Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
At this stage it's anyone but ETH for a lot of people. I'm not too pushed, I can see the amount of work that needed to be done, so I've been prepared to be patient all along. 3 years to build a team capable of being consistent over a longer sustained period. That's just what it takes in football to get everyone together and on the same page, before you only need to make minor tweaks.

It also shouldn't be a case of having someone to over temporarily, if the plan is to replace him if things don't work out soon, then you really have to have a proper tiered list of replacements lined up well in advance, so you know the profile of head coach/manager you are targeting. I'm not saying, don't sack him if you haven't got a replacement lined up, but if you don't have a succession plan in place, then you're just going to continue going round in circles.

Again though, if you have a manager that's continuing to shit the bed, week after week it's difficult to have a plan, especially at this early stage of the season. The logical solution to all of this was to not continue with him after the FA Cup triumph, and logically review how last season went down wasn't solely down to a gypsy putting some kind of curse upon the club. Continuing with a manager who overseen a season like that at a club like United simply shouldn't have survived. That's the bottom line. So pointing the finger at a deeply frustrated porion of the fan base isn't the way to go whatsoever.

Last edited:
Of course no one would complain about that (well I’m sure our forwards would get some stick but not ETH). It would be a quite astonishing improvement on anything we have seen from him for 18 months and would suggest some degree of structure/tactics.
I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a large number of posters blaming ETH, if Rashford starts it'll be why wasn't Garnacho or Amad starting, Zirkzee is shite, our press was crap and so on

I don't think it's a case of United fans actively wanting Ruud to take over, but more so the plan INEOS have actually put in place, forcing that notion. Who else will genuinely be in line to take over temporarily if ETH continues to shit the bed?
Hake.

It might have been a gamble once, when "managers" literally ran football clubs, but the whole point of having Wilcox, Ashworth, Berrada, Blanc, Brailsford etc...is that they're the one's running the club...and the manager is "just" a coach.

If McKenna is a better coach than EtH, and I'd say there's strong evidence to suggest he is, then make the swap.

If it doesn't work out...you sack McKenna and appoint the next up and coming young coach...rinse repeat until you land on the right one.

It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

It isn't that simple though, while our coach isn't going to be forced to do the job of an entire scouting network anymore, there's still a huge amount to the job. For one, they need to command the respect of the dressing room, something that has buried more acclaimed coaches than McKenna here, the best example being Rangnick to whom the squad paid attention to for less than 45 minutes.

There's also the fact that the INEOS regime are going to have a preferred footballing approach, and whether the next up and coming young coach is a good fit for that - if we chop and change between approaches then we won't have chance to get very good at any of them, that kind of approach is one of the biggest contributors to our current predicament. It shouldn't be anywhere near as simple as you're making out, and fortunately I expect the INEOS regime to be acutely aware of that.

I also disagree that there's strong evidence to suggest McKenna is better than Ten Hag at the moment, given the latter has accomplished so much more, and at a much higher level, in his career. McKenna could well get there, but he has 3 matches in total under his belt at the top level, he needs to show he can hang in the PL before there's much of a discussion.

Sounds like a crock of made up bullshit. Especially all that self-contradicting drivel about “style”. But what do you expect when it’s a repost of something’s said by someone who calls themselves “@muppetiers”?
Bunch of Randos acting like they know stuff when it's just something they totally made up!

Posting such non credible sources should be banned here.

It’s Russell Martins turn to add himself to an ever growing list of managers who have absolutely had their way against Ten Hag

What do fish have to with it?

Well ETH has been codding us for 2 years, talking like Utd is one of the minnows trying to knock the big clubs off their perch. Instead he's floundering. It's time for someone to put him in his plaice or better yet, put his head on a pike.

Suicide squad today, but if he can't win a team that has 0 points so far...

Questioning his line up….hope he proves me wrong but that midfield is probably getting walked through

Should deservedly be sacked if we lose this match and with his lineup choices looks like he is doing his best to achieve that.

I do wonder what's the hypothetical earliest point he could get sacked - what run of results would it take?

Can't figure out if the players have stopped playing for him or our tactics really are this shit.

Either way the next manager is going to look like a frecking genius when our players looks so much better under him.

I do wonder what's the hypothetical earliest point he could get sacked - what run of results would it take?
I think they always look for the right exit point even if the decision is made eg. After a hard run of games so a new manager doesn't have to come in and face city and arsenal back to back or something

I think they always look for the right exit point even if the decision is made eg. After a hard run of games so a new manager doesn't have to come in and face city and arsenal back to back or something
Good point. Our next run before the next international break is:
  • Barnsley home
  • Palace away
  • Twente home
  • Spurs home
  • Porto away
  • Villa away
Those last 3 games are tough, but he's really on last chance territory IMO at pretty much every second so any poor run like that last 3 could spell the end.

Even if we narrowly win this, INEOS should be looking at yet another first half, in another away fixture we're being absolutely dominated. Against opposition we should have almost total control over.

Even if we narrowly win this, INEOS should be looking at yet another first half, in another away fixture we're being absolutely dominated. Against opposition we should have almost total control over.

Yeah everyone has figured him out
He’s Dutch league quality shouldn’t be anywhere near a top league

Most people won’t admit but Oleball was country miles better than this.

How has this clown managed to get to 18%. This abysmal stuff and there is almost a 1 in 5 wanting him to stay. Surely 1 in 5 on this site is a Liverpool fan....?

Should deservedly be sacked if we lose this match and with his lineup choices looks like he is doing his best to achieve that.
Drawing shouldn’t get him off either. The first three games were enough to show he’s had his chance. Don’t hate Ten Hag, but last season was just about unforgivable.

I still think it'll be counter productive to sack him. This is actually such a key learning moment for the entire club.

For the last 10 years, all we've been hearing is how time and patience is all it takes to make the next Ferguson. Let's see if this one out, and see what state the clubs left in. I think we'd be letting a lot of people off the hook here if we end this one now.

Keeping him beyond last season was so unbelievably stupid and we deserve everything we get for such unforgivable stupidity

Not sure if he’s just a stubborn twat or completely incompetent with tactics. Keeping him will be another wasted season in the league.

How has this clown managed to get to 18%. This abysmal stuff and there is almost a 1 in 5 wanting him to stay. Surely 1 in 5 on this site is a Liverpool fan....?
Opposition fans and quite a few delusional lovers who have admitted they'd support him even if relegated.

We will probably fluke a win here and he will be proclaimed a hero. We’ve looked beyond pathetic.

Keeping him beyond last season was so unbelievably stupid and we deserve everything we get for such unforgivable stupidity

Yup its up there as one of the worst calls post fergie

Its amazing we apparently have the avengers assemble of a boardroom but all of them couldn’t figure out eth out…

I wont hold it against them cause they’re new but rocky start