from last season.

I don't want to get the knives out yet but I hope he is on a tight leash. We should've won today against a poor Brighton side but it seems it is the same old story again.

Feels like we delayed the inevitable with him. Like he’s an interim manager while everyone else settles. I fear that no matter how much we spend the true failings of this team will largely remain.

He's a great manager and we're lucky to have him. Once he gets his own team we'll be unstoppable.

50 % wanted to keep him after finishing 8th and bottom of the CL group. Half the fanbase. Let that sink in.
It's the same people who were saying we would get top 4 this season. We're pound for pound worse than we were last year and Ten Hag has made us fundamentally worse in most areas, but you know, keep him and we'll finish 4th or something...

I mean the Zirkzee offsides was objectively unlucky, because he slid going for the ball on a super wet pitch and it carried him basically into the goal where he couldn't avoid the ball.

But the point is we shouldn't be pointing to a single event as a reason for being unlucky when the opposition also hit the bar and had another shot cleared off the line as well.

Can’t wait to read: Unlucky, against the run of play, individual errors, injuries, structure, hard to be better than last year’s 11th placed team. Again.

When I saw the fixture list I thought we only get three points from the first three games and he’d be under pressure very quickly.

The team looks more organised than last season but that isn’t exactly difficult. We still look very ordinary going forward and lots of games are going to be decided by an odd goal one way or another.

I understand the rest of the subs on one level or another, but on what planet is bringing on Scott McTominay for Bruno Fernandes a good idea when trying to win a game?

Absolute head scratcher when we had a little momentum. He doesnt know what he is doing.
Almost seemed like he was trying to prove something, no idea what that was though. Taking off our most enigmatic player for a player we are actively looking to sell. You can only laugh at this point.

I think we're better than we were last season, but I doubt we'll be better by enough of a distance to get top 4.

I'm really worried by the squad we will be left with when Ten Hag leaves. I don't look at this squad and even remotely get the impression that a different manager could come in and get a tune out of them.

same old eth never change
We still stuck with this fraud

He's so bad I find it hard to criticise most of the players.

I think it's near impossible to look good with his bullshit system.

We can't forget "its a process" though.

Brighton play better than us and they have a new manager. Our manager have been here 3 years and spent more than half a billion already.

Going to be a long season again. The FA Cup win really fecked us.

It only took 2 games for him to start losing again :lol:

Even until now I still don’t see what system he’s trying to implement

Be patient lad
You would have wanted Fergie out lad
Back the manager he needs another decade

I'm not normally reactionary, I thought ETH would show his quality this season.

However his decision to continuously start rashford who we would swap in a heart beat with other teams second best wingers is starting to irritate me.

Subbing off both of our AMs in mount and bruno so Mctominay can come on while watching Mainoo look like he couldn't run from the 70th min onwards is getting extremely frustrating.

If he doesn't drop rashford start deligt, immediately start ugarte if we get him I'm into the sack side