Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
The defeats are not on ETH because the players are shit
Both cup wins are because of ETH
You can’t have it both ways lads

Did we ever have a really really convincing multiple goals wins under him? At this moment I'd kill for one of the results the cheats are getting week in week out.

Everything we do is just so so unconvincing

That Zirkzee goal is going to be this seasons Garnacho goal against Arsenal isn’t it? :lol:

I can just see it now, in a few months people going on about how different the season could have been if that goal had stood. How unlucky we were. But in the end it’s not luck. It’s just a never ending cycle of shit.

Is it really? Brighton away is always a tough game. I don't think any team in the league has that fixture down as a certain win. We conceded a stupid goal in stoppage time.
I think so because we’re still open in midfield and not creating enough yet. The result isn’t as important as the performance and progress. However if one loss turns into 2 or 3 he will have everyone looking at him

The EtH blueprint for tossing away points late on in games....

1. Drop the defensive lines 30-yards to invite pressure from teams we were comfortably containing to ensure shots, set-pieces and crosses rain down on your goal

2. Sub off the defenders who are warm, focused and sharp and bring on cold defenders from the bench who are immediately under the cosh because of 1)

3. Don't sub players who are running on fumes and leaving huge gaps, instead remove any player who is a good presser, good at keeping the ball or a good outlet, thus ensuring maximum chaos in the final minutes.

4. Sub off your best set-piece defender, leaving teenagers and midgets to mark classic old-school PL warhorse CBs and CFs.

5. Do this over and over again to destroy players' confidence and make the fans edgy, thus creating a nice little vicious negative feedback loop
I hate how weak this squad is for set pieces. And our two most useful most want out of the starting line up.

The defeats are not on ETH because the players are shit
Both cup wins are because of ETH
You can’t have it both ways lads
Thing is with cups you can be a bit chaotic, you can get a bit of luck in games or the draws you get. A league season you will only get a small amount of luck, which will not cover a whole season.

Yes, but he has not his best team available yet. Plus he needs more time, and more luck of course. Also, possession football is not in our DNA, and City are too good at it, we cant beat them there. I would trust in him and give him more funds.

Arteta also was rubbish in his first 3 years. Arsenal fans wanted him out, then he got lucky, and here we are.
"DNA"...

Jeez, we really are screwed as a club if we stick to this archaic idea that we shouldn't have a team that keeps possession of a football.

The amount of damage the "United way" has done to this club over the last 11 years.

Was out for some lunch today and was watching this. Left around the 93rd minute and was pissed off with another lacklustre performance and a 1-1 draw. A few minutes later my phone started hopping and I thought we might have nicked a late goal. But nope.

It's the hope that kills you mate.

Our midfield loses steam by 80 min so this stat isn’t surprising
Because there is no game management. We should be playing in a way that we control the game so we conserve energy. I saw Mainoo today closing down the keeper late on, it looks good but he left a massive gap in behind him.

Oops but the main point is they have new manager and the style of play is already very clear!
Please do us all a favour and cut the crap... Brighton has the same style of play since Potter left and Slot only changed 1 or 2 players's position, it's the same Liverpool style..

So what can Ugarte do if we defend like that? 3 players free in 6 yards at 94th minute! Suicidal

I know by the letter of the law the Garnacho goal was offside, but surely the rule should be reviewed where an accidental touch on the goal line with no opposition anywhere near to prevent the goal and with no suggestion of interfering with play, the goal should stand?

Thing is with cups you can be a bit chaotic, you can get a bit of luck in games or the draws you get. A league season you will only get a small amount of luck, which will not cover a whole season.

Key to the winning the league is consistency. In the days of the Doc and Ron Atkinson, we were a good cup side but we always lacked the consistency to maintain a title challenge to the end. In the cup, it's all or nothing and luck plays a role, as you say. Now we're back to being a cup side.

That Zirkzee goal is going to be this seasons Garnacho goal against Arsenal isn’t it? :lol:

I can just see it now, in a few months people going on about how different the season could have been if that goal had stood. How unlucky we were. But in the end it’s not luck. It’s just a never ending cycle of shit.

:lol: :lol: Yep, seems like it.

Also, the 25 minutes period of decent football vs Fulham in the first half last week will be last seasons first half vs Tottenham where it will be claimed 'see this is what we can expect when it all clicks!' (But Ten Hag just needs another 500 million to be spent and the finest whores from Amsterdam to make it all work).

Key to the winning the league is consistency. In the days of the Doc and Ron Atkinson, we were a good cup side but we always lacked the consistency to maintain a title challenge to the end. In the cup, it's all or nothing and luck plays a role, as you say. Now we're back to being a cup side.
Yeah, can beat anybody on a certain day, but those days don't come along enough.

I don’t any amount of spending, new players or ownership change turning ETH into a success at United. He’s not able to bring genuine excellence and a team that can dominate games so is trying his best to make us a difficult to play pressing team but it / he is not enough. The tactical and mental impact just isn’t there. Hoepfully he transitions smoothly to a better manager eventually.

I just have no trust in him as a manager.

Some people really believe that him changing our style to be more in line with what he wants, means that we’ll be considerably better. All it means to me is we won’t look as terrible as we did last year but it doesn’t mean we’ll be good enough.

His team building is very very questionable and don’t believe he has the tactical nous or vision to create a PL winning team or even one that can challenge.

When you say cup it's League Cup and FA Cup. With ETH we are shit in Europe.

Starting the season with 1 recognised number 9 for 2 years in a row is really poor. Zirzkee is no where near a number 9, so we're totally reliant on Hojlund.. Surely we should go out a get a striker, otherwise this false 9 does not work with the players we have.

"DNA"...

Jeez, we really are screwed as a club if we stick to this archaic idea that we shouldn't have a team that keeps possession of a football.

The amount of damage the "United way" has done to this club over the last 11 years.
I’ve always said that we are never reaching the top unless we become great at possession play. People sadly get very defensive here and consider possession to basically be Barcelona / Pep football which is nonsense.

You cannot be a top side these days if you can’t control games and excel at possession play - doesn’t mean you have to be obsessed with 75 per cent of the ball, but more the core principals of moving the ball about in tight spaces and the collective having complete comfort in this regard.

This DNA nonsense is really strange.

:lol: :lol: Yep, seems like it.

Also, the 25 minutes period of decent football vs Fulham in the first half last week will be last seasons first half vs Tottenham where it will be claimed 'see this is what we can expect when it all clicks!' (But Ten Hag just needs another 500 million to be spent and the finest whores from Amsterdam to make it all work).

And Frenkie, never forget Frenkie.

I’ve always said that we are never reaching the top unless we become great at possession play. People sadly get very defensive here and consider possession to basically be Barcelona / Pep football which is nonsense.

You cannot be a top side these days if you can’t control games and excel at possession play - doesn’t mean you have to be obsessed with 75 per cent of the ball, but more the core principals of moving the ball about in tight spaces and the collective having complete comfort in this regard.

This DNA nonsense is really strange.

I think that's always been the case.

Teams that win leagues look after the ball properly.

No viable replacement, though correct, is no excuse to do nothing about our management woes.

But, and this is imperative, we must not fool ourselves into thinking all woe is upon EtH.

Today, we played well, created chances, did not take them and got punished. Zirkzee’s infamous touch was deliberate. You can’t coach the meagre mentality which manifests itself in such mistakes.

Seriously, those calling for his head, those who think (however rightly) we are going backwards under him, tell us who your chosen successor is. Show your working. Give us names, not narratives.

After we row and row and row again, it should become clear:

The post-Fergie rut is on the players more than the manager, more than those running the club even…

It's good others are picking up on this, the champions league is also dependant on consistency playing games over two legs towards the finals.

Erik thrives in chaos but is mute when there's order that's why cup success has been paramount with his management, the Liverpool fixture was like a pinball machine and the FA Cup final resembled a huge portion of how the team got results in his first season something he's actively attempted to move away from.

I don't see any circumstances where any United team under his tenure bridges the gap between actually challenging, its questionable given his tactical fluency if United will even remain a consistent top four outfit. If INEOS had anything about them they should be looking at contingencies at this point.

In some ways Erik resembles Onana with respect to to his goalkeeping. He's doing enough to facilitate the position but will never be world class or an outstanding prospect when assessing the market. Much of the same consensus earmarks Erik's management. The trajectory as it stands is the quality of the team will improve but eventually they will be held back. I see Chelsea heading in the same direction until they actually appoint someone reputable.

With all the coach's and money spent on players how can you end up with the mess we had for that last goal , yo u would be embarrassed if you were over a pub team and they ended up ck conceding a late winner while having 9 or so players in the box but still leaving 3 opposition players totally unmarked on one side of the goal , it should not happen at any level in Football. But highlights the rock bottom standards this club has right now.

I can see Sir Jim appointing the first English manager in Man United's Premier League history.

The obvious choice is currently not working, just waiting for the call we all know is inevitible.
Bugger off you. :lol:

Yes, but he has not his best team available yet. Plus he needs more time, and more luck of course. Also, possession football is not in our DNA, and City are too good at it, we cant beat them there. I would trust in him and give him more funds.

Arteta also was rubbish in his first 3 years. Arsenal fans wanted him out, then he got lucky, and here we are.

Arteta got lucky? :lol: He's just a much better coach. I bet you won't be saying Ten Hag got lucky (even though he's been incredibly lucky in many ways) if we ever play as good football as Arsenal. Which we won't.

At this point in the season we're trying to get everyone fit. The new signings and successful internationals, in particular, have had little opportunity to get matchfit. Many players first pre-season match was the Community Shield.

The substitutions today were down to getting the squad at the same level of fitness. DeLigt will start usually but has had little football recently. When everyone is matchfit and settled (hopefully Ugarte) the substitutions will likely be for more tactical reasons.

Well we've had the same manager for over 2 years now and I've not seen many tactical substitutions that make a whole lot of sense. I think 2 years is long enough to get players match fit.

If it was about player fitness then why did we make a change at half time and then also leave both our CMs on when they visibly tired? and our right back pretending to be a left back who was also knackered completely exposed for the entire last 40 minutes? Yet took off Bruno who's basically immune from tiredness?

This isn't a new thing. ETH for example spent nearly half of last season playing without a midfield amd refusing to address it despite it causing issues in quite literally every game.

You don't see this from other teams and especially not good teams. They start with a plan and they stick to the plan unless it isn't working. I don't know if we start with a plan amd if we do it changes before we know if it's working. E.g. we actually look decent for a half today and then appear in the second half with a completely different system and look like a load of shite

Arteta got lucky? :lol: He's just a much better coach. I bet you won't be saying Ten Hag got lucky (even though he's been incredibly lucky in many ways) if we ever play as good football as Arsenal. Which we won't.

It is a pisstake of course. Tried to summarise the stupid excuses

Defensive problems aside - The first half was woeful in terms of attacking them when we had the ball. He picked the wrong starting 11 and we wasted 45 minutes. We looked a lot more threatening with Garnacho and Zirkzee on. He’s got to drop Rashford and Mount.