Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking, Martial is back, Erickson is back, Varane rested, Shaw rested (I think), this is close to a full strength squad as we’ve had for ages. Then Rashford gets injured. Shame but not TH’s fault. Rashford is a confidence player. We need to keep him playing and scoring so that he keeps up his form.
I think Shaw is injured

There’s a few on here who I thought were taking the piss out of the moaners and were trolling, but nope they’re actually just clueless.

I'd have thought you'd be keeping a low profile here this weekend...

The decision to play Bruno deeper has paid off. Good stuff.
?
Deserves credit for inspired selection of Bruno in a deeper playmaker role. Sabitzer, McT and Fred too look so much better when they are not the ones expected to hold. The future of our team has to be more of this three-man midfield shape rather than a double pivot. Let our midfielders who want to run, who want to engage the opposition and who want to move into space do so, and complement them with players who can hold and dictate play from deep.
That is how we line up all the time when Casemiro plays
No one in here say they didn’t play the highest line. Highest line doesn’t mean they played lot of high press because how can a team played high press if the opposition teams didn’t play from the back?
They played high line and did high pressing, what don‘t you understand? Total suffocation of the opponent.

Richard Keys has aimed digs at Ten Hag all season. And he made it quite clear what he felt of the United chief’s words on his beIN SPORTS show.

“Erik, as regards the scheduling and injuries, it’s the English Premier League,” said the former Sky Sport anchor.

“If you don’t like it, there is always of course Eredivisie, where you can go and ply your trade.”

Richard Keys has aimed digs at Ten Hag all season. And he made it quite clear what he felt of the United chief’s words on his beIN SPORTS show.

“Erik, as regards the scheduling and injuries, it’s the English Premier League,” said the former Sky Sport anchor.

“If you don’t like it, there is always of course Eredivisie, where you can go and ply your trade.”
Wouldn't expect anything other than a fark orf back to your own country from Richard "The England Manager MUST Always be English" Keys.

:lol:

What a twat. As if the problem is the PL and not the three other competitions, the mid-season world cup and the 96-year old lady that died and "forced" them to reschedule games.

Did he say that when Klopp and Wenger (hypocritically the season after digging out Ferguson for saying it) was saying the same?

Got to give him credit as always for finding new solutions just a shame that he found it in the last two game before Casemiro and Eriksen returned.

I also thought he could've taken Rashford off earlier but his work here is clear. I think he'll look back at this season and realise he made some mistakes in the PL in the same way Pep did but he seems smart enough to know exactly what's needed for next season.

Just hope we can secure top 4 and another cup.

What. A. cnut.

They played high line and did high pressing, what don‘t you understand? Total suffocation of the opponent.
High pressing is used to teams that play from the back. Explain to me how did they do high pressing if the opposition team didn’t play from the back? That’s what I don’t understand so can you please stop avoiding my question and start answering.

Wouldn't expect anything other than a fark orf back to your own country from Richard "The England Manager MUST Always be English" Keys.

Wonder if any local Qatari has said anything like that to him before -- because I am betting that he bitches about the weather, people, food and everything else while living in Doha.

I'd be interested to see how we set up against Brighton and Spurs when we play them. Results in both games would be a key indicator of on whether we've improved against better opposition away. Can't wait until we get some reinforcements in midfield and in attack

Got to give him credit as always for finding new solutions just a shame that he found it in the last two game before Casemiro and Eriksen returned.

I also thought he could've taken Rashford off earlier but his work here is clear. I think he'll look back at this season and realise he made some mistakes in the PL in the same way Pep did but he seems smart enough to know exactly what's needed for next season.

Just hope we can secure top 4 and another cup.

Remember that Guardiola had whatever resources he wanted to sort things out,right now Erik hasn't got that luxury which is so wrong

?

That is how we line up all the time when Casemiro plays

Bruno has been playing deeper in recent matches. That’s a fact.

Classic Pogue racism!

Strange, most Norwegians i've spoken to are happy with ETH and think Ole had to go when he did. Many of us even think he should've been sacked earlier, even though we wanted him to succeed.

“most” “many of us”

There you go. I’m certainly not accusing all Noggies of having irrational faith in Ole, which translated to irrational prejudice against ETH. Only takes a few to notice a trend.

High pressing is used to teams that play from the back. Explain to me how did they do high pressing if the opposition team didn’t play from the back? That’s what I don’t understand so can you please stop avoiding my question and start answering.
That is totally irrelevant. The high press is used to force the other team to go long or force them into a mistake. The end result is the same: getting the ball back.

Odious hairy-handed little gimp desperately trying to stay relevant.

Whats his problem?

As far as his decision to not take Rashford off, groins can go at any time, but in this match he had done a LOT of high intensity sprints all game, more than he has probably done in any game all season most likely so its probably what did for him.

If a player is not injury prone, is not showing signs of fatigue, and is an important player, he is usually kept on the pitch for most of the 90 minutes. You can check how often Haaland is taken off before 90 minutes or similarly Saka in the PL.
Managers will not let these low probability events influence their decision making, especially when the game is just at 2-0. Thats why this criticism of Rashford not being substituted or Casemiro not brought off is classic hindsight crazy talk for me. A manager cannot base his decisions on such low probability events else he will always be second guessing himself.
Additionally, whenever there has been a situation that has warranted taking a more risk appropriate approach, Ten Hag has shown that he is not afraid to do that. Varane for example is injury prone and is adequately rested, even for PL games. Martial similarly is not being rushed back even though we are light up front.
well said

That is totally irrelevant. The high press is used to force the other team to go long or force them into a mistake. The end result is the same: getting the ball back.

It is relevant because High Pressing is a zonal defending mechanism in football that teams use to win possession of the ball near or inside the final/attacking third to score a goal on a fast attack. Back in the day teams always go long kick because they don’t play from the back like these days.

qnsE17r1BEfe.jpg

Was this directly to ETH? Sounds way too strong for someone as smarmy as Keys.

It is relevant because High Pressing is a zonal defending mechanism in football that teams use to win possession of the ball near or inside the final/attacking third to score a goal on a fast attack. Back in the day teams always go long kick because they don’t play from the back like these days.

qnsE17r1BEfe.jpg
The high press forces the long ball. Without the high press, they can play out the back.

High pressing teams force the long ball when the opposing team can‘t play through the press and opt to go long.

Basically what you are saying is exactly the opposite.

The high press forces the long ball. Without the high press, they can play out the back.

High pressing teams force the long ball when the opposing team can‘t play through the press and opt to go long.

Basically what you are saying is exactly the opposite.

Are you implying that back then all teams played high press hence why the opposition chose to play long ball and long goal kick?

If that’s the case then that’s where I disagree and I claimed you to be wrong because back then all teams didn’t play high press, they chose to play long not because high press but because the term of playing from the back wasn’t the trend of football back in the days.

By the same rationale then he should not blame the FA for the fixture planning either. But he does.

It's not the same. Terrible logic if you think so.
FA has no one to answer too, they can schedule whatever and nothing we can do about that.
ETH has his boss, and fan to answer to if he didn't win the game. This game contribute to our final standing.
It's totally understandable to call out the FA if the schedule they gave us is bad. After all if he didn't, who will? Other team's manager? It's funny how a supposed "United fan" like you can't see that and decide to defend the FA.

And your point is rather silly. The game is not won at the first minute. But it is won on 75 minutes, when you’re 2-0 up against a dreadful Everton. And medical research clearly shows that chances of muscular injury increase over the duration of games, with most injuries occurring in the last quarter of the game. So while you can get injured in the first or the 80th minute, the probability of the latter happening is orders of magnitude higher.

It's easy for you to say the game is won at 75 minutes, but for a manager it's actually is not. It should not need to be explained but for people like ETH and our players, the game is won when the referee blow the whistle, unless we are up by a lot and there are not much time left, which is not the case here. Arguing all you want but 2-0 up at 75 minutes is not safe.
Not to mention wanting Rashford to have more actual minute with Martial is a reasonable logic.
And why 75 minutes is the mark? If Rashford got injured at 76,74,73....60 minutes, what then?

If you do not rest and protect your most valuable players (the ones who also have the most minutes on the clock over the season) when you have the chance to do it, but then lash out at the FA for not doing it for you, then all you’ll get is eye rolls.

Eye roles from "fan" like you perharp. I don't see many of other fan defend the FA over our manager, except certain fanbase of a certain player.

Is this the new type of "football fan" nowaday? Like they are not fan of a club but of certain players?

I only hope our manager and other player have as much "protection" from "fan" as Rashford. Must be great to our dressing room.

Last edited:
Was this directly to ETH? Sounds way too strong for someone as smarmy as Keys.

Oh no, he wouldn’t have the balls to do that.

He’s been digging out EtH all season, to the point I’ve actually stopped watching Bein now. The gimp trying to stay relevant comment is spot on.

Seemed to be a deliberate tactic of playing an early ball over Everton's high defensive line in the first half, knowing full well our forwards would outpace them. Credit to Ten Hag - he does his research on the opposition. I wasnt expecting Dyche to play such a high line but clearly our players knew they would as they were pinging early balls from the first minute.

I think because of how poor De Gea can be at playing out, teams see pressing us high and forcing De Gea to rush his distribution as a way to make us dysfunctional.

That can absolutely work as we have seen, but it also can allow us to play to one of our strengths over the past few years. So when they get the press / high line wrong like they did yesterday, we have a lot of time and space to kill teams.

What a stupid, obviously xenophobic twat.

On a separate note, ETH should have taken Rashford and Bruno off the moment Utd we’re 2-0 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.