Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just signs that we are making progress in our play and starting to play in his manner (some of the stuff that Ajax played in CL was mouthwatering). Like for example, Klopp first season, he finished 8th, but you could see team moving in the right direction with some great football at times (4-3 win against Dortmund at Anfield, easily dealing with us before that, 6-0 against Villa etc).

That's pretty much what I hope, don't care about top 4 one bit, just show us a bit of exacting football and that we are moving forward. God knows we deserved some of that after this shit 10 years.

We could have said this about Ole once upon a time, 9-0 vs Southampton comes to mind.

At the point of the season where it feels like I’m supporting Ajax for the rest of the season over United :lol:

He said: "Make no mistake, this is not a case of getting a new manager in and everything will be brilliant again and he will create this wonderful team.

"This is about a rebuild of the club. We changed leadership at the beginning of February. Richard Arnold has started the job of CEO and it's the first CEO we have had since David Gill. He has a bit of power now to do what he thinks is right for the job and I welcome that.

"I have had lots of conversations with him about the future of Man Utd and he understands it's not about the manager, it's about restructuring and modernising the club.

"We pride ourselves on our fantastic history but at some point, we have to plan ahead. I have great faith in him and the direction he wants to take the club."
From Peter Schmeicel
Correct me if I am wrong, but this sounds like Peter sucking up to Arnold. Publicly as well.

I'm just glad we have a modern, decent fuking football guy in charge of the club now and not these archaic guys .....i think if ETH can bring in the right guys, we will enjoy the football that will be played next season regardless of where we finish in the table

What I would personally love to see, is a team rebuilt in the mould of 3 of the great United teams of the past, on academy players.
I would rather see smart acquisitions, there’s more to football than the 3/4 top leagues in Europe.

I would love us to steer far and away from flavor of the month big names, there’s no point spending 50/60+ millions on one player when we have so many issues in the team.

Hopefully we’ll see A LOT of players leaving in the summer, most of them can be easily replaced by cheaper and hungrier players.

Such a rebuild will take time, maybe one or two seasons in mid table, but in my opinion it is what has to happen and will be the quickest and healthiest route for the club to take.
Such a rebuild will take time, maybe one or two seasons in mid table, but in my opinion it is what has to happen and will be the quickest and healthiest route for the club to take.

Bet he is trying to cancel the contract as we speak.
[/QUOTE]

Cracking Original joke there,

Haven't seen that one before

What I would personally love to see, is a team rebuilt in the mould of 3 of the great United teams of the past, on academy players.
I would rather see smart acquisitions, there’s more to football than the 3/4 top leagues in Europe.

I would love us to steer far and away from flavor of the month big names, there’s no point spending 50/60+ millions on one player when we have so many issues in the team.

Hopefully we’ll see A LOT of players leaving in the summer, most of them can be easily replaced by cheaper and hungrier players.

Absolutely. Took Liverpool like 3 years to start winning things since klopp took over. A rebuild will mean we go through bad patches but in the long run it will be worth it. I think when klopp first took over them they finished like 8th or something. Hoping it takes us a lot quicker and we finish top 4 first season under him and then bring in better players and improve on that.

I am not sure what to make this. Just posting here maybe for a bit of a discussion.

Jose hasn't made a CL semi-finals in 8 years, so it's ironic coming from him.

His philosophy and strategy are both past their expiration date.

And Ajax were fairly unlucky in that tie.

I am not sure what to make this. Just posting here maybe for a bit of a discussion.

Is he calling him a bad in game manager?, a man who refuses to play ugly if it means he gets a win? I wouldn’t buy too much into it as the same criticisms are regularly thrown at Pep

Of course Jose hates the school of football that is modelled after Pep's. He'd however probably be singing praises for a shitehouse strategist like Tony Pulis.

I hope, based upon what his eyes tell him and what Rangnick tells him that he doesn’t allow himself to be drawn into a 6-8 window gradual rebuild. This lot will see him out the door in that time it’ll likely mean that the style of play becomes compromised.

I hope, based upon what his eyes tell him and what Rangnick tells him that he doesn’t allow himself to be drawn into a 6-8 window gradual rebuild. This lot will see him out the door in that time it’ll likely mean that the style of play becomes compromised.
A slow and gradual rebuild will fail just as its failed all these years. The rot isn't removed and it eventually spreads to new players who progressively get worse, and nothing changes. We need a huge overhaul in one window to really make a lasting change

A slow and gradual rebuild will fail just as its failed all these years. The rot isn't removed and it eventually spreads to new players who progressively get worse, and nothing changes. We need a huge overhaul in one window to really make a lasting change

Huge overhauls in one window doesn't happen unless you happen to be funded by states. Given our league position, not qualifying for the CL, it would be a surprise if we spend close to £150mill in the summer.

That is only theoretically possible, but its not at all practical. There is no guarantee that all our signings will work, and then we'd have to get back to playing with Academy graduates week in week out.

We are losing 7-8 players from the squad as it is, which is quite a big number. We're also losing dressing room influencers such as Pogba, Lingard, and Bailly. We're losing a sulker like Martial. We're also appointing a new captain.

He's beautiful.

Eth.jpg

You have to shut up
You have to listen

He'll be using those words a lot next season

and finally feels like we'll have a manager that if you try to feck him once, you'll be in the reserves next week. But he'll frame it as players being unfair to the team and not in the Jose way of "fecking me over'

What is there to discuss, pretty much the managers with a Philosophy who stick to their plan seem to be cleaning up in England at the moment.

Jose way was defo true a while back when he was winning stuck but his sort of setting the teams up seems to be few and far between at the moment, especially regarding in the premier League.

Of the current squad, this is who I think we should keep based on the ability to move forward with the tactics that ETH will employ.

Varane
Shaw
Fred
Bruno (only just)
VDB
Sancho
Ronaldo

feel bad leaving out De Gea but we absolutely need a goalkeeper who is good with their feet and De gea never will be. When he clears the ball, it almost automatically means We give the ball back to the opposition. Bruno also lucky to make this list but that’s more because he clearly isn’t going anywhere.

youngsters who should be in or around the squad

Hannibal
Garner
Garnacho

players who have to be happy playing squad roles or can leave

De Gea
Lindelof
Maguire
Dalot
Telles
Rashford
Elanga (jury’s out, probably needs a loan)

and the absolute must never play for us again list and should be sold

Pogba
Martial
Lingard
Wan Bissaka
Jones
Bailly
Henderson
Pereira
Mata
Williams

Positions we need to sign in order of priority

A modern right back who can defend
A world class partner for Varane
A holding/defensive central midfielder who doesn’t stop running
A left footed right winger
A back up striker
A modern Goalkeeper

How on earth are we supposed to get this right this summer? The expectations for next season have to be low, there’s just way too much to overhaul. We will be lucky to receive anything more than 50m in transfer fees this summer and whilst we will be getting some bigger salaries off the books, anyone joining us is going to be looking for a payday.

What on earth has Brandon Williams done to deserve that listing?

I’m fairly certain Ten Hag will be a fan of his to be honest with you.

and finally feels like we'll have a manager that if you try to feck him once, you'll be in the reserves next week. But he'll frame it as players being unfair to the team and not in the Jose way of "fecking me over'
He's been described as a one strike and you're out manager. He will not take any shit.

Think ten Hag will be perfect for us, he’s suppose to be a really good man manager who all the players love playing for but he’ll also mix it up a bit and will know when to lay down the law. Not seen one player say anything bad about him. We need a manager that can mix it up and have some discipline to him. I don’t think he’ll throw players under the bus though I think he’ll do it all behind closed doors when he’s laying into them. The board must of offered him what he wanted and assurances that he’d be given time otherwise like he said he wouldn’t join if it wasn’t right for him. Just hope he gets decent transfer budget even if we miss out on CL.

They’ll do exactly what they’re doing right now, he’ll get sacked and they win again
I hope by now the fans will have the sense to side with the manager and boo the players if they try any of that nonsense.

[insert pic of Jessi Pinkman] they can't keep getting away with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.