Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is more plausible and aligns with his demeanor. I think he knows he's safe for the next 1.5 - 2 years regardless of results.
Thing that really frustrates me, more than anything Ten Hag does himself, is when the journalists will use the old "His job is not under pressure in the short term, but there is an acceptance that results must improve"

Results continue to get worse and then they say the same thing again. I'd rather they just say "His job is not under pressure in the short term, or the long term" and be done with it

Right.... It's the away match to Villa that's his make or break not the 0-3 losses to Liverpool and Spurs at home, the draw at home to an inferior Dutch team in Europa or throwing away a 2-0 lead in Europa Liverpool and Spurs have both scored more goals at Old Trafford this year than we have scored there in the league and Europa combined.

We've played a 1/6 of the season and are 13th. The only time we've looked remotely good this season was a league cup match against a side 2 divisions below us. Fulham was a slog struggle, Southampton was bad until Onan's penalty save jolted a little bit of life and we got 2 goals in 6 minutes, Palace we did ok but the shooting was woeful and then ETH played right into what they wanted to do with his changes and they were the better team the last 25-30 minutes.

We are mad to believe INEOS will be any different than the Glazers. But even then Glazers actually had some stones with managerial changes. Sacked Moyes before his first season was even over. Sacked LVG for getting 5th and winning an FA Cup in his 2nd season. Sacked Jose in his 3rd season when we were 6th and already through to the knockouts of CL. Sacked Ole in his 3rd season when we were 8th and already through to the knockout stages.

Right.... It's the away match to Villa that's his make or break not the 0-3 losses to Liverpool and Spurs at home, the draw at home to an inferior Dutch team in Europa or throwing away a 2-0 lead in Europa Liverpool and Spurs have both scored more goals at Old Trafford this year than we have scored there in the league and Europa combined.

We've played a 1/6 of the season and are 13th. The only time we've looked remotely good this season was a league cup match against a side 2 divisions below us. Fulham was a slog struggle, Southampton was bad until Onan's penalty save jolted a little bit of life and we got 2 goals in 6 minutes, Palace we did ok but the shooting was woeful and then ETH played right into what they wanted to do with his changes and it they were the better team the last 25-30 minutes.

We are mad to believe INEOS will be any different than the Glazers. But even then Glazers actually had some stones with managerial changes. Sacked LVG for getting 5th and winning an FA Cup in his 2nd season. Sacked Jose in his 3rd season when we were 6th and already through to the knockouts of CL. Sacked Ole in his 3rd season when we were 8th and already through to the knockout stages.
Calm down. You are emotional and angry given the results which is understandable.

Yet, teams like Madrid, Bayern and Chelsea manage to find new managers. I think many of them would see the United Manager job as a great challenge.
Both Bayern and Madrid are incredibly well run and constantly successful. So frankly there's no longer a valid comparison.

Would we have been happy with Maresca? Or Poch? Or Potter? In whichever order.

If he does survive, then I have no hope for this club. If they can't make a decision on him after all this then we truly are doomed.

That's the issue.

We know ETH is a dud, there's not much more to be said there. But, how INEOS react will be very telling as far as the future of the club is concerned.

If he had us 4th with the most goals scored in the league and tied with the 2nd best GD it would be like Christmas season came 2 months early right now.
Obviously, but you know as well as I do that he wouldn't have.

Does anyone think he won't be sacked if we lose to Villa?
I mean its feasible he'll still have his job if we lose. I've lost count of the number of times I thought "that's surely it" after a disgraceful performance only for Ten Hag to be giving another pre-match press conference by the next game. Whether its because we can't financially afford to let him go or because INEOS are too stubborn to admit they fecked up by not replacing him in the summer is anyone's guess.

Only way I'd say its close to guaranteed is if Villa give us a brutal whooping, I'm talking 4-0 minimum scoreline.

Even Moyes had supporters at the very end, my memory might be fuzzy but it was at least a quarter of the fans on here that wanted to give him more time. Most of the blame was put on the players.
To be fair some of the players did not help him by being rather precious. He was not the right fit for United though.

I mean its feasible he'll still have his job if we lose. I've lost count of the number of times I thought "that's surely it" after a disgraceful performance only for Ten Hag to be giving another pre-match press conference by the next game. Whether its because we can't financially afford to let him go or because INEOS are too stubborn to admit they fecked up by not replacing him in the summer is anyone's guess.

Only way I'd say its close to guaranteed is if Villa give us a brutal whooping, I'm talking 4-0 minimum scoreline.
I think the performance is more important than the result to be honest. If we lose 2-0 for example and are just dire I'd still expect him to go.

I can't envisage many scenarios where he keeps his job on Monday morning honestly.

If there is any significance to Ratcliffe being around then likely the decisions is already made.

Probably bollocks but a ridiculous way to run a club if true.

its the mirror, why are people getting so wound up by the mirror.

Its funny when they have headlines that people dont like.. "its for clicks"

Why are you getting so worked up over a Mirror headline?

Hear me out...what if ETH is secretly part of a massive scheme to filter funds to Ajax from United?After we sack him, he returns to Ajax who will have a big transfer money bag.

I get this horrible feeling when listening to his press conferences that he knows he isn't going to be sacked. I think he has been guaranteed by INEOS that he is going to get till the end of the season no matter what. He just doesn't seem in the least bit worried, keeps on referring to how many more games we have, I'm 100% sure he isn't getting sacked no matter what, and he's been told that too.
Maybe they think we have more chance of winning The Championship.

It's an interesting point. Well to be fair, Guardiola changed his 4-3-3 tiki taka also to make it work in Premier League & Klopp his heavy metal pressing etc.. it's normal to adapt, but our adaption is so confusing not many analyst could see the Original Ajax ETH tactics in our current setup anymore.
Adaptation suppose to change for the better. This is not adaptation.

Reports saying sacked if he looses to Villa.

I don't care if we beat Villa 10 fecking nil he has to be sacked no matter what happens this weekend.

We would be officially the worst run club in the world if he is still here on Tuesday

I'll never understand these "make or break" games even if managed to beat Porto and Villa we still would likely play out the rest of the season looking as bad as we have the last year.

Win, lose or draw against Villa, he shouldn't be our manager after it.

Does anyone think he won't be sacked if we lose to Villa?

I'm 95% sure he won't be sacked and then the media that was saying Porto and Villa were make or break for him will be saying something like how we'll take the international break to decide and then when nothing happens we will get something about them wanting to do a thorough manager search for the next manager and feel like ETH is better than any person they could get to be an interim manager.

I really don't think he is any danger until we get to December, and we are 12th in the league or below and aren't even in the playoff round for Europa.

I'm 95% sure he won't be sacked and then the media that was saying Porto and Villa were make or break for him will be saying something like how we'll take the international break to decide and then when nothing happens we will get something about them wanting to do a thorough manager search for the next manager and feel like ETH is better than any person they could get to be an interim manager.

I really don't think he is any danger until we get to December, and we are 12th in the league or below and aren't even in the playoff round for Europa.

I have a feeling you are correct here. I wouldn't believe the media, they aren't in the know. Most of them thought he was sacked regardless of the result of the FA cup final. So we just need to take what we read with a pinch of salt.

The journalists are expecting us to lose which is why they are stating its make or break.

I'm still backing him. Tired of us constantly sacking managers to then move onto someone completely different, who would want a different set of players and different set of style that will take us another 2-3 years to recover from. Give him to whole season at least and without pressure that he can be sacked at any time. The constant negativity around the club will only be detrimental right now.