Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top manager, quickly getting rid of Ronaldo who was toxic. Degea shown the door as he doesn't fit the system and maguire told hes no longer captain giving him the only option to leave.
hopefully he moved on Dvb whose been a disaster. Then mcfred. Get some money recouped Erik!

Hoping that the money he is recouping through potential sales ie Maguire, Fred, and possibly Mctominay, is money towards a push for Harry Kane next month.

Hoping that the money he is recouping through potential sales ie Maguire, Fred, and possibly Mctominay, is money towards a push for Harry Kane next month.

Levy won't sell to us. Only chance is its a last minute punt giving Levy the option of taking it or letting him go free - providing he is still at Spurs by then which I doubt.

Don't know how you can't love this guy hes perfect, can clearly see the team is coming together and he dealt with the Ronaldo, Maguire and De gea minefields ruthlessly while appearing tactful.

Just seen the Leeds game as well, 4-3-3 right? Oh hell yeah. Bruno was great towards the end of the season in a deeper role as will Eriksen and Mount.

I wouldn't call it ruthless when it's blindingly obvious.

He just done what needed to be done.

Yeah and then I hope he sends us all the money that’s left over from that sale so we can buy a pint.

If we’re making up fantasy scenarios let’s at least dream big.

I wouldn't call it ruthless when it's blindingly obvious.

He just done what needed to be done.

Yeah what the guy above said, "tactful" is also pretty key, as obvious as it is you can't just come in as a relatively unproven Dutch manager with legends and England internationals and say right you are gone. Look at the shit he got in the press with Ronaldo even after he did what he did at Spurs, the media/pundits tried to play the fans against him right.

However it happened, him departing with DDG is going to be one of the best things thats happened for ETH and for United. Im surprised we didnt do it last season as i always see the keeper as the most important part of the spine and how you play. But getting CL football, a trophy then having him replaced works too, especially if we get Onana in to pre season and let our defence work with him before the season starts.

Hopefully we get a striker that ETH wants as you can see we create quite a few chances, but miss that one part who can score (which will take off pressure from Rashford too).

He is taking the right decision with every single player, something we have not seen in 10 years

I find his inability to look good in suits and baseball caps suspect, as well as his security blanket like penchant for wanting player's he's worked with before, but otherwise have positive feelings.

Last edited:

:lol:
Its Andy Mitten, isn’t? Most known United journalist out there.
Aye, it's Mitten. They'll be taking the piss out of him on the Talk of the Devils* podcast for months after that.

*The second best United podcast in the world. Not as good as The United Hour. That's "The United Hour", home to entertaining and fascinating fan discussions. Like a fillet steak sprinkled with charm and shit microphones*

If we get Hojlund and anymore players then he's practically matched Peps £500m spend in his first two years, which is often referred to on here. Pressure is on to deliver a title challenge this season and possibly a trophy or two.
He didn't exactly start out with De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero though did he?

If we get Hojlund and anymore players then he's practically matched Peps £500m spend in his first two years, which is often referred to on here. Pressure is on to deliver a title challenge this season and possibly a trophy or two.
Prices has gone way up since Pep took over, so you can't compare it that easily.

£500m now is not the same as then.

The likes of Bruno, Rashford, Varane, Ronaldo isn't bad if we're being honest.
I don't think they're quite the same level as what City had if we're being honest. City have been one of the strongest teams in the league for 11-12 years, not once falling out of the top 4 in that time, having infinite money and a top infrastructure (partly helped by some clever accounting AKA cheating). United in contrast have been a complete mess and have needed a much more thorough rebuild.

Also, and I'm not being negative but I just don't see a title winning team with this side.

Onana
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Bruno Casemiro Mount
Antony Hojlund Rashford

Its a good team and the best side we've had for awhile but I think it's still just a top 4 team at this moment. Another year I think, if all goes well.

This logic is simply absurd imo. Pep inherited one of the best squads in Europe. Also a well run club from top to bottom.

What did ETH get? A big fecking mess. A disaster. Do you remember how it was the season before?

I don't think they're quite the same level as what City had if we're being honest. City have been one of the strongest teams in the league for 11-12 years, not once falling out of the top 4 in that time, having infinite money and a top infrastructure (partly helped by some clever accounting AKA cheating). United in contrast have been a complete mess and have needed a much more thorough rebuild.

Also, and I'm not being negative but I just don't see a title winning team with this side.

Onana
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Bruno Casemiro Mount
Antony Hojlund Rashford

Its a good team and the best side we've had for awhile but I think it's still just a top 4 team at this moment. Another year I think, if all goes well.

What do you see changing in that team in a year? A new RB maybe, but AWB has been performing very well. He's signed a CB, inherited Varane, signed a LB. Signed 2 CMs on top of Bruno, who previously was pushing KDB in terms of numbers. Then he signed Antony, maybe Hojlund and inherited Rashford. I don't see right now what he'd change since he's basically assembled this squad.

I like the way he talks about players, he always mentions their tactical awareness and communication being a huge part of this, not just their ability on the ball.

This logic is simply absurd imo. Pep inherited one of the best squads in Europe. Also a well run club from top to bottom.

What did ETH get? A big fecking mess. Do you remember how it was the season before?

Yeah of course I remember. But I also remember that we just finished third, signed that elusive GK that we apparently needed to play his football, plus Mount and any others still to come. I also remember City finishing 4th before Pep arrived, on the famous 66 points that Ole was achieving.

It's not so absurd really.

People really think Hojlund is the answer or the last piece of the puzzle? We are miles away unfortunately. ETH is good but he ain't a magician.

Yeah of course I remember. But I also remember that we just finished third, signed that elusive GK that we apparently needed to play his football, plus Mount and any others still to come. I also remember City finishing 4th before Pep arrived, on the famous 66 points that Ole was achieving.

Oh come on. Now you no longer using that 500m logic?

City finished 4th because of Peps announcement at Christmas. Until January City were on for the quadruple but the manager then lost the players.
Then there’s the stupid idea of comparing Ten Hag to a City financial assessment that doesn’t touch 115 charges

Another bald chequebook manager in Manchester buying trophies. Gimme Klopp any day and twice on Sunday.

That's because you've got Dalot starting over Wan-Bissaka.
Well he was first choice for the first half of the season and he's a better technical player than AWB although in reality neither are quite what you'd want from a top class right back. It's definitely an area we can improve but i think some fans might be disappointed by how often Dalot starts this coming season. It will be an interesting battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.