Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, please sign some press resistant players in the summer.

The coaching is there, but that will only take us so far without said players. Players who can shield the ball under pressure, who have the agility to turn and lose their man, who can dribble to open teams up and capitalise on counter attacks.

A complete and utter idiot for subbing off Bruno at 60 mins. He's fecking suspended for the second leg, keep him on and kill them on counter ffs.
Wout and Elanga were poor but at least it was understandable as Martial and Sancho weren't involved much in the 2nd half and in Martial's case he probably only had 60 minutes in him. Bruno coming off was an odd one though.

only decision i didnt get was subbing bruno off, and that was only because of being out the 2nd leg already

Very naive to take off important players early, we were 2-0 up, not 3 or 4.

You can start taking off players at 80minutes if you're 2-0 ahead.

Baffling

The goals were conceded were shite.

Malacia should do better. The second one was just a pure rat goal out of nothing.

I think the subs are going to be overstated here.

Terrible and too early subs.
Season could end like total fiasco with all these injuries, I am really sceptic tbh.

Not been impressed by his game management since the cup win. Far too early to turn on him but needs to get a grip. Lets be honest, the triple sub was bizarre given how we were controlling the game

Did he really sub Bruno after 60'?

Hmm. I have a few questions about his choices today. We should've won by at least 2 goals so it's not on ETH.

I still can’t grasp that triple sub though. Bruno is suspended for next leg so why not keep him on at least?

And there’s never reason to bring Weghorst on. He’s more of a hindrance than anything else.

The answers to both are extremely obvious: There is another match on Sunday in which Bruno needs to start, and because Martial is made of glass and still not fully fit, so playing him 90 minutes is not a good idea.

We haven’t got the squad to try and win every trophy in his first season, said it months ago. It’s all well and good wanting to win everything but it takes time and was no need to rush it and want to win everything this year, hopefully keep it together and get champions league next year somehow and then build on that.

Malacia should do better. The second one was just a pure rat goal out of nothing.

Literally, fecking literally, people were arguing to take Rashford off at 2-0. He didn't and people complained. Today, he takes players off at 2-0 and people complain again. You cannot make it up.

We deserved It. Think we needed to bring on Fred if we were settling.

Our inability to do anything when we lose a man (injury or sending off) is shocking and has been for some time.

Taking off Bruno was weird, but understandable as he was missing next week and we wanted to see sabitzer / eriksen and casemiro together. Weird as I think the subs stopped any chance we would score a third.
Which 2-0 is still fine but we had no ability to keep the ball too.

However Malacia sleeping basically just invited them back in, and then the injury gave them all the belief. If Malacia clears we see the game out

and it should be, how does it make sense to not try and kill off the game now so you can rest players in the 2nd leg?

Why take off Bruno I didn't get that one?

Thats the only one that was a bit dodgy. The rest were pretty logical substitutes in the state of the game, the issue was the subs are below the standard required.

People will overreact because we conceded two jammy deflected goals..

No manager can manage this squad through a game every three days, for months on end. It’s not sustainable. City struggles with it and they have two world class XI’s, compared to United which barely even has one complete XI. The team is exhausted and they’re breaking down.

We were never in control of the game after the first 30. By taking off everyone who could score a goal so early.. well feck me. Left us with no attack whatsover.

Criticised for not resting players, criticised for subbing players when 2-0 up.
He could have rested them months ago instead of getting to the business end of the season with them all fecked from so many games. What’s the point in playing them all season only to start making changes in quarter finals.

Today of all days, he decides to start resting our players including the guy who incidentally can't play next week. What a load of guff. Idiotic management.

I'd love to hear his explanation for the triple substitution because to me it defies all logic.

So we don’t have Varane, Rashford, Martinez, Mctominay and Shaw.

This manager and team have zero luck. Literally a day after we had a full squad, it reverts to our players being injured.

We have Zero quality depth in key positions.

He definitely makes some weird changes sometimes. The play in the first half was really good though, got to still cling on to the promising signs.

He could have rested them months ago instead of getting to the business end of the season with them all fecked from so many games. What’s the point in playing them all season only to start making changes in quarter finals.
Eriksen needs minutes and Bruno was suspended for next week. Martial obviously needs to be managed. The only question I have is why no Fred but he seems to have been on the naughty step past few games.

You see all the people come out who never post anywhere else to say "ALL ON ETH" same people who were going mental when he didn't take Rashford off or if we didn't rest Bruno for the weekend and then he plays terribly, bunch of morons.

Literally, fecking literally, people were arguing to take Rashford off at 2-0. He didn't and people complained. Today, he takes players off at 2-0 and people complain again. You cannot make it up.
What an absolute horrendous take as if it's anything close to being similar. You guys are actually mental.

Criticised for not resting players, criticised for subbing players when 2-0 up.
His job is to do it right. He didn't rest players in league cup and Fa cup against shit clubs. But in big game like this he subs crucial players 30 minutes before end.
Yeah, this was bad management.

I'd say there's some key differences. In the Everton match we were completely dominant and still had top players all around. Today Sevilla was already getting back into the match before the subs, it was only the first of a two legged tie, and we ended up with a very weak line-up because of the combination of subs.

I'm guessing the Bruno sub was to give Casemiro-Eriksen-Sabitzer a run out since we'll be using that in the second leg, but in that case Bruno should have come out to the left instead of bringing on Elanga.

I think Bruno took a knock too be fair, no problems with that sub for me. Martinez freak injury not his fault either.

Not too arsed about the result, or the competition. The injuries really blow however.

The Pellistri sub was very unnecessary. Too many like for like substitution with no attempt to see the game off.

Let’s be honest. We didn’t play a good game today overall. Actually, pretty bad with all things considered. I didn’t expect we are not in control of this game at all.

I shouldn't but I have some concerns about him. We never really boss games and our play has gotten worse but that could be down to the hectic schedule.

Feel like he has somewhat been carried by Rashford and Cas but then he has been let down by a few.

If the money is there he needs to be ruthless this summer. No more chances for some, no matter how we end the season.

Pressure will be on next year especially if we have new owners.

You see all the people come out who never post anywhere else to say "ALL ON ETH" same people who were going mental when he didn't take Rashford off or if we didn't rest Bruno for the weekend and then he plays terribly, bunch of morons.
I mean if that logic is on and true, he would have been rested more often or sub often but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.