Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit too honest there from ETH for my liking. But any average players in our squad who feel like they are some big-time-Charlie just because they play for Man Utd will self-reflect after these comments.

I wonder what the squad will think of ETH comments. A lot of them will be questioning them selves thinking does he mean me. :lol: Maguire will defo know he’s classed as one of them.

A bit too honest there from ETH for my liking. But any average players in our squad who feel like they are some big-time-Charlie just because they play for Man Utd will self-reflect after these comments.
Why? You prefer sugercoater Ole. ETH is very direct and honest. The fans better get used to it, and the players even more so

I wonder what the squad will think of ETH comments. A lot of them will be questioning them selves thinking does he mean me. :lol: Maguire will defo know he’s classed as one of them.

Well prove him wrong then

A bit of pressure on his own signings as well there. Looking at Antony specifically now

Maguire and Sancho will read that interview and die a little inside.

forget 2013-2019 and just the sheer shit we bought that made little to no contribution for most of them....here are just the last three windows which is about 400m spent. Not a player on the list, bar Bruno, that has done fuk all for this club and actually is a contributor right now. Varane will get there if he stays fit and healthy as will Sancho, IMO. I mean it's shocking and you see why EtH made the comments that he did on just how poor the transfer business has been done by this club.
It's not good business at all. EtH is right. Sancho cost £76.5m btw, because we had to pay the solidarity payments on top.

Get the same feeling about this interview as I got from Ronaldo’s. Don’t see how the club benefit from this. Also ironic when he talks about how average everything has been and then says he is going for 4th position.

A bit of pressure on his own signings as well there. Looking at Antony specifically now
Yes he just had the most expensive transfer window in the clubs history and Antony being the second most expensive transfer ever.

Get the same feeling about this interview as I got from Ronaldo’s. Don’t see how the club benefit from this. Also ironic when he talks about how average everything has been and then says he is going for 4th position.

Yes he just had the most expensive transfer window in the clubs history and Antony being the second most expensive transfer ever.

Incredible post all of it, surely trolling.........

Yes, which comes back to what my initial post was stating. We’ve wasted crazy amounts of money in the past which has resulted in us having to persevere with what we have and the best we can really go for is Aboubakar on loan. The back-up options are a poor standard and a big drop off to the players that are starting every game.
Honestly, the fact we’re even looking at players like him at all is a massive red flag. I thought these feckers were planning on selling but they’re acting like it’s their money that will be getting spent in the summer (as this window counts as summer budget). If there are genuinely better players available then we should be getting them in, regardless of the cost, that’s the next owners problem.

Nice bit of trolling :lol:

Nice bit of trolling :lol:
Honestly not sure what you and your friends are talking about? I find this kind of interviews unnecessary and bad for the club. Just like Ronaldos interview these things should be discussed internally, no point criticising the club and people at the club via media.

Honestly not sure what you and your friends are talking about? I find this kind of interviews unnecessary and bad for the club. Just like Ronaldos interview these things should be discussed internally, no point criticising the club and people at the club via media.
It's quite clear he's talking about past tense. Not the current playing squad that's here.

And even if he was, that's up to the players to prove him wrong isn't it? put up or go home.

To compare the two interviews is beyond stupid.

Ronaldo said he had no respect for his manager and slagged off the club. In an unauthorised interview with Piers Morgan.

Ten Hag is saying we’ve not been good and haven’t bought well in the past.

Some massive reaching you’re doing here to create something out of nothing.

It’s just a bad take.
I think I came out wrong. I really don’t mean it was as bad as the Ronaldo interview which totally disloyal to the club just that I have never liked when coaches talk to media like this.

It's quite clear he's talking about past tense. Not the current playing squad that's here.

And even if he was, that's up to the players to prove him wrong isn't it? put up or go home.
I also think he does but it doesn’t make any good to tell how bad players and people working at club have been. It’s not that i disagree just I don’t like him going to media with it.

To compare the two interviews is beyond stupid.

Ronaldo said he had no respect for his manager and slagged off the club. In an unauthorised interview with Piers Morgan.

Ten Hag is saying we’ve not been good and haven’t bought well in the past.

Some massive reaching you’re doing here to create something out of nothing.
I never compared the interviews, just said I got similar feelings. If I get that, how is that beyond stupid? It is your conclusion that is beyond stupid.

No diplomacy with him, isn't it? When Jose was saying things like this then he was labelled as toxic and that he will "hurt" players feelings.
Having said this; i simply love this approach. When manager is a manager, not a "mate". Never liked Ole's approach how everything is great, players "are great lads" and shit like that. Players must know that standards are high and that they must "deserve" to play for Man Utd.
So far (by his comments whole season) ETH made it clear that;
1) Varane, Casemiro and Bruno are leaders of this team.
2) De Gea, Rashford, Shaw, Licha, Eriksen and Antony are key players who (with leaders) are and will be the core of this team
3) With Dalot, Garnacho, Martial, Sancho and Malacia he has faith that they are long term solutions and have talent and mentality for success here.
4) Others.....swim or die. They must accept their role in this team (backup) or leave.

I am really enjoying in this season. Last time i enjoyed this much in Jose's first season. And even then i didn't have high hopes for future. I knew that we are building team for short team success.
With ETH we are building a team who can (and will) rule in England.

I think I came out wrong. I really don’t mean it was as bad as the Ronaldo interview which totally disloyal to the club just that I have never liked when coaches talk to media like this.

I also think he does but it doesn’t make any good to tell how bad players and people working at club have been. It’s not that i disagree just I don’t like him going to media with it.

I never compared the interviews, just said I got similar feelings. If I get that, how is that beyond stupid? It is your conclusion that is beyond stupid.

Yeah okay then

:lol: :lol: :lol:

forget 2013-2019 and just the sheer shit we bought that made little to no contribution for most of them....here are just the last three windows which is about 400m spent. Not a player on the list, bar Bruno, that has done fuk all for this club and actually is a contributor right now. Varane will get there if he stays fit and healthy as will Sancho, IMO. I mean it's shocking and you see why EtH made the comments that he did on just how poor the transfer business has been done by this club.

2019/20
TRANSFERS IN:
  • Harry Maguire: £80m
  • Aaron Wan-Bissaka: £50m
  • Dan James: £15m
  • Bruno Fernandes: £47m
  • Hannibal Mejbri: £9m
  • Odion Ighalo: Loan
2020/21
TRANSFERS IN:

• Donny van de Beek: £35m
  • Alex Telles: £13m
  • Amad: £19m
  • Facundo Pellistri: £7m
  • Edinson Cavani: Free
  • Willy Kambwala: £3m
2021/22
TRANSFERS IN:

• Cristiano Ronaldo: £12.8m
  • Jadon Sancho: £73m
  • Raphael Varane: £34m
  • Tom Heaton: Free
Quite a number of them have also had mental or emotional struggles coping here. So happy ETH is here and improving teamwide mentality. Not blaming that one on the players but the Ole PR said he enquired about this exact thing like Fergie apparently used to. He and Phelan's time here was just a pointless Fergie live action roleplay. It seems they had no clue how to actually action any of the things they saw fergie do. eg Fergie didn't handle trainings so neither would I. Completely forgetting SAF didn't delegate to just anyone and it was a time before the Peps and Klopps made tactical philosophy a prerequisite for league success.

Not too sure I believe this …. Would mean huge pay cuts for current players & attracting future players

Not too sure I believe this …. Would mean huge pay cuts for current players & attracting future players

Agree with how reliable this is. However attracting good players who want to come here and play for United and not just for the vast amounts of money we pay can only be a good thing IMO.

So saying no to the likes of Mbappe, kane etc etc?(not to mention de jong who we were already willing to pay more for).

It's a good idea on paper but you have to make exceptions here and there, even Fergie relented.

Great then we can use the savings to build a time machine to enact it when it was still possible.

Basic salary of 200 large then they introduce a system of performance related bonuses. This is pretty common in the bundesliga, and they don't seem to be short of quality players.
It might well be optics to help the sale but it makes sense.

There’s not a single player in our entire squad that is worth more than that or would get more than that elsewhere, this has been a long time coming. If they don’t like it, I hear Burnley’s nice this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.