Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm 95% sure he won't be sacked and then the media that was saying Porto and Villa were make or break for him will be saying something like how we'll take the international break to decide and then when nothing happens we will get something about them wanting to do a thorough manager search for the next manager and feel like ETH is better than any person they could get to be an interim manager.

I really don't think he is any danger until we get to December, and we are 12th in the league or below and aren't even in the playoff round for Europa.
It’s interesting because it seems it would be completely untenable to go into the break with 7 points from 7 games but there is a feeling Ineos don’t really want to sack him. I do wonder about what goes on behind the scenes and the cliques in our team, some of what we have seen this season re conceding goals I would say is essentially lazy players rather than us getting outplayed. I wonder if they want everything to be fixed behind the scenes before bringing in whoever their top choice is.

Yeah Whitwell said he has heard that as well on the Talk of The Devils podcast which is depressing
He did say that one of his sources was someone who doesn't work for the club. It's someone who understands the club and how it works. Words to that effect.

That means it's just an opinion of an onlooker within the industry. Not concrete.

I always get the impression that Whitwell is a bit pro ten Hag.

Doesn't deserve a nice run of fixtures, however fear you will be right because there's not enough noise

Lets be honest, the only way its a nice run of fixtures is if we are in league 2. Brentford, West Ham, Chelsea, Ipswich, Everton are not nice fixtures for Ten Hag.

We cant score goals and we have a habit of conceding 2+ goals in many games. I dont see him winning more than 3/4 PL games up until Christmas if I am honest.

Doesn't deserve a nice run of fixtures, however fear you will be right because there's not enough noise
This is what it all boils down to.

Got a comeback win vs Villa at Christmas. 1 point from the next 2 games. Got a big win vs Liverpool in The FA Cup in March. Didn't kick on. Got a big win vs City in The FA Cup final. Didn't build on it during pre-season or this season.

He had potential momentum builders last season. He's had his time. He had enough chances.

Lets be honest, the only way its a nice run of fixtures is if we are in league 2. Brentford, West Ham, Chelsea, Ipswich, Everton are not nice fixtures for Ten Hag.

We cant score goals and we have a habit of conceding 2+ goals in many games. I dont see him winning more than 3/4 PL games up until Christmas if I am honest.

I think we could snatch a win against one or two of them, and another draw somewhere in between, through moments of brilliance. This would probably give him safety until end of season as I can't imagine us pulling a trigger in December or January amidst fixture congestion.

I think we could snatch a win against one or two of them, and another draw somewhere in between, through moments of brilliance. This would probably give him safety until end of season as I can't imagine us pulling a trigger in December or January amidst fixture congestion.
The owners won't stand for that sort of form

Definitely an acceptance in this thread he's staying whatever the result on Sunday, urgh I want to feel invested but can't why he's still here

Nah, I dont think he survives christmas, we still have to play Arsenal and City, those could easily be 5/6 - 0 and then that will be him gone. One more 3 goal margin result and he is out I reckon.

12 months later to still be displaying the same issues of giving up leads in Europe and getting outplayed at home by rivals. You can’t really make a case for ETH to get more time.

What the club need to do now is make sure we have the right manager at the helm next summer (preferably Xabi Alonso) and sort out this mess of a season whether that us Ruud as interim or someone else

Nah, I dont think he survives christmas, we still have to play Arsenal and City, those could easily be 5/6 - 0 and then that will be him gone. One more 3 goal margin result and he is out I reckon.

City generally go easy on us. Easy 3 goals and they just see the game out.

City generally go easy on us. Easy 3 goals and they just see the game out.

They might go even easier this time around and let us get 2 goals in the 85th minute to keep him in the job.

Then we will see Ten Hag coming out and saying how the team competed with City and how individual errors cost them, so we should be patient and believe in the process.

Meanwhile at other clubs when things are clearly not working...

The season ten Hag beat Real, they went through 3 managers. Lopetegui, Solari and Zidane.

Solari was in charge for the games. Real were all over the place that season. Brought Zidane back and settled down again.

They might go even easier this time around and let us get 2 goals in the 85th minute to keep him in the job.

Then we will see Ten Hag coming out and saying how the team competed with City and how individual errors cost them, so we should be patient and believe in the process.

That was basically the 6-3 game :lol:

Completely humiliated us, and somehow the last 2 goals (when they weren't interested anymore) were spun into a positive.

Let me guess he thinks it's the same players letting managers down for the last 10 years? I have a mate who is the same no matter how many times I point out that we don't have the same squad of players. :lol:
My mates the same. Still keeps blaming the whole 'rotten atmosphere' that you hear peddled by people like goldbridge, Neville etc as an excuse to defend the manager. Keeps saying the same players have got 4 different managers sacked. Can just imagine lindelof going around planting whoopee cushions on people's seats and throwing paper airplanes at everyone. Absolutely rotten that lad

The owners won't stand for that sort of form
Nah, they will. He will sweet talk them into long term project. Would not shock me at all if he got another Summer, some money to spend and next season to fix things even if we finish similarly to last year.

That was basically the 6-3 game :lol:

Completely humiliated us, and somehow the last 2 goals (when they weren't interested anymore) were spun into a positive.
We had people tell us we ran Liverpool close this year and only lacked finishing because we created 1.5 xG while down 3-0.

Nah, they will. He will sweet talk them into long term project. Would not shock me at all if he got another Summer, some money to spend and next season to fix things even if we finish similarly to last year.
They're quite ambitious so I doubt it.

Does anyone really expect us to get anything against these teams these days? Even Villa away for that matter is a game we are probably happy to write off, I don't think anyone expects points or a decent performance against any of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, or even Chelsea, Tottenham and Villa. The standards are we have to be just about good enough to produce good 45 minutes against Palace.

But why? Even if we beat Villa it doesn't fundamentally change anything.
I think it will change something actually. It will change people's opinion on INEOS. If they decide to keep him based on a draw/win, then they are fecking clueless and most people will realise it. In fact, that they haven't sacked him already is very telling.

If there's an excuses term I'd ban from here it would be individuals errors. How many goals are even scored without an individual error being made?

It's basically saying the manager isn't at all responsible for 90% of goals a team concedes.

Its like some thought they were being clever inverting the individual brilliance argument when it just doesn't work in reverse at all.

You cause me so much pain and you don't even know. My eyes hurt. My eyes.

Asked if he has faith in the Red Devils' boss, he said:“I don’t want to answer that question…I like Erik. I think he’s a very good coach but at the end of the day it’s not my call, it’s the management team that’s running Manchester United that have to decide how we best run the team in many different respects.

"But that team that’s running Manchester United has only been together since June or July. They weren’t there in January, February, March or April – [CEO] Omar [Berrada], [Sporting Director] Dan Ashworth - they only arrived in July

"They’ve only been there…you can count it in weeks almost - they’ve not been there a long time so they need to take stock and make some sensible decisions.

"Our objective is very clear - we want to take Manchester United back to where it should be, and it’s not there yet, obviously - that’s very clear.”

If we have no money to sack him, then keep him but give control of the first team over to Ruud. He may be embarrassed enough to just leave after that.

If there's an excuses term I'd ban from here it would be individuals errors. How many goals are even scored without an individual error being made?

It's basically saying the manager isn't at all responsible for 90% of goals a team concedes.

Its like some thought they were being clever inverting the individual brilliance argument when it just doesn't work in reverse at all.
We can take away our 2 goals last night due to Diogo Costa's errors. Porto won 3-1.

Yeah but according to him in his post match, judge him at the end of the season, just like last season..... deluded and arrogant

Just look at Aston Villa, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle, how their managers take their play within the short period of time? Erik wants more time, how much? It is getting ridiculous that everyone really thinks he needs more time. Let's see how we throw away a lead at Aston Villa or get smash by Villa 3-0. Never seem such a thick-skin manager. United is a football club with global following, everyone can see how bad we are. There is no hiding!!!!

so they only joined in the July, so need time to come to a decision,, did they not watch any of our football before then? theyd have missed ETH winning trophies!!

so they only joined in the July, so need time to come to a decision,, did they not watch any of our football before then? theyd have missed ETH winning trophies!!
The decision to keep ten Hag was made before Berrada and Ashworth joined. They both made that clear in their interviews.

"What the club need to do now is make sure we have the right manager at the helm next summer (preferably Xabi Alonso) and sort out this mess of a season whether that us Ruud as interim or someone else".

There's a huge problem with this. Alonso is probably the most sought after coach nowadays. We all know that Bayern Munich wants him, also Real Madrid sees him as a potential successor of Ancelotti and then there's Liverpool as long time admirers of him. If Slot fails they'll want him too. Currently we're not in a position to rival these clubs unfortunately for the signature of Alonso.

We would not be here with ETH if they were.
Thats your opinion.
They gave ten hag a last chance and will probably be ruthless this season. You're just assuming that they're not ambitious because of one decision in one point in time.

You know you're shite when the new owner says I like you, I think you're a good coach but...

Please please just get rid. I can't watch another game seeing his gormless expression on the sidelines