Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it totally spot on and so happy for him.

Some huge calls, Martinez was excellent.

But why are people arguing about counter attack football like it's a problem.

Understand we ended up pegged back a lot the 2nd half, players where tired, was to be expected Liverpool are fit and just keep going. Many ways to skin a cat

Great win.

Dropping Shaw, Ronaldo and Maguire and pairing Martinez with Varane were spot on decisions. Elanga-Martial substitution was an interesting one as being made so early and it delivered.

I hope that Ronaldo's cameo was just a chance to say hi to Casemiro from the pitch and wave goodbye to the fans. Maguire looked disappointed and that's superb to see.

I truly want that he'd get Gakpo, De Jong, RW (Pulisic-Antony), new GK, RB (Gusto I hope) or maybe a Casemiro-type signing for some positions. He needs good players, who wants to develop and give everything on the pitch. And then there is a possibility we can develop as well, as a team.

feck it support ETH all the way. Sell maguire and ronaldo, and bring in players he wants. Add an attacker, midfielder, and a 4th CB that can play how ETH wants when injuries hit. As they showed no way maguire makes half the plays martinez made. Too slow to play how he wants back there

I guess we will all wake up soon and realise we were all having ETH’s dream last night.

Could not of gone any better for him! So happy for Erik tonight.

He got the blame for Brentford, but he was so spot on today.

Even got the late subs right when we needed them too, helped stop the momentum.

Well done Erik :drool:

Made big calls of dropping some long standing names and it payed of. He didnt wait for changes, he made them quickly. We looked great out there, pressing was really good and defensively we were the best I've seen us in ages.

He is the man.

Imagine the shock in the dressing room when a manager stops playing players when they don't fit his ideas.

Roy Keane beaming beside Erik as he says forget tactics it's all about attitude first.

If we could rate the manger he would get a 10

Spot on, massive decisions and even taking Elanga who was good in the first just to introduce martial. Perfection

Got it right tonight, fair play, because the English media would have ripped him a new one for dropping golden boy maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.