Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be backed again this January.

I knew once Varane (and even Martial) went down we'd be in trouble.

Add that to the fact that October we played 9 matches, which was the most matches played in a month month in our entire history, then you know we wouldn't have the legs to deal with a match like this.

Taken a step back today starting VDB and Ronaldo with the armband. Has to be said. Obviously abysmal decisions anyone could have predicted.

Not his fault Maguire is too shit to play for us and we end up with Lindelof, or that McFred are a joke. But we have options to not be sticking with Ronaldo and VDB for the full game and 65 minutes while they play like a couple of cones.

You know EL is a way to get CL by winning it?

No I said it before. We don't have depth to play on two fronts. For the moment it's more important for the team to cement itself as a top 4 team than finishing 6th and winning a minor European trophy (which most probably won't happen anyway). EL is way too exhausting as a tournament and it's simply not worth it at this point. I will prefer getting CL by being a top team in PL instead.

Winning EL before was fun and all but it's not what this team needs.

Him integrating Ronaldo back to team has backfired, he is not even subbing him out.

Hopefully Scholes, Rio, Keane had wonderful time.

I still think he'll come good, but he caved big time with Ronaldo. Ronaldo started every game since his tantrum and has been rubbish in each one. VDB has been bad last week gets rewarded another game. I know we have injuries but we still had options.

No we haven't. Not in terms of Ronaldo anyway.

Let today be a sign of who in the rotation squad should be thrown on the scrapheap pile.

Terrible line up don't know what he was thinking.

He needs to finish top 4 or his job will be in jeopardy.

Understand why he gave van de Beek a chance with no Bruno, had to happen at some point, but i feel like that was it with him. Think Ten Hag can't wait to be rid of Ronaldo as well. Clear difference in our game when we rotate some key players out IMO.

Martial coming on to play between Ronaldo and Rahsford tells me he isn't the manager anymore.

Another lesson for him as far as trusting players is concerned. Too many of them just don't have it in them to deliver on a regular basis for United.

Terrible line up don't know what he was thinking.

He needs to finish top 4 or his job will be in jeopardy.
No it won't be don't be an idiot.

His lineup was down to injuries and suspensions. Takes a simple glance to understand that.

And we would have qualified from that group stage with our reserve side. We were never going out. We finished 9 points above third for Christ sake
Whats the deserve side we'd qualify with. And you don't know that and can't be sure.

Got it wrong today, needs to do better. Underestimated the opponent, not enough legs in the team with Van De Beek, Ronaldo, Eriksen in our centre it was too soft.

Ronaldo and VDB are done. The club should back ETH in January or this will end in tears. Meanwhile I'd like to see us giving kids a shot. I'd rather see us play Mc Neill that Ronaldo.

We're so far away from the top sides. Back down to earth with a bump. I expect similar against Fulham next week.

This selection of Ronaldo baffles me. Fair enough if he was getting himself in positions for clear chances, but he isn't even doing that.

The selection of VDB baffles me, because he's shit.

Starting to wonder about him after the shit show second half midweek and today's poor selections and badly timed subs!

He's made some odd decisions in recent games but he hasn't got a load of options currently so it's somewhat understandable that he's trying things to find something that works for now.

Gutless decision making cost us today. Still can't believe he's allowed himself to be wrapped around Ronaldo's finger and start donny in midfield and not make changes until the 64th minute when it was clear what we were doing wasn''t working.

What the hell was worrying with that lineup? Who else was supposed to play?

You can argue about changes in the second half but our players that are available are simply shit. What should Ten Hag do?

You know EL is a way to get CL by winning it?
The issue is you sacrifice league form when you play your first team on Thursday and Sunday every week.

And our reward for the strong line ups in the Europa is finishing 2nd in the group and extra knockout round against the champions league teams. We may as well have rested properly and still finish 2nd.

You can easily end up in a scenario where you don't win Europa and don't get top 4.

Can’t understand ronaldo given a captain armband…. Should have given Martinez

Sometimes as a manager, you have to give everyone a chance to prove that they either are fit for the shirt or not. In that regard he has done well in igniting some players to our benefit. Given that, we as fans can’t be mad when he sticks to this but the players prove they are not good enough.

However, we can be upset if its clear they are shite and he persists. Regarding VDB he had him playing well at Ajax, so he can be forgiven for trying to do the same here.

Regarding Ronaldo, we are just so thin up front, its almost like we have no choice.

I think he is going about it the right way, however time is running (or ran) out for some players (if you ask me)

Easily his worst game. It was like watching ole flounder about. Seemed completely uninterested in actually managing the game looked like he had given his instructions, set his tactics now he just wanted to watch whatever happens happens.
I know it is a deadly sin on here to talk in a positive way about Ole, but we were actually phenomenal at getting back in games like these under him. Think we had something like 10 or more proper comebacks in just one season. Ole`s plan b or c were usually a lot better than his plan a..

No we haven't. Not in terms of Ronaldo anyway.
He could play Rashford and play Elanga or anyone else on the right. Bruno has only been missing one game anyway. What's the point in playing Ronaldo if he's absolute garbage? You'd get more out of anyone else.

No it won't be don't be an idiot.

His lineup was down to injuries and suspensions. Takes a simple glance to understand that.
Look I'm a fan of Ten Hag I like him.

But I don't buy this none sense that most of our fan base is spouting, football is a result oriented business, we have a good enough team to finish top 4, he has spent 200+ mill this transfer window and if he loses out on top 4 to fecking Newcastle and Spurs then the pressure will be on him and rightly so !!

Ronaldo starting is just genuinely puzzling, I get DVB, I get Garnacho but why would you play our best attacking player this season in a position where he's never been good to accommodate an 18 year old and a 38 year old. Statistically we have performed worse with Ronaldo in terms of chance creation, in terms of winning, in terms of goal threat and quite obviously by a simple eye test. This is the third time now we've been pumped away from home conceding 2 in the opening 10 minutes and it is down to team selection.

Got it wrong today, I said a few weeks back the Jury should still be out on him. He’s had a positive start so far but with these little avoidable losses you can fall away in the Premier League, the standard is incredible at the moment.

Unrelated but is this the strongest the Premier League has been?

Martial shouldn't even be at the club, had a 4th, 5th and 6th chance to improve but hasn't and is unreliable fitness wise.

Sancho has been in terrible form lately, also seems to pick up illnesses quite easily and is out for a long period with them, which is strange.
You missed the point regarding options. It's what we have until the next window so we need everybody available for ETH.

Van De Beek and Ronaldo starting and Ronaldo made captain. Feck me

Then takes ages to make a fecking change.

I don't understand it. It's like someone in the technical area needs to wack him upside the head to force him into action if things are not working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.