Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didnt say I believe he can turn it around. I'd still be suspect.
I said if he did perform today I don't see what an interim coach would exactly do by way of improvement. If we were moving for a Tuchel or a Silva and the INEOS board had the permanent coach lined up its a different story. My view is just being neither here nor there under an interim.
I see your angle but think about the impact on players. A clear message that it’s not good enough. Your manager has been sacked. Your futures are there to be played for.

Then what other reason do you have for supporting him this long?
Good first season. Bad second season. Wanted to see immediate improvements under the new structure this season. I've currently voted favouring the sack.

The only way I don't sack right now is if 1) he puts out a statement win against Villa (which we know he won't) and 2) the replacement would be some unproven interim.

I'm not talking about the past 86 games, I'm just talking about performances this season. I think if we had a good performance (not a scrape), then there are suddenly more encouraging performances than atrocious ones and it makes me wonder if an interim coach would just be a sideways move.

I'll take a sideways move over another second of ETH in charge.

It took you this long to make that change?
I wanted to keep him to see him work with the new management. Also this is start of the season so I wanted to be patient...but was on the fence. I have lost my balance now and fell to the other side.

A statement win followed by a collapse after the international break followed by a statement win and another collapse.

Why can't we just behave like other big clubs and realise when something is clearly not working?

I see your angle but think about the impact on players. A clear message that it’s not good enough. Your manager has been sacked. Your futures are there to be played for.

I'll take a sideways move over another second of ETH in charge.
Yeah, fair enough. We aren't AI Bots when making these opinions about a cub we're so invested in - I'm sure there's still some anchoring bias in mine.

But it worked for the first season when he exceeded expectation.
Have we now become a club that sacks a manager as soon as it is not going great....I would like to think we are better than that.
If we'd done that we would have sacked him 18 months ago! Jesus Christ. Saying he had a (not so bad) second season! :lol:

He did come up with a brilliant tactical plan in the final.

He also doesn't want to change from his best transition team plan he came up with under Murtough which has lead to so many thrashings, and getting beat by newcomer managers.

He supposedly looked back at past United teams and wants to bring fast attacking football for the fans, edge of the seat stuff. His first Ajax team was also similar but I think it's very dependent on players that can be clinical and cover the spaces left. There's an element of truth that the fans wouldn't enjoy possession football but also his looking back misinterprets what our past sides did and his own attacking style seems quite flawed outside of an ideal 11 at their peak.

It's clear we can't carry on with his transition plan, he either adapts or we have to sack him. We can find a middle ground to be more disciplined, Bruno was excellent in the final, he can play that way and be creative, it will even help our players like Rashford and Hojlund that want to run at defences that have been brought forward instead of facing already set lines.
He better string a winning streak of more than 5-6 games. I personally feel it is impossible, winning 3 games in a row would be an accomplishment for Erik.

Yeah, fair enough. We aren't AI Bots when making these opinions about a cub we're so invested in - I'm sure there's still some anchoring bias in mine.

I'm just trying to understand the mindset, really. It's like just about getting away with driving with a burst tire, you can maybe still get from A to B intact. ETH's current reign isn't even that, we aren't even getting by, the car has two doors missing, two burst tires and an engine that's about to catch fire.

He wants the sack. There is no way he would come with that formation otherwise

Why is it that every time one of his top fans disappears from this thread, a new one emerges out of nowhere?

Like I just said in the other thread, his injuries in defence were blamed a lot last season. Now he gets his defence back and strengthens it further, yet he's reverting to the CB pairing that held him back last season :lol:

You just couldn't write this shit.
What's worse it's Leicester's cb pairing from the 18/19 season

It’s not about sacking ETH anymore. This is a game we have to win no matter what it takes! The state of this club is in shambles now. I believe the players will make it happen today. Then, let’s talk about sacking afterwards.

This is a do or die game for him today, isn’t it? If so, I have a question. In a game like that, a coach usually plays the players he trusts most. Which makes sense, of course. Now the weird thing is obviously that so many players bought by ETH are sitting on the bench. Here comes my question. Is ETH responsible for buying players because there’s no structure in place from the club to do so, or is that something he wants to be in charge of?

I'm just trying to understand the mindset, really. It's like just about getting away with driving with a burst tire, you can maybe still get from A to B intact. ETH's current reign isn't even that, we aren't even getting by, the car has two doors missing, two burst tires and an engine that's about to catch fire.
Its not a burst tire in the context of this season if he had a good game today.

He will look decent against a Villa team probably suffering from a European Hangover.

No structure of play and our best player on the pitch is a 37 year old CB...

He's a twat.

He sticks with the same chaotic style no matter how bad the results are, but as soon as his jobs on the line he decides to completely change the team setup, and resorts to a trying not to lose Tony Pulis style tactic

He's a twat.

He sticks with the same chaotic style no matter how bad the results are, but as soon as his jobs on the line he decides to completely change the team setup, and resorts to a trying not to lose Tony Pulis style tactic

Yep, bang on.

Okay so far but we've seen plenty of decent periods that were followed by awful ones so there's a lot more to do if he's to secure his position until after the international break.

Regardless of not conceding, what can you even take from that half that would make you think to stick with him?

He’s had over 100 games under his belt, hundreds of millions spent and his team still look like the first time they ever met was that morning.