Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
My prediction is he won't be able to improve our league form significantly and will get sacked at some point during the season. Was great feeling winning those 2 cups but can't be so poor in a league campaign after all the money spent. Saying this because of his comments about how we won cups etc.

Can Mount injury be a blessing in disguise? he needs to stop that Bruno & Mount experiment. It yields nothing whenever they're both on the pitch.

Can Mount injury be a blessing in disguise? he needs to stop that Bruno & Mount experiment. It yields nothing whenever they're both on the pitch.
It would of been a blessing if we had got the Ugarte signing over the line quicker, then the Mount injury forces Eth's hand in having Ugarte available for todays match in some capacity.

Would still love the following to be sold/released:

Lindelof
Shaw
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Mount
Antony
Rashford

And replaced with 4 players.

ETH starting Rashford today is criminal. I really hope I'm wrong and Rashford plays well but if he doesn't then the pressure will ramp up on both. Rashford has done nothing to warrant a start. Amad has.

Can someone also ask ETH when Malacia will be back playing? It's shocking we haven't brought in a natural LB this summer.

He is socially awkward. Every time I listen to him I cringe. Don’t think he has the right authority and charisma to manage a top team.

For me, Rashfords career record in games against the better Premiership teams is such that selecting him ahead of Amad today represents a smart choice. Here's hoping it works out.

For me, Rashfords career record in games against the better Premiership teams is such that selecting him ahead of Amad today represents a smart choice. Here's hoping it works out.
Also quite good against Liverpool at Old Trafford. Not that I expect much from him but at least game vs biggest rival should be enough motivation to give us decent performance.

Just watched the second part of the press conferences: Erik is prickly indeed. So is every other top manager in the PL, none of them are humble.

The media has been abu and atrocious so it‘s good 10Hag is having a go at them. He called Shearer stupid and he‘s not wrong.

I‘m reminded of that Howson rant against the media that was posted here a few days ago.

We‘ve had two games, looked more structured than last season so the negativity on here is jumping the gun.

I see precious little discussion about actual performance in here. If we win against Pool, a lot of people are going to be disappointed again which is mental.

We scraped by Fulham and lost to Brighton, neither of whom one would think will finish in the top four this season.

True, ETH is dealing with injuries again but our attack continues to be poor. We can’t muddle through another season dropping stupid points but at least trying hard. We need more cohesion in attack, and hopefully today we end the the absence of cohesion in attack we saw all last season and the first two matches of this season.

What are you talking about? I didn't expect a magic wand solution. I didn't expect a miracle. You're arguing against things that I didn't say.

Philosopher Ten Hag is not up to the task. That is the issue, not us being far away from challenging, winning and dominating.
We agree to disagree.

Yup it’s part of a statement from today I think. I just found that sentence jaw dropping if he thinks they performed last season

It's from two days ago, the embargoed bit. It wasn't really "we were good last season" it was more in a response to a question that was posed thus:

"Do you agree that you have been backed this summer so you have a good side - and you said that last season but still it didn't work - but now given that, isn't the minimum top 4, and if you fail to get top 4 you have failed" paraphrasing from sloppy memory.

And he said "Listen...." because he's tired of these journos. As evidenced when he was asked about Rashford being taken off because he was poor and when told it was Shearer who said it he said it was a stupid analysis, emphasis on stupid. Likely because of Shearer's gloating interview with him post Cup Final with Lineaker where they were quite disrespectful.

It's hard to take the quotes at face value if you don't watch the pressers.

Our passing is again terrible.....what are they doing at Carrington??

Very possible 2 defeats after 3 matches.

Nothing has changed compared to last season!!!

Same shit as last season. He’s a nothing manager.

Still has us playing like shit and his system exposed our players. Can’t see him lasting the season.

2 consecutive weeks we play new managers to the league and 2 consecutive weeks he's getting completely out managed.

Nothing has changed. He is not tactically good enough to coach at the level we need.

What on earth does he be telling them on the training pitch, him and his coaches? It’s so chaotic in the middle of the park and the attacking is non existent. Gone by end of Oct if this keeps up.

Like Jose and Ole, I reckon he'll be gone by November/December.

I think you've got to give him the year or the rest of his contract ideally. We're a football club and the fans/soul of the club really want him.

I like the guy but we're wasting our time. We don't look any better now than we did halfway through his first season.

Midfield wide open again and again and again.

He is a garbage manager.

I can't stand this Ajax 3.0 here at United.

Onana looks like he tries to save every shot with his forhead.

You can't sanction for Casemiro deciding to put in the worst performance of his career.

Still not looking good for Ten Hag overall.

For the love of christ, guru Nanak and Allah...just get rid of this guy.