Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The structure above the manager has changed, what’s the use in just assuming that we’re going to be run exactly the same?
Until the players are gone and we start recruiting properly I’m not going to assume anything’s changed apart from the man who takes the bullet when these cnuts can’t be arsed anymore

That’s pretty much the point Mourinho was making.

You hear Jose etc say this stuff after a game a team lose, but in reality think how many they've lost too from doing the opposite. Basically season on season.

Their is no right and wrong, it's just winning football, and currently the best way to win the game is to dominate the ball and try and take the game to the opposition.

And Noa soon had to pack his bags after that. Lot of been written about The Hag being calm, truth is he takes no shit from anybody and is utterly ruthless when required.
I remember Berghuis being a little shit at Feyenoord and getting silly red cards. ETH sat him down when Ajax wanted to sign him and he's been a good little boy since.

He also sent Onana to Cameroon this week and told him his season is over.

They’ll do exactly what they’re doing right now, he’ll get sacked and they win again

Nah, they have been exposed this season for what they are. Before there’s always been a doubt whether it’s been the players or the manager at fault but now it’s clear as day what the problem is and that’s these lazy, self entitled shitebags that put on the shirt they don’t deserve to wear each week. If they don’t pull their weight next season then the blame will be firmly put on the players and not ETH.

You hear Jose etc say this stuff after a game a team lose, but in reality think how many they've lost too from doing the opposite. Basically season on season.
He does talk about using it for one off special games like a final.

But yeah for the most it’s just the typical Jose quote(He has never liked footballing nerds and favoured a older view of management).

I think ETH is a smart enough manager to know that. It would be quite ludicrous to go full gung-ho for 90mins, or when you are protecting a lead in the 80th minute.
It’s not just about protecting a leading with 10 minutes to go. In that final Ajax has nearly 70% of possession yet we had more shots on target and beat them 2 - 0. Tbh I don’t really view it as a negative as you would like to think losing a final in that way would be a learning lesson for any manger.

I hope ETH sign 3-4 players from the Dutch league, these players represent value instead of the English players like Lingard, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw and etc. The price to pay for a good English player, we can buy 3 good Dutch players. English aren't worth it, only Ole thinks he is doing the right thing. Look at Liverpool, Klopp sign cheap serviceable English players. He won't pay odds for a English players. That's what we need to do.

Just think how fast our lot will down tools and throw him under the bus if he speaks to them like that

Half of them won't be here next year though, this summer alone we could lose up to 10 players. There's an argument to be made its actually the best time possible to come in.

Half of them won't be here next year though, this summer alone we could lose up to 10 players. There's an argument to be made its actually the best time possible to come in.
Agree. What is he going to get judged against. I would not like to be the ones following on from Pep and Klopp.

The structure above the manager has changed, what’s the use in just assuming that we’re going to be run exactly the same?
The players worth to the club is at an all time low too. When Mourinho was here there was some perceived value in the likes of Martial, Shaw, Pogba and others. They've lost all their bargaining power with their shitness.

It’s not just about protecting a leading with 10 minutes to go. In that final Ajax has nearly 70% of possession yet we had more shots on target and beat them 2 - 0. Tbh I don’t really view it as a negative as you would like to think losing a final in that way would be a learning lesson for any manger.
Which final? Europa league 2017? The stats are correct, but it wasn't ten Hag in the opposite dugout if that's what you're saying. It was Peter Bosz.

He does talk about using it for one off special games like a final.

But yeah for the most it’s just the typical Jose quote(He has never liked footballing nerds and favoured a older view of management).

If Mourinho is talking about Ten Hag though, he must be talking about the CL semifinal versus Spurs, not the EL final (when Bosz was manager). Bosz is much more rigid in his approach than Ten Hag - although apparently he has a bit more attention for defensive solidity nowadays(?).

Although Ten Hag has also been criticized for his home performance in big games (like CL matches in the knock-out stages). Ajax is supposed (by the fans, by their ethos) to play dominant and attacking football especially at home, but too often under Ten Hag they lost or drew those games when they needed more, despite dominant performances. So he'll need to tweak something there to translate that home dominance into the actual wins he needs. And so Mourinho might be right that a somewhat more cautious approach (which isn't necessarily park-the-bus) might be helpful.

If Mourinho is talking about Ten Hag though, he must be talking about the CL semifinal versus Spurs, not the EL final (when Bosz was manager). Bosz is much more rigid in his approach than Ten Hag - although apparently he has a bit more attention for defensive solidity nowadays(?).
My bad, cheers

I am not sure what to make this. Just posting here maybe for a bit of a discussion.

I agree with all of that while it needs to be said, adapting is crucial in the biggest games. Pep has CL won with Barca with imo the best team in history. That was, 10? years ago?. Someone like Zidane has won it so much he must be sick of it while employing different tactics to suit the situation. Pep is maybe the best working right now, but lets not pretend he is perfect. Adapting to different situations is especially important in Europe and given that Pep only ever managed great teams that are very well run, his record in winning here is mediocre at best. He is an idealist imo as far as tactics go and that is usually an inferior way of managing when it come to winning the CL. My way or the high way tends to be a less successful mentality to adapting to the game at hand.

I don't want to sound negative as I think he is the best manager out there and the only one close to SAF, but he has major issues in some key aspects that other managers like Zidane are much, much better at.
So I take it you agree with this statement then?

So I take it you agree with this statement then?
Yes. I am not a fan of Mourinho the man, but in terms of what it takes to be a winner he is spot on. SAF gave up his traditional desires to win many times; not a coincidence Mou was and is such a fan of SAF. The issue with Mourinho was he had no desire to entertain even in "simple" games. Like some sort of opposite of Pep. Put Pep and Mou together and you get SAF.

Good luck talking to our cnuts like that, without purge he wont stand a chance, if people believe that snakes gonna get in line, no chance in a long run.

I hope ETH sign 3-4 players from the Dutch league, these players represent value instead of the English players like Lingard, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw and etc. The price to pay for a good English player, we can buy 3 good Dutch players. English aren't worth it, only Ole thinks he is doing the right thing. Look at Liverpool, Klopp sign cheap serviceable English players. He won't pay odds for a English players. That's what we need to do.

Trust me, if you give him everything that he wants, he will build United perfectly and in 3-4 years United will come back to UCL contenders . He is the perfect coach in term of building system, although he needs to improve some details like defensive schemes, tactical flexibility( his big weakness) or managing stars etc.

I hope he gets what he wants in the transfer market and doesn't have to pester the board for it, otherwise they'll start calling him Erik The Nag.

On the other end we brought Donny from the Dutch league and look how that turned out...

Gonna be very interesting the formation he will use. 5-3-2, 4-4-2 Diamond or 4-2-3-1? Those are his most successful formations

For one I’m glad we got him before Barcelona came to their senses because the wheels seem to be coming off that wagon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.