Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only idiot would fire him only based on top 4 finish in first rebuilding season.

No manager has survived not getting CL. This guy won't be any difference. Top 4 or winning EL is the bare minimum for any United manager.

A reminder that we're 9th in xPTS

Our performances have been so so poor all season with the exception of the Spurs game.

We need to sort out our performance levels to have a prayer of top 4 - we're a ticking time bomb and todays loss was so predictable. You can't keep scraping 1 goal wins forever.

Ah now that's total horse shit.

He got it completely wrong again and then he got lucky with a deflected goal right before halftime. Perfect opportunity to make changes in the half and come out swinging.

I’m losing faith in him fast. One thing is to get it wrong, but another thing is to not fix your mistake. Honestly right now we are losing because of EtH and he is refusing to fix it.

And constantly starting Ronaldo and giving him the armband.
Ffs :lol:
Especially the last point. He's literally benched Ronaldo for every game before the past week where he's played because Antony, Sancho and Martial were all out. And Bruno today. Relax ffs.

If that's the case then ETH should simply resign. There's no point ruining his reputation for such badly managed club.

Watch him start Cristiano against Fulham with some pathetic excuse how he did great in training or whatever. Hopefully I'm wrong, but something feels off in the way he's been treating Cristiano after Tottenham match.

Only idiot would fire him only based on top 4 finish in first rebuilding season.
I'd say he'd deserve it if Newcastle were one of the teams that pipped us to it. Depends on the situation.

I have confidence in ETH and still believe we'll finish top 4. But fans on here seem to think our team is so bad we should be finishing 9th in the league or something. I'd say the way this season has gone so far we should be finishing 3rd and anything less than 4th is a disaster.

People can blame injuries and say ETH wanted to play his football and impose his style of play regardless of the situation, if that results in dropped points it's still dropped points though. He could've easily shored up the midfield today with Fred and Casemiro started a front 3 of Elanga, Rashford and Garnacho and we would be much harder to break down and would have walked away with at least a point. Then once we get Bruno and the injuries back we could go back to imposing his style of play.

He has been in charge for 19 competitive games, he's got it wrong against Brighton, Brentford, City, Newcastle, second half against Sociedad and today against villa.

That's too many times for a short spell and his in game decisions are suspect too.

Also Ronaldo is a sideshow he needs to manage well, he was down as captain before the game (should never be the case) the during the game I realised he wasn't wearing the arm band. He needs to be moved on in January.

The structure of the team needs to be consistent, Rashford is on the right, he's on the left, he's upfront.

The midfield he needs to realise you have to earn the right to play, casemiro on his own is not enough. VDB abd Eriksen don't have the legs or physicality in midfield

Look I'm a fan of Ten Hag I like him.

But I don't buy this none sense that most of our fan base is spouting, football is a result oriented business, we have a good enough team to finish top 4, he has spent 200+ mill this transfer window and if he loses out on top 4 to fecking Newcastle and Spurs then the pressure will be on him and rightly so !!

Ronaldo starting is just genuinely puzzling, I get DVB, I get Garnacho but why would you play our best attacking player this season in a position where he's never been good to accommodate an 18 year old and a 38 year old. Statistically we have performed worse with Ronaldo in terms of chance creation, in terms of winning, in terms of goal threat and quite obviously by a simple eye test. This is the third time now we've been pumped away from home conceding 2 in the opening 10 minutes and it is down to team selection.

Well said.

I've said all along it's top 4 or questions need to be asked no more making cults out of managers. There is No point wasting 3-4 years on a manager who allows the squad dynamic to fall to shit while making decisions based on what the media thinks he should do.

He got it completely wrong again and then he got lucky with a deflected goal right before halftime. Perfect opportunity to make changes in the half and come out swinging.

I’m losing faith in him fast. One thing is to get it wrong, but another thing is to not fix your mistake. Honestly right now we are losing because of EtH and he is refusing to fix it.

And constantly starting Ronaldo and giving him the armband.
Lost faith in him :lol: . Fans like you deserve everything we have been through in the last 10 years.

No manager has survived not getting CL. This guy won't be any difference. Top 4 or winning EL is the bare minimum for any United manager.

There comes a time were we have to stick , the managerial revolving door will get us nowhere.

ETH has walked into a club with big expectation but a culture of failure after failure. It is going to take far more than one season to reverse that. We need to back him long term.

Look I'm a fan of Ten Hag I like him.

But I don't buy this none sense that most of our fan base is spouting, football is a result oriented business, we have a good enough team to finish top 4, he has spent 200+ mill this transfer window and if he loses out on top 4 to fecking Newcastle and Spurs then the pressure will be on him and rightly so !!

Ronaldo starting is just genuinely puzzling, I get DVB, I get Garnacho but why would you play our best attacking player this season in a position where he's never been good to accommodate an 18 year old and a 38 year old. Statistically we have performed worse with Ronaldo in terms of chance creation, in terms of winning, in terms of goal threat and quite obviously by a simple eye test. This is the third time now we've been pumped away from home conceding 2 in the opening 10 minutes and it is down to team selection.
Who would you play ahead of Ronaldo? Elanga? It's tight between them 2 for who is more useless. Ten Hag has been extremely clear that Ronaldo is what, 5th choice attacker? But when 3 of them are injured, what can you do?

Bruno out, sanco out, Antony out, martial just back on the bench, Varane out... Calm down. They were clinical and scored 3 from about 0.6 xG today, we struggled to create and the main reason for that is because we had 4 pretty important attackers all out and had no options other than someone who Ten Hag blatantly does not want in the squad.

It's kind of worrying what's going on with Ronaldo. Ten Hag doesn't fancy him all season and then after the drama he plays every game for 90 minutes. Is that his decision or someone forcing his hand?
Starting him today I kind of can understand with all the players out, even if I would still rather play Elanga and Fred instead of Donny and Ronaldo with Rashford up front and Eriksen as 10. But not subbing him off after that? We throwing Rashford and Martial on the pitch and he still stays on instead of subbing him off for them, he even was on a yellow, it makes no sense. Bringing on Fred and Elanga for Donny and Ronaldo at HT and Martial later for Garnacho would have made much more sense to me then what we did today.
If he starts the next game, then It's probably not his decision and we will stick with him till January or worse till the end of the season.

Also yeah making him captain is just disgusting at this point. He never has been a good leader and it's especially bad timing at the moment

Lost faith in him :lol: . Fans like you deserve everything we have been through in the last 10 years.

It's fans who blindly put faith in the manager is why we have gone through the crap we've been through the last 10 years and still blindly swallow Fergie's line ''back your manager'' like it's a religious passage

We'll be absolutely fecked later in the season if ETH doesn't learn to rotate the squad efficiently.

While I agree with the idea of rotation. We can only rotate under the circumstance that we have a first team good enough that we build enough gap point-wise against our competitors or we become better at creating and converting chances allowing us a buffer to rest our main players and try out new ones. Case in point, Pellisteri might be a better option as an Anthony back up than Elanga but we will never know because we cant afford to experiment with him in the team even during a match, and we are never leading comfortably enough to bring him on to see what he can offer us.

Ridiculous. Ten Hag will be here whether he gets top 4 or not, as the performances are constantly improving. Also, we are right in the mix. People pretending to be outraged just to fecking complain, spoilt dumb ass fake supporters I swear.

It's pretty fecking clear what the problem was today. Having 5 key players out is a pretty big deal. Especially when he's had just 1 window so has to live with half the squad being randoms who he doesn't want to have.

One of Ferguson's greatest strengths and why we achieved consistent success in the league was his ability to rotate well over the entire season. Ten Hag needs to improve in this area

I wonder what’s going on behind the scene. How does a manager go from making absolutely the correct decisions, suspending a player and getting the backing of an entire fan base… to playing that player for 90mins 3 games in a row and making him captain … the media need to get an answer on that. Baffling.

It's fans who blindly put faith in the manager is why we have gone through the crap we've been through the last 10 years and still blindly swallow Fergie's line ''back your manager'' like it's a religious passage
You have to be blind not to see all the good he's brought :lol:
Our team play and defense is massively improved. We keep possession well. Our attack is hampered by having 4 players out, with only Rashford today being any sort of important player in the whole attack. The rest are bench players at best, or with Donny and Ronaldo, counting their last days as United players. And then the bench, was another who is on his last days in Elanga.

A reminder that we're 9th in xPTS

Our performances have been so so poor all season with the exception of the Spurs game.

We need to sort out our performance levels to have a prayer of top 4 - we're a ticking time bomb and todays loss was so predictable. You can't keep scraping 1 goal wins forever.
Yeah it was bound to catch up with us at some point. We've been more solid at the back but have minimal threat going forward.

Who would you play ahead of Ronaldo? Elanga? It's tight between them 2 for who is more useless. Ten Hag has been extremely clear that Ronaldo is what, 5th choice attacker? But when 3 of them are injured, what can you do?

Bruno out, sanco out, Antony out, martial just back on the bench, Varane out... Calm down. They were clinical and scored 3 from about 0.6 xG today, we struggled to create and the main reason for that is because we had 4 pretty important attackers all out and had no options other than someone who Ten Hag blatantly does not want in the squad.
Yes Elanga. On the right with Rashford up front. Worked against Liverpool. Even if you want to start Ronaldo, you switch Garnacho and Rashford, Garnacho was getting a lot of space down the left and a simple instruction for Rashford and Garnacho to switch sides was enough, we wasted too many dangerous attacking situations down our left today because of bad decision making by Garnacho and the inability to beat his man...
Also his midfield selection was puzzling.

Look, again I like ETH and I'm not worried about finishing top 4 as I do think we'll finish top 4 this season. However, my post was mainly directed at those that believe we don't have a good enough team to finish top 4 and as if he should be untouchable regardless of our performances this season and where we finish.

I wonder what’s going on behind the scene. How does a manager go from making absolutely the correct decisions, suspending a player and getting the backing of an entire fan base… to playing that player for 90mins 3 games in a row and making him captain … the media need to get an answer on that. Baffling.
Antony out
Sancho out
Bruno out
Martial out all season and just back on the bench

Sure takes a rocket scientist to discover why Ronaldo has started a few games...

While I agree with the idea of rotation. We can only rotate under the circumstance that we have a first team good enough that we build enough gap point-wise against our competitors or we become better at creating and converting chances allowing us a buffer to rest our main players and try out new ones. Case in point, Pellisteri might be a better option as an Anthony back up than Elanga but we will never know because we cant afford to experiment with him in the team even during a match, and we are never leading comfortably enough to bring him on to see what he can offer us.
Playing the (more or less) same team every game still won't work.

Think a sensible approach, at least as long as we're still struggling and not winning matches convincingly, is only rotating single players. Play Fred over Eriksen today. Elanga over Ronaldo on Thursday and so on. It doesn't disrupt the whole team as long as we aren't settled in the system.

It was one of Ajax fans main complaint about ETH, and I have a feeling he will find out the very hard way that playing the same XI all the time doesn't work in the PL with EL and two cups

One of Ferguson's greatest strengths and why we achieved consistent success in the league was his ability to rotate well over the entire season. Ten Hag needs to improve in this area

Or to put it another way, one of the reasons we had great success in the league was having a quality squad you could rotate well over the course of a season and get results.

It's not ETH he isn't using our squad players. Those are the likes of VDB, Lindelof, Garnacho, Elanga, McTominay, etc. Arguably Ronaldo too if you believe Martial is our first choice CF. We've been forced into using them through injury anyway, they just aren't all that good.

What does Ronaldo have on Ten Hag?

Walked out of the stadium after refusing to come on as a sub then a few weeks later is made captain.

What the feck is going on behind the scenes?!

Yeah it was bound to catch up with us at some point. We've been more solid at the back but have minimal threat going forward.
This forum would have you believe we've been playing well though. Standards are incredibly low and people don't recognise the correlation between results and performances. You can't put winning runs together playing like we do.

Early signs he's just not good enough as other managers before him. Shambolic selection and absolutely no pattern of play after more than 20 games and full preseason. Ronaldo as a captain finishing the game. Absolutely not good enough and match fit VDB starting instead of Fred. The msot error prone and passive CB we had in our history Lindelof starting ahead of Maguire etc.

He's just pathetic,it's another game to the long list of the ones we fluked a goal out of nothing after not being able to create a single big chance.

Yep he will get a chance beyond this season but so far he just seems like an okay manager who dominated his One-team league because of the players founds and club structure at his disposal, rather then another big thing and talented manager who could finally implement his style for a former top club like ours. We are becoming mediocre and it's only down to managers decisions now.

Our first defeat since City in September and people are turning on him? This forum is sad sometimes.

Early signs he's just not good enough as other managers before him. Shambolic selection and absolutely no pattern of play after more than 20 games and full preseason. Ronaldo as a captain finishing the game. Absolutely not good enough and match fit VDB starting instead of Fred. The msot error prone and passive CB we had in our history Lindelof starting ahead of Maguire etc.

He's just pathetic,it's another game to the long list of the ones we fluked a goal out of nothing after not being able to create a single big chance.

Yep he will get a chance beyond this season but so far he just seems like an okay manager who dominated his One-team league because of the players founds and club structure at his disposal, rather then another big thing and talented manager who could finally implement his style for a former top club like ours. We are becoming mediocre and it's only down to managers decisions now.

If this post is serious, and you really think we haven't had progress since he came in, I don't know what to say. It is hard to believe this post is serious though, I refuse to believe people can't see most basic things.

I've seen this comment so many times and to me it's obvious: United have ZERO depth in the striking options at the moment, who else are you going to play? Giving Ronaldo a way back in was an attempt to solve this issue. The problem is Ronaldo isn't giving anything back in terms of goals or quality, not so much lack of effort. That's on Ronaldo being crap/too old, not on ETH.

The captain's armband again is probably an attempt to give Ronaldo a bit of confidence but just nothing is working at the moment. I'm sure Erik is praying for Martial, Sancho and Antony to come back to full fitness so he doesn't have to keep playing this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.