Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We looked tired today. He need to rotate heavily next match, and trust the squad more. We will pay if not.

We will see B team against Charlton surely. At least in midfield and partially in defense (Martinez and AWB probably). I don't think we have options to change attack though.

We will see B team against Charlton surely. At least in midfield and partially in defense (Martinez and AWB probably). I don't think we have options to change attack though.

Yeah. Will be Garnacho and Antony as wide players. Rashford or Martial again as striker. One of them needs a rest. Bruno needs a rest too, maybe Eriksen there with Mcfred behind him.

He’s been fantastic. We’re doing much better than I anticipated. I look forward to his plans in the summer and hopefully he can get a player or maybe two in this month.

He’s bringing turtlenecks back into fashion too.

I am utterly convinced he will bring us all the major trophies. Let the good times roll.

We looked tired today. He need to rotate heavily next match, and trust the squad more. We will pay if not.
No we didn't, far from it, the game was open and we kept going till the end, hence the pen, to me the energy levels are right up where they need to be.

That was a bit scruffy I thought. Some players look tired. Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno in particular.

We're leaning on Marcus a little too.

That was a bit scruffy I thought. Some players look tired. Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno in particular.

We're leaning on Marcus a little too.
I agree, surprised he seemed happy with that performance. Maybe one of our worst games recently in terms of possession and controlling the game.

We're getting results lately but he must be concerned with how we're flagging in games

Yeah. Will be Garnacho and Antony as wide players. Rashford or Martial again as striker. One of them needs a rest. Bruno needs a rest too, maybe Eriksen there with Mcfred behind him.
If Bruno needs a rest (I very much like this idea) then let's play proper 3 man midfield with Fred and Eriksen supporting attack. I feel like Garnacho Martial Antony would be the starting lineup, Rashford has beed working hard today. I am not sure if we can do it without him though.

Seriously hope we can get a striker for him. And early in this window (rather than waiting until the final day)

Not holding my breath though

Not sure we looked tired. Everton are just game raising cnuts that suit the 352 counter game plan.

Gray is an excellent ball carrier and their midfield are work horses.

We do usually struggle with teams that sit back and give us no space also.

Our passing wasn’t great today at times which really played into their hands.

So I did some research on list of games United are going to play from now on until rest of the season and basically it should be very busy 5 months for the players. Provided we go through against Charlton, we're going to play in semi-finals of Carabao Cup which is played over 2 legs on 23rd and 30th January, which would then surely move our trip to Emirates (currently scheduled for January 22nd) to some other date. Then, there's also Fa Cup 4th round fixture that is planned for 28th of January (and/or probably days around that) so that is another game.

These cup fixtures, combined with 21 games yet to be played in Premier League and Europa League games against Barcelona in round of 32 on 16th and 23rd of February (plus potential Carabao Cup final match on February 26th) pretty much show how much of football is yet to be played this season and how much we need another 1-2 signings after Butland this January. Could be in many ways a repeat of 2016/17 season under Jose, albeit probably with PL being much more of a priority than Europa League.

My point is - we need a striker desperately and I'd get both Joao Felix and another ST this month, there's plenty of games to be played and we need as many players as possible. Surely ten Hag will be pushing the board to do some deals, it could be crucial for 2nd part of the season.

I don’t really get the “getting carried away cos we’ve had a favourable run of fixtures” thing… yeah, we have, but that’s only because we spent the first half of the season playing almost exclusively teams in the top half of the table, including all the top 6 in a relatively short period and largely doing well enough to put us in the position to push on when the easier ones rolled round. Arsenal and Chelsea for example have tougher fixtures ahead due to their favourable runs, and Spurs have been woeful against all the top teams.

The main issue is we all look knackered and our squad depth is awful. That’s what looks most likely to feck us in the run in.

He’s the one. It’s got to the point where I have absolute faith in what he does

Let’s remember that McFred we’re our midfield for two seasons and now they are simply options to see out a game, and it works magnificently

Not sure we looked tired. Everton are just game raising cnuts that suit the 352 counter game plan.

Gray is an excellent ball carrier and their midfield are work horses.

We do usually struggle with teams that sit back and give us no space also.

Our passing wasn’t great today at times which really played into their hands.
Everton? Game raising cnuts? No, they are proper shit. Besides. We have the highest number of counter goals in the premier league..

We do really need a striker.

He's totally correct in developing the team, the players, and overall profile. You have to learn how to win as a team throughout a season, not cup competitions, and be able to sustain a strong belief and mindset throughout a match, a month, and full season. There are only a few players who have truly experienced this in the side (Varane, Lisandro, Casemiro) and everyone else hasn't experienced the entire gauntlet of it. DDG has, but it has been so long.

They cannot take any shortcuts nor panic. If EtH starts to deviate away from what he knows and trusts, such as signing a player just because, then we're fecked.

Sort term pain for long term gain. If we have to suffer and be a little short handed up front, then so be it. Have to learn and adapt as best as possible, compete, continue to improve, and then replenish when it comes to the proper transfer window.

So I did some research on list of games United are going to play from now on until rest of the season and basically it should be very busy 5 months for the players. Provided we go through against Charlton, we're going to play in semi-finals of Carabao Cup which is played over 2 legs on 23rd and 30th January, which would then surely move our trip to Emirates (currently scheduled for January 22nd) to some other date. Then, there's also Fa Cup 4th round fixture that is planned for 28th of January (and/or probably days around that) so that is another game.

These cup fixtures, combined with 21 games yet to be played in Premier League and Europa League games against Barcelona in round of 32 on 16th and 23rd of February (plus potential Carabao Cup final match on February 26th) pretty much show how much of football is yet to be played this season and how much we need another 1-2 signings after Butland this January. Could be in many ways a repeat of 2016/17 season under Jose, albeit probably with PL being much more of a priority than Europa League.

My point is - we need a striker desperately and I'd get both Joao Felix and another ST this month, there's plenty of games to be played and we need as many players as possible. Surely ten Hag will be pushing the board to do some deals, it could be crucial for 2nd part of the season.

Who would be your realistic ST signing now

Clearly the man is playing the cards he was dealt with with great competence. As the team slowly become completely his own signings, im sure we can contest on all fronts soon. So buzzing

This sort of thing makes me uncomfortable, especially with the fixtures we have coming up.

Impressive but itchy.
Yeah, I get that it feels ominous. In fact, I kinda share some measure of your apprehension. This is mostly due to being let down after any promising stretch of positive performances under our previous, post-SAF managers. But I'm learning to believe again, so I'm in the "cautiously optimistic" phase right now, while also acknowledging that this could turn sour really fast, courtesy of, as you've rightly pointed out, the difficult fixtures looming large in the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.