Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference would it make if I had random letters for a name :lol:

I have no problems with his discipline but it could easily have gone wrong.
But doing nothing could easily go wrong? Bringing on Rashford as an impact worked perfectly. So your criticism of him is a decision he made correctly could have gone wrong? Tough crowd....

What difference would it make if I had random letters for a name :lol:

Because then there'd be much less indication that you're an Ole fanboy who wants actively wants his successor to fail.

My only criticism of his handling of the Rashford incident is that he didn’t need to tell the media about the indiscipline. He just needed to say that there is lots of upcoming games so there will be lots of rotation.

He doesn’t need to be so honest with the media.
The team shamed Garnacho in public and ETH is perhaps settings a level playing field for everyone irrespective of the reputation. And I strongly believe that ETH must have set up the rule internally that if they show indiscipline then he will be candid about it in public. It is kind of a threat and could work as a deterrence.

I am just all speculating but I think there is enough evidence so far to trust ETH in what he is doing.

I love him, we're definitely on the right path with this guy. I can't wait for what the final version of his team will look like.

More important than the actual change in style of play is the change in mentality of the team, its night and day. It seems this team actually gets stronger when we need to dig deep.

Exactly my thoughts so thanks for typing that out :)

I’m so impressed with this manager.

Can’t believe the process is taking quicker than we expected. We’re definitely a ST missing and a few more pieces from challenging for the league. First step = back into the CL with a clear playing style.

Wtf, is it left vs right in here too :lol:

I don't see what other possible angle there is for you to come from to decide that Ten Hag is "one of the luckiest managers you've ever seen".

But doing nothing could easily go wrong? Bringing on Rashford as an impact worked perfectly. So your criticism of him is a decision he made correctly could have gone wrong? Tough crowd....
Luck is criticism? Ok think we're done here

Amongst those with a generally weaker mindset - more prevalent amongst the younger generation - what ETH did to Rashford is considered bad management. Just a personal observation from my line of work.
I agree. His management is perfectly reasonable. It's the lazy and weak minded who want to wash their hands of accountability and instead look to pass the buck, who constantly moan about any form of minor punishment that is fairly handed out

That's three clean sheets since the World Cup as well. Really good stuff.

We will be held back by the squad limitations this time around. Not the manager.

Love his handling of the players.

Sad he said 'thanks' instead of 'please' at the end of his interview.

Give this man even 30% of what Chelsea's owner doing right now on the transfer market and Erik will get us to the top

He has done so much right in 6 months here, handled egos of likes of Ronaldo and Rashford incredibly well.

Should be backed, no idea why some fans in here are calling him lucky? Ole fanboys I am assuming?

There will be tons of unnecessary speculation because of his comment. Was he out drinking? Did he not turn up for training? Did he call ETH a bald cnut and fart over his coco pops?

There was no need to feed the media. I fully back any punishment the manager dishes out, but it should be kept within the club.
ETH has built up enough equity with the lads and this is probably what he believes is needed to keep the boys in line after years of indiscipline and being shielded by their manager(s). It's 1 thing to raise the ceiling of this team but as fans we know a big problem is also the floor. This story will fade away from the media in a week or 2 but for the boys with the right mindset (which I believe Marcus belongs to) it'll lay down a very clear marker for the rest of ETH's tenure.

My only criticism of his handling of the Rashford incident is that he didn’t need to tell the media about the indiscipline. He just needed to say that there is lots of upcoming games so there will be lots of rotation.

As a fan I would like to know what's happening behind closed doors as well so I like his honesty. Besides he has no reason to lie about such minor things. It's not like he severely punished him. Brought him in immediately after HT to win us the game.

Apparently the only team left in the league that hasn't dropped points from a winning poistion.

I like discipline. To implement it you can't make exceptions, it's a really good sign Rashford was benched it shows no one's nailed on the starting XI and no one's above the team rules.

Don't like the defensive changes though, it invites pressure on us. Today it worked but sometimes it won't.

I think that makes it more serious than it needs to be. He'd also be heavily criticised for resting a player in great form. I think he's handled it perfectly and the transparency is a breath of fresh air, while setting a precedent that the team can't mess about. Rashford's laughed it off. Just one of those things and no biggie. Great response from Rashford too.

it's probably one of the things that were accepted during the previous regime. No doubt Ole would have still played "Rashy".

extremely impressed with how ten Hag is handling things and putting his stamp on the club. Back this man at all cost.

It's that dirty word standards that so many posters were derided for under earlier regimes. Eth is raising the bar that was lowered once fergie left.

Now we’ve belatedly sacked off the elderly Portugese egomaniac we’re starting to see the coordinated high press we’d been hoping to see under ETH. It’s so satisfying to watch. Dominating possession winning the ball high up the pitch. Proper, modern football. Finally.

Team is not the finished article, but looks like we're going in the right direction
It's the vertical passing through the lines for me, I bang on about it but for years we played so laterally and horizontally that the game just happened in front of the opposition, we never turned them. Got sick of watching the top teams do it and teams do it to us.

Now we do it, makes a huge difference

I like discipline. To implement it you can't make exceptions, it's a really good sign Rashford was benched it shows no one's nailed on the starting XI and no one's above the team rules.

Don't like the defensive changes though, it invites pressure on us. Today it worked but sometimes it won't.
You definitely can. Sir Alex Ferguson can tell you a lot about that.

No, but it indicates that he in fact wasn't lucky.
Reason is because if we dropped points or rashy played badly, the narrative would be completely different. Managers can do everything right but if they lack a bit of luck then they could still get screwed. I'm relieved it didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.