Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is cooking up some sick curry with average ingredients. After the newcastle defeat we have started both games on the front foot and played some beautiful stuff in the first half. More about control in the second.

This dumb line of thinking is straight out of the 'Boris has done his best' playbook.

I have vehemently defended the guy but he's taken risks a couple of times this season and he's been bitten on the arse - first the Casemiro yellow and now this. He could have got away with it but he didn't, so fair's fair.

Playing 3 games in 6 days after a crazy season is one of the most obvious places to rest someone.
Yeh your clearly one of the ones I'm talking about. There's always a risk of injury to any player at any time, doing this type of doom mongering is pointless. For all we know he was going to be taken off 2 minutes after his injury anyway. Just give it a rest, we played really well today, just enjoy that.

This dumb line of thinking is straight out of the 'Boris has done his best' playbook.

I have vehemently defended the guy but he's taken risks a couple of times this season and he's been bitten on the arse - first the Casemiro yellow and now this. He could have got away with it but he didn't, so fair's fair.

Playing 3 games in 6 days after a crazy season is one of the most obvious places to rest someone.
One of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on here. And bringing Johnson into it is utterly asinine. Good god. Seek help.

We just need to fix our away form. It’s kinda wild the difference between home and away. It’s like watching 2 different teams…

Yeh your clearly one of the ones I'm talking about. There's always a risk of injury to any player at any time, doing this type of doom mongering is pointless. For all we know he was going to be taken off 2 minutes after his injury anyway. Just give it a rest, we played really well today, just enjoy that.
No, what you and others like you are doing are dropping your shite posts preemptively, so you can then take your juvenile higher moral ground in the face of fair criticism.

EtH has taken off big players immediately after sealing the game this season and he was slow to do so today with Rashford. Contrast this to how he handles Antony who's also been injury-prone this season and you'd understand the point if you stopped trying to point-score in top red league for a second

Deserves credit for inspired selection of Bruno in a deeper playmaker role. Sabitzer, McT and Fred too look so much better when they are not the ones expected to hold. The future of our team has to be more of this three-man midfield shape rather than a double pivot. Let our midfielders who want to run, who want to engage the opposition and who want to move into space do so, and complement them with players who can hold and dictate play from deep.

Thought he made some brilliant tweaks today. Switched the focus to direct long balls and winning duels all over the pitch, used the pace of attackers to surprise Everton in behind and used Bruno as a 6.

Seriously, we have people blaming ETH for Rashford's injury ? Just shut the feck up.

No, what you and others like you are doing are dropping your shite posts preemptively, so you can then take your juvenile higher moral ground in the face of fair criticism.

EtH has taken big players immediately after sealing the game this season and he was slow to do so today with Rashford. Contrast this to how he handles Antony who's also been injury-prone this season and you'd understand the point if you stopped trying to point-score in top red league for a second
I'm not preemptively doing anything, I posted because a couple of the usual doom mongers were straight in here to criticise EtH about not subbing him off instead of praising a great win, it's proper weird.

And yes, sometimes you take off big players and other times you don't, sometimes it works out for you, sometimes it doesn't, that's just the way it is. Some of you just look for any excuse to have a go at our manager lately, it's fecking ridiculous.

EtH has taken off big players immediately after sealing the game this season and he was slow to do so today with Rashford. Contrast this to how he handles Antony who's also been injury-prone this season and you'd understand the point if you stopped trying to point-score in top red league for a second
He took Antony off when it was still only 1-0. In the past he has also taken Antony off when we were not winning or the result wasn’t secured yet.
So maybe he just trusts Rashford more (than Antony) to have an impact even in the 90th minute.

I'm not preemptively doing anything, I posted because a couple of the usual doom mongers were straight in here to criticise EtH about not subbing him off instead of praising a great win, it's proper weird.

And yes, sometimes you take off big players and other times you don't, sometimes it works out for you, sometimes it doesn't, that's just the way it is. Some of you just look for any excuse to have a go at our manager lately, it's fecking ridiculous.
Show me where I've done that.

The moment some of us make a point that goes against the grain, it's a tsunami of the same old, tired posts.

This might seem like unfair and harsh criticism but it's the major EtH weakness that has been highlighted to us before be arrived - he doesn't like rotating much and especially his top guys.

People criticise Pep for some of his wild rotation but this is partly why they also finish strong - their big players are fresh but raring to go for the final sprint each season.

Anyway, I still think he's doing a great job but it'll be a tough 2 months without our top goalscorer (unless we get lucky he's back in 3/4, instead of 5/6/7 weeks).

Discussion on a forum, call the police. Some people's feelings were hurt again.

Your thoughts on the team and manager carry no insight whatsoever and no one is interested in reading them. Most people here will have put you on ignore by now, including me. I just wanted to let you know this before I stop reading your posts forever. Hopefully you start doing something better with your time.

Show me where I've done that.

The moment some of us make a point that goes against the grain, it's a tsunami of the same old, tired posts.

This might seem like unfair and harsh criticism but it's the major EtH weakness that has been highlighted to us before be arrived - he doesn't like rotating much and especially his top guys.

People criticise Pep for some of his wild rotation but this is partly why they also finish strong - their big players are fresh but raring to go for the final sprint each season.

Anyway, I still think he's doing a great job but it'll be a tough 2 months without our top goalscorer (unless we get lucky he's back in 3/4, instead of 5/6/7 weeks).
I was talking in general, not just about you.

I just think the criticism is completely unnecessary, as I said in my post every manager takes a chance keeping their big name players on, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

And Pep has a stacked squad where the quality doesn't really drop when he takes off one player for another, that's why he's able to do it.

Your thoughts on the team and manager carry no insight whatsoever and no one is interested in reading them. Most people here will have put you on ignore by now, including me. I just wanted to let you know this before I stop reading your posts forever. Hopefully you start doing something better with your time.
Well, I hope your primary school teacher treats you well. Certainly, you've got the level right in that post.

The future of our team has to be more of this three-man midfield shape rather than a double pivot. Let our midfielders who want to run, who want to engage the opposition and who want to move into space do so, and complement them with players who can hold and dictate play from deep.

I've said a million times, we just need 3 competent midfielders and we will hit heights never seen before in last 10 years.

I've also said, ten Hag seems to know that also, with how he plays Bruno.

I'm just crossing my fingers we find 2 high quality midfielders, we will turn extremely well

Can we please reserve this space to discuss ETH - the manager - and not injuries that can happen to anyone at anytime.

Tusen takk nordmenn!

The guy can't win. If he subs off his best attackers he gets backlash for sitting back, defending and inviting pressure, if he doesn't it's his fault someone gets injured.

Blaming ETH for Rashford pulling a groin is beyond stupidity.

We clearly came out well for the game, and should have much more comfortably, but ETH can't be blamed for the finishing.

Can we please reserve this space to discuss ETH - the manager - and not injuries that can happen to anyone at anytime.

Blame the mods. There was a separate ETH subs thread but they closed it and said to continue in this thread. So here we are.

The guy can't win. If he subs off his best attackers he gets backlash for sitting back, defending and inviting pressure, if he doesn't it's his fault someone gets injured.

You guys just love your hyperboles. 2-0 at home against a demoralised relegation fodder. Pellistri for Rashford is a no risk move in that situation.

Blame the mods. There was a separate ETH subs thread but they closed it and said to continue in this thread. So here we are.
Yeah, there's always mega threads around. Who dare to even start new threads these days at the caf when they get closed.

Must admit I was expecting Rashford to come off when I saw the subs getting ready. Considering his workload I do think he should have come off the minute we went 2-0 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.