Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't judge him on a single game. The big picture is still a great first season and he obviously deserves continued support.
Well we’ll see. You do wonder what this result will do to the rest of our season. top four isn’t done yet and we’ve tough knockout games.
Top managers don’t lose games 7-0. That’s three hammerings this season too, he’s been given the plaudits a lot recently so any criticism coming after that is justified.

Well we’ll see. You do wonder what this result will do to the rest of our season. top four isn’t done yet and we’ve tough knockout games.
Top managers don’t lose games 7-0. That’s three hammerings this season too, he’s been given the plaudits a lot recently so any criticism coming after that is justified.
Catalyst like Brentford

Why? I see teams like Brighton play better possession with lesser players. A manager who wants control doesn’t play with players all over the pitch. Weghorst at 10? Bruno on the left? He plays with a double pivot. I’m concerned about this part of our play.
Brighton has better technical players than many of ours at key positions (Look at Fred/Dalot/Weghorst,/Bruno among others). They recruit players specifically for a type of football. Don't get me wrong we need to be a lot better but not with many of these lot

Bad loss. 2-0, 3-0 fine but, 7-0 is a bit much. What he needs to do now is make sure this isn't a downturn. Maybe grind out a couple of 1-0 or 2-0 wins over the next couple of matches and bring the confidence back to the denfence.

It's concerning that he doesn't seem to be learning lessons.

It was a huge mistake to start Dalot against Newcastle but he managed to get away with it but he didn't learn from it and started Dalot again today.

In matches against the other big teams you have to have defenders that can defend properly especially away from home.
That’s why I’m surprised to hear that we don’t need a new RB. Defending properly is fine but Awb is useless on the ball and poor in the air too. Rb is a priority this summer or should be

Qatar be looking at 4 nil to Brentford, 6-3 to City and 7-0 to Liverpool and getting Zidane on the phone. Sucks but they will be changing the manager.

Not really. What matters is the team's position in the table at the end and how many trophies we won. If we finish 3rd and win the EL for example alongside the League Cup, there's no reason for any new owners to think about changing coaches.

Bohley is an incompetent fool. If Qatar are too then we best steer clear of them. PSG are a different level right now and cannot be compare to us.
Odd how PSG are different and can't be compared, but Nice and Lausanne can be regularly brought up to assess how Sir Jim would run us...

ETH just given an apology to the fans especially those who stayed till the end and described today as unprofessional and the team played as individuals but not a team. Also said we will gain energy from this (when asked about if United were tired from too many games).

The reaction to the scoreline will be mental and those journalists who have never kicked a ball in their life will tell you that ETH I'd out of his depth and that our players aren't good enough when in reality these things happen in sport. Upsets happen all the time. Freak results are common.

The only criticism I have tonight is the players. I'm not sure anything ETH couldve done differently that would've prevented that anomaly of a game.

Anyone calling for ten Hag head is deluded. He's done a pretty good job, he fecked up today big time.

But make no mistake, results like these are always on the players. The same team that went toe to toe with Liverpool on the first half crumbled in the second half. This is not about tactics, it's about mentality and the players throwing the towel.

Many of these players must leave in the summer. We need big chances.

You can't judge him on a single game. The big picture is still a great first season and he obviously deserves continued support.
Good first season but not great. Champions league spot is a big improvement but great seasons dont include a 7-0 loss to our biggest rivals, worst loss in 93 years. Absolutely not a great season. Good yes, great nope.

Klopp has lost games by enormous margins.

We’ll react. We have 4 of the next 5 at home in the Pl and that includes Southampton, Brentford and Everton. We are in a great shape re top 4

We absolutely need more competition even for spots like Casemiro's, Fernandes, Shaw, DDG these players if they have an off game, the catastrophic scenario is on.. Great job putting in McTominay after what certainly everyone must have thought would be his last game in our shirt. There is just a lot of naivity about Eric. Think he will get it right but night like this it's totally unaccaptable. Apologetic letter to fans in place.

But as humiliating as it was it's good that it happened now and showed how far off the title contention we are. If Liverpool decide to play first gear football, they can play us off the park and their defence is still quite shit. Need to up our standards..

ETH is going to have to take some stick for this. You can’t lose 7-0 to Liverpool.

Today was a failing of his players and not him though.

Anyone that thinks that's on the manager needs their heads checked.

We were unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time. Should've scored a few ourselves.

Every single one of those players had a mare and bottled it. We could've had Fergie and Busby on the sidelines and the same thing would have happened. It wasn't a systemic problem. The players lost their heads

Disgraceful result today. No 'good' manager should be losing that horrendously against there biggest rivals, especially one who haven't been good themselves all season. He has quite a bit of goodwill, but the mauling and humiliating defeats (three already this season) need to stop.

Ten Hag isn’t a possession manager. Let’s not go overboard

He IS a possession manager. How is such an obvious thing not clear to everyone I'll never know.

I know and we need to have that in our locker to control the momentum and control the games in this league.

No we don't. Keeper and new CM needed. Then we'll control games and play similar to City and Arsenal.

Absolutely fuming with the team but he didn't help himself playing Weghorst at Anfield and binning Bruno to the wing where he's ineffective, giving TAA a walk in the park.

He's done amazingly well and just needs to finish as well as possible this season because we're not winning the league.

He got it completely wrong. Taa was there for the taking and having Bruno there made no sense when Bruno has either played centrally or on the right recently.

Hopefully we bounce back like we did v city. We got some nice games coming up to bounce back with betisx2, Southampton and Fulham cup game

Awful performance. I still stand behind him, but we have had a lot of really bad results.

The cup win gives me hope though that we can win titles, but it was the same with Mourinho and we never won the league under him.

Ole is bound to be smiling today. This performance makes his 5-0 humbling look like a close game. We need a picture of him giving the thumbs up.
I'm bloody sure he won't be smiling at all

Truth to be told carabao is a crap cup and even fans wont remember it for few years. But this bukake will stay here forever, unless we win 8:0.

Anyone criticising ETH needs to give their heads a wobble. We need at least three players for the starting 11 then 4/5 more as backups capable of playing how he wants to. He’s done a phenomenal job but we are still a work in progress.

Thanks for everything Erik but it's time to GET OUT
No white text? Bugger me.

Anyway, tough one for Ten Hag. He now has to balance hammering the players and telling them what a disgrace they were today in that second half but also keep them onside. We will only know once we kick off against Betis.

The players let him down ffs.

We got done 5-0 by Newcastle and people called for Fergies head. We then got done by Soton 6-3 same season I think. Happens.

The individual errors and random slips and bounces contributed to a mental game.

Love Erik, but he's had a bit of a clanger today. Also what is this business with starting Antony over Sancho. Sancho needs a bit more grit true, but he's about 5x the player Antony is.

Neither Sancho or Antony have shown since they have been with us that they are yet at the required level. But I think starting Anthony over Sancho was the logical decision. At least you usually get a bit of work rate with Antony. Sancho would most likely have been the invisible man again.

it's a beating...against a team we all despise but whether it's 1-0 or 7-0, it is still only 3 points and nothing more than that

10 of those individuals take their lead from their captain. Who loses his head about 10 times a game even when things are going well.

Good first season but not great. Champions league spot is a big improvement but great seasons dont include a 7-0 loss to our biggest rivals, worst loss in 93 years. Absolutely not a great season. Good yes, great nope.
We are still in the cups and comfortably in 3rd place. My expectations were lower given the mess he took over.

Absolutely fuming with the team but he didn't help himself playing Weghorst at Anfield and binning Bruno to the wing where he's ineffective, giving TAA a walk in the park.

He's done amazingly well and just needs to finish as well as possible this season because we're not winning the league.

It worked for 95% of the first half to be fair when we were the better team.

Funnily enough before the season my best case for this season was comfortable top 4, a cup, system implementation with the odd garbage game here and there. Like when Pep lost 4-0 to Everton in his first season and Rooney scored a hat trick.

We play a high risk style of football now. Disasters shouldn't happen, but they can.

Truth to be told carabao is a crap cup and even fans wont remember it for few years. But this bukake will stay here forever, unless we win 8:0.
We’ve had enough batterings this past decade for this to melt into those. A trophy is forever a part of the football clubs achievements. The Carabao may not be the biggest but breaking the 6 year gap was huge

Status
Not open for further replies.