Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you so. There has be feck all progress under him. No different to the Ole era bar an easy league cup.
Sorry but this is a joke. Arsenal, Palace and today the 11 out on the pitch have been left hung out to dry by the manager
I love Ten Hag but if we keep losing like this to our main rivals then he can feck off.

:lol:
Sometimes I think fan ownership would be great but then I see this stuff.

What is McTominay supposed to offer as a sub when we are 3-0 down?

Who would you rather? Fred was playing poorly.

The lack of a half time change has really baffled me today given how they’ve continually paid off of late.

Getting away with Wout against Newcastle & West Ham is one thing but I’m sure he dragged him off at half time against Barca. . .

You simply cannot get away with 10.25 men at Anfield.

Each to their own I guess but I would gladly take 2 thrashings per season if we keep 73% win percentage and winning trophies.

We are on course for a 75 point season. Ole managed 74 once. Mourinho 81.

There is massive progress from last season, but it has hardly been that great. We are essentially having a similar season to that Ole season when we finished second.

That was on him and the coaching team (wtf with these short corners). It happens. We move on.

I do feel however we underestimate Liverpool. That's the same Liverpool that for 40 minutes was hammering real. They only difference is that real took advantage of Alison's blunder, while we did not.

Hopelessly wrong today.

Wout is a fecking cabbage. He works hard but he's useless with a football. We're not playing Rashford vs TAA because Wout is in the team. He has no place playing in a top level premier league match full stop.

Bruno and Antony also need replaced in the summer. Because they are not going to cut it long term. These bigger away games repeatedly make that shockingly clear.

There is massive progress from last season, but it has hardly been that great. We are essentially having a similar season to that Ole season when we finished second.

Which was his 3rd year. Nobody is saying that we do not need more. If Casemiro is not in God mode we suffer indeed. That's why we need a striker and another cm who can playmake a bit.

He might go on and win many titles for us but this today, he won’t be forgiven for.

He seems to have that same trait Pep has. While Pep is a genius and wins the majority of his games, whenever he loses you can feel his team will get humiliated. He doesn't know how to lose in a respected manner. Ten Hag seems to have the same flaw unfortunately. We didn't lose much this season but they were all humiliating defeats..Brentford, Villa, City, Liverpool.

Maybe all bald managers are like this.

ETH has always known we’re not the finished article. He’s always said take it game by game so he knows there’s a lot of work to do! It’s 1 loss in a while… the question is how will we respond to this?!

Let's see what we end up with. It's ETH's first season and we have started it terribly, needed some time to pick up form. We have been in a very good form since with some slumps along the way. People need to chill a bit. TOP 4 was always our realistic expectation in his first season and as of now we are well on track for that.

ETH has always known we’re not the finished article. He’s always said take it game by game so he knows there’s a lot of work to do! It’s 1 loss in a while… the question is how will we respond to this?!

It's not 1 loss that is the problem - it's that we are being made fun of by a crap Liverpool-side who have struggled to score against everyone.

He might go on and win many titles for us but this today, he won’t be forgiven for.

Yeap, I mean I love SAF and all but when I think back on his career it's only the 1-5 & 1-6 derby defeats, the 5-0s vs Newcastle & Chelsea and the 3-6 against So'ton that I remember. I still haven't forgiven him for those. Never will. It's cool winning shedloads of trophies but you can never lose by a big scoreline. :wenger:

Attitude all wrong today. As soon as Casemiro gave away his 3rd pass in a row i knew we were not going to win this. Those fecks didn't even have to play well today. Disgraceful performance.

Yeap, I mean I love SAF and all but when I think back on his career it's only the 1-5 & 1-6 derby defeats, the 5-0s vs Newcastle & Chelsea and the 3-6 against So'ton that I remember. I still haven't forgiven him for those. Never will. It's cool winning shedloads of trophies but you can never lose by a big scoreline. :wenger:

Actually none of these are comparable to losing by 5-0 to Liverpool. Who gives a shit about Newcastle or Southampton anyway ?

It's not 1 loss that is the problem - it's that we are being made fun of by a crap Liverpool-side who have struggled to score against everyone.
I know it’s worse because it’s them but a loss by 6 and a loss by 1 is just the same at the end of the day.

Yes that is my point. Sir Alex had a good record relative to others. He had a bad record at Anfield relative to his record anywhere else. It's a shit place to go and we've always played shit here. Being confident for Liverpool away is a dumb thing to do.

Sir Alex's last 6 years at Anfield had 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses.

It's Anfield means even a draw is a bonus here every season.
What about the other years? Especially when they were actually good and reaching CL semis and finals under Benitez?
Maybe you should check our results there under SAF. Considering it is Anfield and the saying “no one wins at Anfield” has always been there for a reason after all, our record under SAF there is decent enough.
Yes the performances weren’t great, but we were fighting for league titles and going gung-ho at Anfield was hardly going to win us much needed points.

That second half performance was worse than anything under Rangnick or Ole.

The issue is rotation, the same XI has pretty much played every game. We need to build a big squad like City have.

It’s 6 now, I’m glad so many can still be happy.

Agreed. I've always thought we should tear down the SAF statue because of that 6-1.

Why ? 0-4 to Brentford, 3-6 to City, 0-5 to Liverpool - it's fu...inexcusable after spending £200 million.

We're the third best team in the country. You're cherrypicking the worst 3 results and ignoring how crap our squad was before this year.

Well, Sabitzer was an option.

He's alright but I'm not sure he's going to change this. The subs that weren't made are always seen as the smart ones when the team loses.

The only positive I can take from this is the b*llocking these players will get tomorrow

Agreed. I've always thought we should tear down the SAF statue because of that 6-1.

We're the third best team in the country. You're cherrypicking the worst 3 results and ignoring how crap our squad was before this year.

He's alright but I'm not sure he's going to change this. The subs that weren't made are always seen as the smart ones when the team loses.

That’s not what I’m saying and you fecking know it. Im saying losing to this lot like this unacceptable and dare I say our worst result in many of years.

Has been brilliant but will deserve criticism today
He does but there’s no excuse for defensive / midfield mistakes that we have made today. Managers make tactical choices sometimes but players don’t need to lose the plot as they have today. It was an even game before that happened.

The issue is rotation, the same XI has pretty much played every game. We need to build a big squad like City have.
Nonsense. Arsenal pick from around 13/14 players. Don't see them getting disgraced like we have. It's the players attitude. All wrong today. Utterly unacceptable.

What can he even say after that? Much more than just a bad day in the office. This result is as bad as it gets as a United manager.

Nonsense. Arsenal pick from around 13/14 players. Don't see them getting disgraced like we have. It's the players attitude. All wrong today. Utterly unacceptable.
Out of League Cup, out of FA Cup, rotated in Europe. Arsenal got not even close as to play as many games as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.