Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect (self-serving) anonymous leaks at the end of the season from players if we continue to spiral for the remaining few games talking about how Ten Hag started to lose them when constantly playing Wout and shifting other players out of their natural positions: self-interested and hypocritical (given their own form and, in some cases, ability) but, in this case, legitimate critiques nevertheless...
You can count on it.

We have no choice. Goalkeepers are notoriously difficult to replace, we buy a dud and we are totally fecked if De Gea has gone. We have no credible backup keeper anymore so we need him to stay until a new keeper is settled in.
We are absolutely fecked if De Gea stays as well. It’s not just about soft goals he lets in, it’s about the massive number of goal scoring opportunities he creates out of nowhere for our opponents. I’m sure there are many budget options that would at least not do that. Raya should be available for an affordable fee.

Even then, doesn't necessarily mean we won't go into the market and get another keeper with De Gea fighting this new one for a number 1 position.

So we are going to give De Gea a huge contract then keep him on the bench?

We scored 57 goals last season under Ole / Ralf. This was our lowest scoring season in PL history.

Currently have 49 goals with 4 games left....

We scored 57 goals last season under Ole / Ralf. This was our lowest scoring season in PL history.

It wasn't. We scored 49 goals in 2015/2016 season under Van Gaal.

He's stuck with a thin squad and some glaring holes. I think he has done very well but i knew all along we would struggle at the end of the season.
My thoughts exactly. People should also not underestimate the effect of losing both Varane and Martinez at the same time through injury.

Questions have to be asked about the away form.

It wasn't. We scored 49 goals in 2015/2016 season under Van Gaal.

Must be a Dutch thing. Do they hate scoring goals or something?

I didn’t actually think our attack could ever be as bad again as it was that season under LVG. But we’ve given it a mighty good go this season.

He's got loads of credit but his obsession with Wout the donkey is really beginning to raise question marks for me.
Martial didn’t have a good game against Brighton, the only back up he has if he drops him is Wout. The club didn’t give him any funds in January to buy a striker.

Its not ETH's fault we got Weghorst in Jan. Imagine talking about getting top 4 and getting a burnley reject on loan to cover martial? What a sorry state of affairs. There is no way on earth Ten Hag wanted this. No chance. Its not Wouts fault either. People suddenly forgiven the owners? This is on them. Our lack of depth is criminal

Martial didn’t have a good game against Brighton, the only back up he has if he drops him is Wout. The club didn’t give him any funds in January to buy a striker.

Put Rashford centrally and put Garnacho or Pellistri on the flank. Try Bruno as false number 9 and Eriksen behind him. Try some new fecking things instead of just throwing the same shit at the opponent waiting for it to work one day. Maybe these won't work but at least you get credit for trying.

Expect (self-serving) anonymous leaks at the end of the season from players if we continue to spiral for the remaining few games talking about how Ten Hag started to lose them when constantly playing Wout and shifting other players out of their natural positions: self-interested and hypocritical (given their own form and, in some cases, ability) but, in this case, legitimate critiques nevertheless...

The only players in this squad whose thoughts I really care about are Lisandro, Shaw, Casemiro, Varane and Bruno. Every one else is replaceable.

Its not ETH's fault we got Weghorst in Jan. Imagine talking about getting top 4 and getting a burnley reject on loan to cover martial? What a sorry state of affairs. There is no way on earth Ten Hag wanted this. No chance. People suddenly forgiven the owners? This is on them. Our lack of depth is criminal

So he didn't tell the club to spend whatever it takes on Antony then. Facts are he should have looked at cheaper RW then allows him to either buy ST last summer or hold out until January.

So he didn't tell the club to spend whatever it takes on Antony then. Facts are he should have looked at cheaper RW then allows him to either buy ST last summer or hold out until January.
This club shouldn't be buying cheaper options to afford a ST. Penny pinching? We have the money to buy who we need. You know this

If WW starts again I will seriously question his sanity.
HE IS feckING USELESS
Granted martial is the alternative but he has to mix it up neither WW or martial should be on the pitch again this season.

I'm still waiting for the big reveal. A huge twist. Like Wout is ETH's son or is the godfather to his eldest son or something, or he's been blackmailing Erik's family this whole time. It's the only explanation.
Ye it’s a bit like the zaha/moyes situation but obviously opposite. He didn’t get played for a specific reason where as ETH loves playing Weghorst for some kind of reason we don’t know about.

Quite hilarious how some here were confident of the 3 points against West Ham and others confident we'll secure top 4 despite Liverpool being but a point away from us.

We were far from convincing in our last win where we scraped a 1-0 win against Villa. A match where they were at times criminally handed so much space and time on the ball that it seemed an equalizer was coming. That and we have a donkey up front and we expect it to score goals. I'll take a half crocked Martial. He may may be a tad lazy but at least he'd put a chance away in dangerous areas if given the opportunity.

We are not making top 4 unless we get very lucky with other results. The way we're playing at the moment doesn't instill any confidence we'll secure a champions league spot.

Yeah with a number 9 vs this year without....

Whats your point if its meant to be a negative one?

We have no choice. Goalkeepers are notoriously difficult to replace, we buy a dud and we are totally fecked if De Gea has gone. We have no credible backup keeper anymore so we need him to stay until a new keeper is settled in.

So it's playing the devil you know philosophy then.

Yeah with a number 9 vs this year without....

Whats your point if its meant to be a negative one?

Who is to blame for that? He gave the club the okay to spend 85m on a winger who hasn't worked out at all. Maybe he should have spent it more wisely and bought some cheaper players who could actually contribute

Jesus Christ. What do you expect him to say? He's clearly attempting damage control to try and keep De Gea's head in the game. People are absolutely losing their shit.
How does publicly telling the world you want to keep him and for him to sign a new contract support De Gea, if you are not acting exactly like that behind the scenes and entering good faith negotiations?

Quite hilarious how some here were confident of the 3 points against West Ham and others confident we'll secure top 4 despite Liverpool being but a point away from us.

We were far from convincing in our last win where we scraped a 1-0 win against Villa. A match where they were at times criminally handed so much space and time on the ball that it seemed an equalizer was coming. That and we have a donkey up front and we expect it to score goals. I'll take a half crocked Martial. He may may be a tad lazy but at least he'd put a chance away in dangerous areas if given the opportunity.

We are not making top 4 unless we get very lucky with other results. The way we're playing at the moment doesn't instill any confidence we'll secure a champions league spot.

Yeah there is some serious egg on faces

How does publicly telling the world you want to keep him and for him to sign a new contract support De Gea, if you are not acting exactly like that behind the scenes and entering good faith negotiations?

Yeah hopefully he has had the word behind scenes that what's being said in public is not the truth and he's going in the summer

Didn't ten Hag also say Ronaldo was a big part of his plans before getting binned? We are at the end of the season and this new contract still hasn't been signed. I'm choosing to assume that even if De Gea does renew (for one year on massively reduced wages), he will be kept on to aid the transition (and provide competition) but that we'll still bring in a new goalkeeper in the summer.

Didn't ten Hag also say Ronaldo was a big part of his plans before getting binned? We are at the end of the season and this new contract still hasn't been signed. I'm choosing to assume that even if De Gea does renew (for one year on massively reduced wages), he will be kept on to aid the transition (and provide competition) but that we'll still bring in a new goalkeeper in the summer.

Costa under Qatari ownership please

Ronaldo was still part of his plans until he committed arson and burnt every last bridge. People forget that after handling the Ronaldo situation well, he fecked it by repeatedly playing Ronaldo for 90 minutes, handed him the captain’s armband to boot, and then had Ronaldo embarrass him and the entire club with that interview. It was Ronaldo who dumped us.

This might be an excuse if he didn’t play Wout as a no.10 with Eriksen & Bruno were on the pitch.

I kind of got the January transfer of Wout but once he failed emphatically as a striker his chances should have been limited. We got away with it in Barca, where he missed a great chance but ran around a lot & he’s been living off that game since.

He’s symptomatic of the issues we’ve had in the last decade, short term & no upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.