Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lost 3/5 preseason games including defeats to Arsenal & Liverpool. Lost the charity shield to City (admittedly on penalties). Then scraped past a poor Fulham team with a late winner. Now losing to Brighton.

So not much has really changed. People are just seeing what they want to see. We still look like a team incapable of creating chances, scoring goals or regularly winning matches.
You honestly wonder how we can lash so much money out and still need 2 or 3 real game changers in attack.
We only have Hojlund out, you'd wonder if we had our 3 main attackers out from this display

A platoon of new players and assistants, but nothing has changed. I think we know where this is going.
I suggest Watch a game last season and watch the Fulham game and 45 mins today more closely .

We look way more solid than last season, but also incredibly boring. Our attacking play is just tragic. I don't think he'll be sacked and i expect results to be much better. But i really want to enjoy a united game and it's been a while.

We’re playing better but we don’t have enough goals in this squad. Hojlund is never going to be good enough imo (cue the meltdown) but the kid just doesn’t look like he’s a good finisher, Zirkzee isn’t a pure goal scorer either. So we’re going to struggle this season to finish chances.

It’s a shame because we look better in every other department.
Disagree on Hojlund. His first season as a starter for any team in one of the worst United sides in history - still scored 16 goals.

Also the way he strikes the ball indicates he is a good finisher, just timings/service will come with age.

The love in last weekend for Maguire was strong in here.

It was. He played well last game and was the better of the two CBs but Maguire is a limited player who always has a mistake in him. He made a small mistake last week that only caused a minor dangerous moment but today his mistake cost a goal.

If ETH kept Maguire in based on his game from last week while he knows de Ligt is a better player, ETH made a big mistake imo.

Does this guy not understand goals wins games? We've not been clinical all year, we bought Joshua but still lacking an experience goal scoring number 9

Bet he's thinking Rashford going to score a lot like 2 seasons ago - good luck with that

Disagree on Hojlund. His first season as a starter for any team in one of the worst United sides in history - still scored 16 goals.

Also the way he strikes the ball indicates he is a good finisher, just timings/service will come with age.
Exactly. Højlund is a good finisher. If he were playing today we’d have scored.

We don’t have a striker on the field and having Bruno up there isn’t working because he won’t stay up top.
Zirkcee warming up at half time
That's the problem really, isn't it? I know we are unlucky with injuries, but Højlund out injured and Zirkzee not being 100 % should not mean that we are completely toothless.

With the amount of money spent, we should not rely on those two players to be our only goal output. Taking their individual goal scoring records into account, I doubt they would even make us that more lethal to be honest.

We've pressed well in the first 1.5 games this season. But we certainly havent played well.

It was. He played well last game and was the better of the two CBs but Maguire is a limited player who always has a mistake in him. He made a small mistake last week that only caused a minor dangerous moment but today his mistake cost a goal.

If ETH kept Maguire in based on his game from last week while he knows de Ligt is a better player, ETH made a big mistake imo.

De Ligt has it all to prove here but he gets better by just sitting on the bench for fans watching a team lose for sure

We look way more solid than last season, but also incredibly boring. Our attacking play is just tragic. I don't think he'll be sacked and i expect results to be much better. But i really want to enjoy a united game and it's been a while.

It actually has shades of LVG's football at times.

Looking more solid may simply be because we have the likes of Martinez and Mount fit again. Beyond that, it’s the same old turgidd stuff from last year. No ideas in the final third, risky play at the back with constant back passes to Onana, and worse production from wingers.

Doing the same hoofing the ball to an utterly useless Rashford routine as last season.

It was always optimistic to expect him to change his game overnight after consistently seeing same stuff week in week out

Lost 3/5 preseason games including defeats to Arsenal & Liverpool. Lost the charity shield to City (admittedly on penalties). Then scraped past a poor Fulham team with a late winner. Now losing to Brighton.

So not much has really changed. People are just seeing what they want to see. We still look like a team incapable of creating chances, scoring goals or regularly winning matches.
We created lots of chances against Fulham but couldn't convert, what are you even watching? :wenger:

And mentioning pre-season games is just hilarious. :lol:

Caf is gonna Caf.

You’re saying that like we haven’t been watching this shite for an age now.
You're saying that as if you haven't seen shit individual performances for an age.

This squad has been rubbish for years.

You're saying that as if you haven't seen shit individual performances for an age.

This squad has been rubbish for years.

We’ve spent hundreds of millions bringing ETH’s own players in, the squad excuse isn’t going to fly anymore. If we’re consistently shite it’s on him.

We’ve spent hundreds of millions bringing ETH’s own players in, the squad excuse isn’t going to fly anymore. If we’re consistently shite it’s on him.
Ten Hags fault that disallowed goal!

Brighton spent €170m this summer.
Maybe it’s time to accept all clubs spend a lot of money

Taking Bruno off was a horrible decision, immediately ruined our attack.

And off course Brighton score

Just sit back, hoof and wait to concede a goal. Shithouse tactics from the manager again.

2 unmarked at the back post in the 94th minute.

Where have we seen this sort of thing before?

Bad result for our top 7 aspirations.