Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we'll never get anywhere near winning it if we keep dicking about in the Europa every second year.

The money from CL football and the sponsors that Cl football attracts can be spent on better players.

Of course it’s a loss to not be in it but right now the Europa is where we’re at. It’s where we deserve to be. Regarding signing players, this summer will more than likely be about trimming the squad down and buying some quality to enhance us. Hopefully a few more youth products will come through too. Right now we are where we are and we’re not going to be world beaters overnight.

It’s funny how people who want ETH gone cant accept that at the moment, managers who are available are not that impressive. ETH had more stock than most who are available 2 years back. United has chewed up Jose and LVG, so its not like ETH is the first manager who has issues despite being successful elsewhere.
Thank you

IF Sir Alex, Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti or Zidane were available, I'd understand where our board was coming from.

But when you see who is linked to us, it's like that summer were we went for Moyes all over again.

It’s funny how people who want ETH gone cant accept that at the moment, managers who are available are not that impressive. ETH had more stock than most who are available 2 years back. United has chewed up Jose and LVG, so its not like ETH is the first manager who has issues despite being successful elsewhere.
It's even more hilarious that people want eth back after one game when we just sat thru one of our worst seasons ever. FFS if we listened to all the people right now we'd be back again next season with the same damn squad I swear. Nothing wrong with enjoying the parting gift while acknowledging we still need a damn huge amount of turnover

I don't really think today could or should influence their decision making process. How can 90 minutes of football mean he is the right or wrong man for another whole season.

He deserves immense credit for today. On the day he had the right tactics, the right team, he got everything right.

Does it erase the whole season and his inability to compensate for the difficulties we had? No, it doesn't. But if he does go out then it's great for Ten Haags career because ultimately he can claim he scored 2 trophies in two seasons and hold onto that. His time hasn't been without success at all. If they do stick with him then he goes into another season on a high too so today was important, I just don't think it should score that highly when they make a decision (should probably already be made)

A big problem is under the so called new structure with Murtough, ETH took on a lot of responsibility with transfers and came up with a flawed transition system after looking at past United teams and really missed the mark, with better people around him he can be helped getting the right players rather than using his limited knowledge of the market and also coming up with a better play style and tactical setup. I think he lost his way during the summer, he's adaptable and also stubborn when he selects something. Despite all the mess he's been to three finals in two years, won 2, understands the youth ethos, got 3rd in a salvage season when we were really low but went down a silly path tasking himself. He can be told to go a different route and re-look at United's past teams and find a balance with a fit and technical midfield and fast attacking style with support from other top people in the club now.

Anyone coming needs a huge hand in top recruitment with Varane going, Eriksen and Case not being capable. I think ETH has been somewhat to blame as his plan was too exhausting, it's better to play the ball rather than pressing high and firefighting. His two Ajax teams are quite different. Also better fitness and training is coming.

I'm open to McKenna, ETH staying, or maybe Poch or Tuchel if those are our 4 main options. ETH's knack of getting to finals, winning, being as high as we were with negative GD shows he can be very resilient in tough times. Poch riding high with Spurs has nothing in England to show for it with prime Kane Eriksen Son and many more.

Arteta has no business along the other names mentioned. Alonso too. Arteta finished 8th - twice. He still has one only single FA cup to his name in many years.

Xabi did well this season but he's not a name that is related to us and EtH also had pretty good seasons at Ajax which doesn't mean sure immediate success in PL.

McKenna is a wildcard but IMO not ready yet.
Ashley Young only had good things to say about McKenna and he thinks he's ready.

It's even more hilarious that people want eth back after one game when we just sat thru one of our worst seasons ever. FFS if we listened to all the people right now we'd be back again next season with the same damn squad I swear. Nothing wrong with enjoying the parting gift while acknowledging we still need a damn huge amount of turnover
Ok, so name one good manager that is available and would be an immediate improvement on ETH.

Tuchel is a better manager in his sleep than Ten Hag. Poch is better too.

Poch who had a final against a worse team than the one we played today in an injury crisis and decided to sit back and play for pens? Poch who only finished above us in an absolutely appalling season because of two dodgy pens at Stamford Bridge? Poch whose legacy defining career highlight after 15 years in management is "did pretty well with Spurs for a few seasons without actually winning anything"? Poch who failed to win the French league with the Harlem Globetrotters?

That Poch?

We didn't?

He was sacked in October the following season for having a very poor start. And even then you had names like Sir Alex being available. Who do we hire right now that is of similar caliber?

Poch? De Zerbi? McKenna? Frank? :lol: :lol:

1985 was the year before 1986 mate.

He won the Cup in 85 and was sacked in 86. Do you disagree? Am I mistaken?

Poch who had a final against a worse team than the one we played today in an injury crisis and decided to sit back and play for pens? Poch who only finished above us in an absolutely appalling season because of two dodgy pens at Stamford Bridge? Poch whose legacy defining career highlight after 15 years in management is "did pretty well with Spurs for a few seasons without actually winning anything"? Poch who failed to win the French league with the Harlem Globetrotters?

That Poch?
Well said. The Poch hype was and always will be ridiculous, I just don’t get it.

Last edited:
No its not hilarious. If there is an upgrade, then yes it makes sense to part with him. Sacking him because of a tough season with lots of injuries and with one 20 year old new player as only recognised striker, is not fair. Maybe it is for you.

If you think options are better then fair enough. I dont. I dont like Tuchel teams so i dont consider him an upgrade

So.. you’re saying it IS fine to finish 15th and win the cup then?

Because the greatest manager in history did it 35 years ago, when the landscape of football was unrecognisable to what it is today.

Alright I guess
He wasn't the greatest manager in history at the time, he became that in part because they didn't sack him for winning the cup and finishing 13th, I find it ridiculous that fans today prefer finishing top 4 to actually winning a trophy

Ok, so name one good manager that is available and would be an immediate improvement on ETH.
Have people really completely forgotten how we've played for the entirety of the season? The worst league campaign in modern history, the CL humiliation?

Of course it’s a loss to not be in it but right now the Europa is where we’re at. It’s where we deserve to be. Regarding signing players, this summer will more than likely be about trimming the squad down and buying some quality to enhance us. Hopefully a few more youth products will come through too. Right now we are where we are and we’re not going to be world beaters overnight.

Yeah because we've been shit, there's reasons we've been shit Injuries and suicidal Tactics. We need to be less shit and playing in the Europa League unfortunately isn't conducive to us becoming less shit. It's a slog of a tournament that brings much less money into the club compared to the CL.

I actually think the cast majority of posts I've seen from those of us on here who want him out have been extremely measured today.

There is frustration at Ten Hag but I think most of us still feel he is a very decent man who gave it his best shot.
There's no denying our disappointing performance and results this season. If I believe there's a superior manager available now, I'd support the call for Ten Hag's departure, but there isn’t. INEOS should give him another year within an improved structure.

United fans understandably drunk on happiness after a cup win against those cnuts across the road have suddenly forgotten how fecking bad we've been this season, what a surprise. I'm sorry lads but Ten Hag still has to go, and he will go. It will be bittersweet after such an amazing day but it's the sensible, correct decision which I expect Ineos to make.

So let's give everyone a chance? How about Evans next? Or Paddy Evra, he's a nice guy? You'll find more experienced managers being successful at bigger clubs compared to more inexperienced ones being successful at top clubs

Sure, if they had talent and ability. And yet the inexperienced ones have achieved the most success. And set the highest standards.

So? Moyes was 7th and didn't even get to finish the season, on a 6 years contract.

It's EtH 2nd season at charge. We dealt with many many injuries. Where did Klopp finish 2 years ago when the season was marred with injuries?

Lego Pep couldn't break into top 4 for 3 years in a row...

So, Moyes was not good enough, and that was after we had just won the league. ETH 2nd season does not excuse his awful results and performances. Injuries are not an excuse,and does explain the non existant midfield and cluless attack.

Klopp finished 5th with +28GD, after proving a success by winning the PL and CL.

Lego Pep ahs been top 4 two years in a row.

I mean what does "available" mean?

Given we are talking about a man who's coaching for over a year is the most inept we have seen.

But anyway you are looking at that in a very linear way. I see no world where we couldn't get Emery. We are Man Utd and he is at Aston Villa, regardless of champions league.

Mancini is a better manager and would come. Tuchel is a better manager and would come.

We aren't aiming to replace Sir Alex Ferguson. We are aiming to improve on a man who has knowingly left gaping holes in midfield all season which caused us to be the most open team in the league.

I’ve been ETH out but if the alternative is McKenna then we’re fecking crazy.

Id keep ETH for another season, get players back fit and add 3-4 this summer under the new regime and see where we are

There's no denying our disappointing performance and results this season. If I believe there's a superior manager available now, I'd support the call for Ten Hag's departure, but there isn’t. INEOS should give him another year within an improved structure.

99% of managers are available to United.

Is there a manager available that you think could avoid us being the most open team in the league and conceding around 20 shots per game?

Are you being serious? Tuchel is proven at being a better coach for a start.
Please. The fella that was brought to PSG to win the CL and failed. Then went to Chelsea and won the CL against City(same like we did tonight).

However since then his career has been in a downturn. Sacked at Chelsea, went to Bayern bottle the CL and losses the title(first time Bayern hasn't won the title in 10+ years).

Clearly this is the guy that we need to turn our misfortunes around. While we're at it, let's bring Di Mateo since he did exactly what Tuchel did. Suppose he'd be an improvement too, no?

Go on lad, show me these superior manager waiting to to take job.

He wasn't the greatest manager in history at the time, he became that in part because they didn't sack him for winning the cup and finishing 13th, I find it ridiculous that fans today prefer finishing top 4 to actually winning a trophy

We are Manchester Utd. If we look like the 2nd best team on the pitch nearly every week then I demand change.

The awe inspiring work that Sir Alex did made us into a club where that is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.