Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah apart from I did

Apart from being boring as all hell, as the athletic nerds always are, if you read between the lines they conclude by basically saying feck all (again not unusual)

I am curious as to your actual take on it, why you think it is so insightful?

BTW I do have an agenda.... it is that ETH is a shite manager, until he actually puts a team out that is set up to play properly and executes it reliably then all your analysis is so much noise, 3 seasons same shite, just a bad manager trying to work way above his level
Complex things are sometimes boring.

They do make cases for individual responsibility and also point out that clearly players who made the mistakes were not instructed to make those errors and were corrected during the game by the manager.

They also point out that the tactics have clearly changed from last season. Some might call that flexibility.

Complex things are sometimes boring.

They do make cases for individual responsibility and also point out that clearly players who made the mistakes were not instructed to make those errors and were corrected during the game by the manager.

They also point out that the tactics have clearly changed from last season. Some might call that flexibility.
Wow so the players were not instructed to make errors, that just blows my mind, I mean I think ETH is crap but never once did I actually think he was instructing players to make errors!

It is not boring because it is complex, it is just dull, and yeah some tactics have clearly been tweaked, guess what? still not working.

TBH I just have zero time for anyone making any sort of excuse for or giving any credit to ETH at this point, some might call that inflexibility ;)

Wow so the players were not instructed to make errors, that just blows my mind, I mean I think ETH is crap but never once did I actually think he was instructing players to make errors!

It is not boring because it is complex, it is just dull, and yeah some tactics have clearly been tweaked, guess what? still not working.

TBH I just have zero time for anyone making any sort of excuse for or giving any credit to ETH at this point, some might call that inflexibility ;)
Enjoy your evening.

How we reacting if United don’t win tomorrow?
Since memes are banned in this part of the forum let's just say that for me it'll be the one where someone asks "What are you thinking about, little birdie?" And the bird replies "Murder".

Since memes are banned in this part of the forum let's just say that for me it'll be the one where someone asks "What are you thinking about, little birdie?" And the bird replies "Murder".

I'm thinking the "I'm tired, boss" gif from Green Mile.

Tough away game, players letting ten Hag down, nobody could do better with this team, xG pretty decent and unlucky to lose.
Depends on how we lost IMO, I mean if their keeper makes 10 worldies, we hit the woodwork 5 times and they score via a deflection off 3 players in the last min should we complain?

Depends on how we lost IMO, I mean if their keeper makes 10 worldies, we hit the woodwork 5 times and they score via a deflection off 3 players in the last min should we complain?
That sounds like some of our wins last season to be honest.

Tough away game, players letting ten Hag down, nobody could do better with this team, xG pretty decent and unlucky to lose.
There doesn't seem to be any consequences for poor performances.

There is a point, IN ANY RELATIONSHIP, where excuses and explanation become irrelevant and all parties must firmly decide if the relationship works or not.

Ten Hag and United/INEOS are at that point. There are no more excuses, either he starts delivering or somebody else needs to try. Yes, squad is lacking, yes there are problems, yes there may be injuries - none of that matters, anymore. It's a "get your shit together or feck off" point

Bare minimum of "get your shit together" is Champions League qualification, and if it happens by winning Europa League he still must deliver at least 5th in EPL

There is a point, IN ANY RELATIONSHIP, where excuses and explanation become irrelevant and all parties must firmly decide if the relationship works or not.

Ten Hag and United/INEOS are at that point. There are no more excuses, either he starts delivering or somebody else needs to try. Yes, squad is lacking, yes there are problems, yes there may be injuries - none of that matters, anymore. It's a "get your shit together or feck off" point

Bare minimum of "get your shit together" is Champions League qualification, and if it happens by winning Europa League he still must deliver at least 5th in EPL
They very well maybe at that point, but none of us actually know, what you say is just pure speculation of what you think

Stop fecking whinging before the game has even kicked off.

How we reacting if United don’t win tomorrow?

Continued numbness. Seeing as it's an away game firstly, and a struggling side secondly, it wouldn't be surprising at all if we lost, and the attacker that's most struggling to score a goal in the process.

It's less than 24 hours from the first whistle of our next match. For the sake of our sanity let's hope for the best and if during the match we continue to witness disjointed play and get outscored by the opposition then we all take our shots here at the management of the club which has spent hundreds of millions in net spend and yet we're still unable to beat relegation fodder.

Continued numbness. Seeing as it's an away game firstly, and a struggling side secondly, it wouldn't be surprising at all if we lost, and the attacker that's most struggling to score a goal in the process.
“I, have become, comfortably numb”

xG pretty decent only if we have a higher xG. If we have a lower than the other one, the xG can get the feck out and become irrelevant again.

It's the default mindset now.

Some fans will only be happy when ETH is sacked and replaced. That will last, until they can figure out a way to moan about his replacement.

McKenna's managerial career is limited entirely to lower league experience, there's a huge gulf between the Ipswich job and the United one, surely you can acknowledge that? To me that would represent a humongous gamble, and I don't think that's worth it given we could go after much more accomplished candidates in the summer.
It might have been a gamble once, when "managers" literally ran football clubs, but the whole point of having Wilcox, Ashworth, Berrada, Blanc, Brailsford etc...is that they're the one's running the club...and the manager is "just" a coach.

If McKenna is a better coach than EtH, and I'd say there's strong evidence to suggest he is, then make the swap.

If it doesn't work out...you sack McKenna and appoint the next up and coming young coach...rinse repeat until you land on the right one.

It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

Some fans will only be happy when ETH is sacked and replaced. That will last, until they can figure out a way to moan about his replacement.
It's so incredibly boring. Friday night depression session.

It's so incredibly boring. Friday night depression session.
It is when you come in here and it's the same people having the same circular discussion every day.

So you lads are whinging and moaning about people whinging and moaning?

:confused:

So you lads are whinging and moaning about people whinging and moaning?

:confused:

Aye, sure wasn't I talking to a Liverpool fan earlier who said he knows Utd fans now by how much they moan about football now.

He's not wrong.

Where did I say that?

The media being short of newsworthy stories and just generally trying to unsettle our prep for Southampton is a total pisstake though. It adds more pressure on the players.

It's all the media, that hostile, evil media who are on his back despite him being so incredibly successful, winning those two trophies.

…..

If the replacement is doing a good job, nobody will be moaning. It's as simple as that. If you expect a manager that's overseen last season, and the start of this season to be receiving anything but scrutiny at a club like United, you're just delusional.

Of course no one would complain about that (well I’m sure our forwards would get some stick but not ETH). It would be a quite astonishing improvement on anything we have seen from him for 18 months and would suggest some degree of structure/tactics.

If the replacement is doing a good job, nobody will be moaning. It's as simple as that. If you expect a manager that's overseen last season, and the start of this season to be receiving anything but scrutiny at a club like United, you're just delusional.

Utd manager will always be under scrutiny, it's par for the course. There's scrutiny and then there's wanting a championship manager or Ruud to take over. That's fecking delusion.

Third season now, I've said before this is where we need to start seeing the real progress, so it's time for him to shit or get off the pot.

Utd manager will always be under scrutiny, it's par for the course. There's scrutiny and then there's wanting a championship manager or Ruud to take over. That's fecking delusion.

Third season now, I've said before this is where we need to start seeing the real progress, so it's time for him to shit or get off the pot.

I don't think it's a case of United fans actively wanting Ruud to take over, but more so the plan INEOS have actually put in place, forcing that notion. Who else will genuinely be in line to take over temporarily if ETH continues to shit the bed?

It's the lack of progression for me. I can't even see what he's working towards any more. If there is a masterplan, he seems unnervingly undeterred by the reality that none of his team are apparently capable of executing it. He ploughs on. It's the footballing equivalent of watching Homer drink from a hose.

Perhaps someone with such a narrow experience wasn't a great idea. I think we needed someone who could nurture a team rather than someone who will insist on trying to recreate their success elsewhere - including bringing in as many familiar faces to help them as they could - because that's all they know

I don't think it's a case of United fans actively wanting Ruud to take over, but more so the plan INEOS have actually put in place, forcing that notion. Who else will genuinely be in line to take over temporarily if ETH continues to shit the bed?

At this stage it's anyone but ETH for a lot of people. I'm not too pushed, I can see the amount of work that needed to be done, so I've been prepared to be patient all along. 3 years to build a team capable of being consistent over a longer sustained period. That's just what it takes in football to get everyone together and on the same page, before you only need to make minor tweaks.

It also shouldn't be a case of having someone to over temporarily, if the plan is to replace him if things don't work out soon, then you really have to have a proper tiered list of replacements lined up well in advance, so you know the profile of head coach/manager you are targeting. I'm not saying, don't sack him if you haven't got a replacement lined up, but if you don't have a succession plan in place, then you're just going to continue going round in circles.