Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to miserable git to get upset on what ETH said. Media was disrespectful in their questioning after he won the final. That was a feck You answer for them

I still can't get my head around Bayern paying £10 million to get Kompany, when Poch is available, and very likely Ten Hag will be too, and neither would cost them anything in compensation, it's not like Kompany has any history with them either.
Poch is so overrated

Congrats on the cup Ten Hag, decent tactics in first half today, and hopefully this is a good send off for him.

But this is amazing:

Today at 16:43:
Yes - 429 votes
No - 945 votes

At the moment(few hours later)
Yes - 551
No - 936

I seriously wonder how some people make it through a average day in life, changing opinions like this every day.

You have to miserable git to get upset on what ETH said. Media was disrespectful in their questioning after he won the final. That was a feck You answer for them
Agree. Journalists are just a bunch of vultures. Don’t care about the game

Congrats on the cup Ten Hag, decent tactics in first half today, and hopefully this is a good send off for him.

But this is amazing:

Yes - 429 votes
No - 945 votes

Yes - 551
No - 936

I seriously wonder how some people make it through a average day in life, changing opinions like this every day.
No negative vibes please :)

But this is amazing:

Yes - 429 votes
No - 945 votes

Yes - 551
No - 936

I usually completely agree with this kind of thinking. Messi v Ronaldo thread was insane for it. But I think an FA cup win against all odds against City is probably as fair a moment to change side as there is.

That press conference was an utter disgrace. The guy has just won the cup, how about letting him enjoy it for a day? As much as I’ve been ETH out, he didn’t deserve that. Like a pack of hyenas waiting to pounce. A complete copy & paste job of the treatment LVG got after his cup win.

Football journalists really are utter scum.

But this is amazing:

Yes - 429 votes
No - 945 votes

Yes - 551
No - 936

Well according to that only 9 people changed their vote from No to Yes. Seems like there was 100+ undecided fans who waited until after this game to vote.

But yeah it changed from 70%-30% to roughly 60%-40% so obviously significant change.

We only had poor expectations due to the season before, but realistically those players are capable of top 4 finishes.

The injuries are not an excuse, Varane and Martinez struggled in the first two or three weeks of the season because ETH was playing those suicidal tactics. He's changed the system and now they look better, but let's not forget the manager is more to blame than injuries.

I don't see how Tuchel is worse than ETH? Can't United convince a manager like Enrique or Valverde to come over? Conte is available even if he is not what people want. There are managers with a better record than him who are either available or should be contacted.

Tuchel was managed a 11 times consecutive title winner team lost their title...and lost 2nd place also...........
Varane and Martinez struggled in the first two or three weeks, yes, but then, they were paired 4 premier game in the whole season...and we have 14 different partnership of CBs in the whole season..and no Left back most of season..
Who can manage this team capable of top 4 finish with the shit-est board management........especially Martinez is the most KEY player in the system..

Whatever happens hopefully it’s done with full respect. He lost his way this season unfortunately but will go on to be a successful manager.

I usually completely agree with this kind of thinking. Messi v Ronaldo thread was insane for it. But I think an FA cup win against all odds against City is probably as fair a moment to change side as there is.

That's called football mate. You don't change your opinion on something that was generally bad for long period after 90 minutes of football.

That's called football mate. You don't change your opinion on something that was generally bad for long period after 90 minutes of football.
You maybe do if it's showing you something you didn't think was possible. It's not like the sample size with ten hag and a decently fit squad is that large.

I still can't get my head around Bayern paying £10 million to get Kompany, when Poch is available, and very likely Ten Hag will be too, and neither would cost them anything in compensation, it's not like Kompany has any history with them either.

Because Poch is proven that he cannot manage the team magically when the team was full of injury as same as ETH.. :lol:

I think your last paragraph is something a lot of people haven't really realized. We have a good foundation to build upon, if you take a look at our teenagers and some of the early-to-mid-20s players: Mainoo, Garnacho, Kambwala, Hojlund, Amad, Malacia, Dalot, Mount, Martínez, and then I'd add Rashford, Shaw and Onana as more senior players but with still several years left in them. A few players could make a comeback under a new coach too, IMO, like Maguire for example. And then I haven't even mentioned the biggest prospects in the academy like Amass or Lacey, for example, but that isn't down to ETH.

If we ditch the Glazers' "maximum of 3 significant arrivals per season" limitation of the transfer policy, and sign at least 4, but ideally 5 or 6 players this summer, who can contribute from day 1, I think we have a really exciting young core to build on.

Edit: Whether that's with or without ETH, I'm not sure. Just hope we make the right appointment if we part ways with the current manager.
Agreed. We have a strong foundation to build from and the work that has been done in the last few years at first team level and at youth level is beginning to show. I think the foundations have been put down and we have very good young players at first team level and youth level who will provide INEOS with a very good foundation to build from further.

I wouldn't sack ten Hag but managers do get sacked and INEOS may feel that they want to put their own stamp on things by hiring a manager of their choice, which I'm fine with. But I hope we have patience with whoever INEOS bring in and I hope to see upgrades bought in certain positions which will propel our development even further as football club. I think one good transfer window will make a considerable difference to the team. The foundations are set and we just need 3 or 4 players to come in and raise the level at CB and in the deeper area of midfield. If they get those players in and they're of the requisite standard for the way we want to play, then I think we'll see a significant change in performance as far as playing a more dominant brand of football is concerned.

Poch is so overrated

I think the opposite. He’s extremely underrated.

The job he’s discredited for is PSG where he actually won trophies. People think it’s an easy job but I don’t see it that way. Poch thrives in a team environment and that’s not easy with PSG’s prima donnas.

Chelsea was always a basket case and he still started to turn it around. I will always judge him in Spurs where he done a great job though. I think he’d do well at United.

Beating City in that way, the players demonstrating quite clearly how much they like him after the rumour mill and putting together a brilliant team performance in such a high profile game, is probably one of the strongest applications a single match of football could be to convince an ownership to give it more time.

ETH has proven himself to be quite limited during these 2 seasons with us. Same as Poch at Paris and Chelsea.

As opposed to a manager who got relegated from the Premier League trying to play football with players that are very limited?

Agreed. We have a strong foundation to build from and the work that has been done in the last few years at first team level and at youth level is beginning to show. I think the foundations have been put down and we have very good young players at first team level and youth level who will provide INEOS with a very good foundation to build from further.

I wouldn't sack ten Hag but managers do get sacked and INEOS may feel that they want to put their own stamp on things by hiring a manager of their choice, which I'm fine with. But I hope we have patience with whoever INEOS bring in and I hope to see upgrades bought in certain positions which will propel our development even further as football club. I think one good transfer window will make a considerable difference to the team. The foundations are set and we just need 3 or 4 players to come in and raise the level at CB and in the deeper area of midfield. If they get those players in and they're of the requisite standard for the way we want to play, then I think we'll see a significant change in performance as far as playing a more dominant brand of football is concerned.
Any ideas on names or profiles of players now that we’ve seen a full season from all major leagues?

But this is amazing:

Yes - 429 votes
No - 945 votes

Yes - 551
No - 936

Only net 9 change from no to yes.

Are you people serious?
Yes. He won 2 trophies in 2 seasons and this season, yes the league campaign was awful, he did a shit job with his hands tied behind his back, but you have to give the benefit of doubt here, given that he got us over the line in the cup, and the squad is clearly all for him. He has earned himself the chance to turn it around and fix the problems.

Sacking him now after this is just the wrong decision.

Whatever happens hopefully it’s done with full respect. He lost his way this season unfortunately but will go on to be a successful manager.

Unfortunately he is not a miracle worker. 3 cup finals in his first 2 seasons and winning 2 of them is pretty impressive stuff. Don’t care what anyone says. He’s won more than arteta has at Arsenal, we have also had a better season than Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea. He has bought players through brilliantly and improved players. He has had more than reasonable to deal with and still won us the fa cup. People need to put a little respect on this man’s name.

You maybe do if it's showing you something you didn't think was possible. It's not like the sample size with ten hag and a decently fit squad is that large.

We know Ten Hag can set a team up to play like the underdogs as we did today. It was the sensible thing to do, and he got his tactics spot on. He is a good manager but he hasn't shown he can implement his own system, he should be able to do that regardless of the personnel. He's said he made compromises on the style of play he watns to play, ok but in that case what was the point of how he set us up all season adn why did he continue with it if that's not how he even wanted to play. Especially as Stevie Wonder could see it wasn't working.

We have lost a lot of core values since Sir Alex retired but right now we’re in a important cross road.

We can with the right decisions restore some of the principles necessary to be successful by making the right long term decision. Ineos and the new management can show the players, the media and us supporters that they’re fully in charge of appointments and sackings.

Based on results in this year’s PL it’s justified to question the manager but if we look at it from a broader perspective it’s hard to dismiss 2 cups and a 3rd place as a failure when we take everything into consideration. Lots of Injuries on key players isn’t an excuse but to fully dismiss it is naive and short sighted. With a new top management and a new part owner we need some sort of continuity. Between 6-11 players is on their way out. We have a couple of youngsters on their way to establish themselves as starters and solid squad players. We’re probably losing 30-40 years experience when Varane & Co leave us and that makes us vulnerable.

Keeping the manager isn’t an ideal solution but sacking him is even worse from a holistic standpoint.

I’m in favor of keeping EtH becaue of the above but also because I think he has more to give if he has the opportunity to play with a more injury free squad and some new signings.

Let him finish his contract and see where we’re when we enter 2025. At that time we have plenty of time to approach a new manger and the club can if necessary part way with Ten Hag in a more classy manner,

Having Martinez and Varane at center back today helped a lot, but we are talking about them both being semi fit.

We ensured that City couldn't get at them, by playing deeper and keeping it compact between the lines, so Foden couldnt work in that space and so that Haarland couldnt have any room in behind to run into.

What I struggle to understand is why ETH has not been able to setup in structured way like this against teams when we have had the liked of Casemiro, Evans or Maguire starting?

Im not advocating parking the bus, but at least provide some cover in midfield so our back up center backs, who all struggle with pace, are not able to be ran at.

For most of the season, defence, midfield and attack have operated like three separate units, with huge gaps in between. No other team in the PL play like this. He instructs the team to keep in compact against the better teams and we look far better for it.

What im saying is, where was this pragmatism against the likes of Palace or Bournemouth away, when we had makeshift defences? If he too proud to setup this way against lesser teams?

Easily the best result anyone has achieved post Fergie. Ok the league is way more important and the season was awful but beating Pep in a final is an amazing achievement. And even with Licha and Varane back we were still missing Shaw, Casemiro, a fit Mount, they were at full strength bar Ederson

ESPN reported... Ten Hag to UTD: Sack me and I'll win elsewhere.

Maybe, but probably not in the Premiere League.

I've been him out for a long time now but the players do seem to like him. The only positive I've had for him (which is really the minimum) is the players still seem to play for him. Under our previous ones the players did clearly down tools with performances and leaks, but here that doesn't seem to have happened

Bad scores etc. yes but I would say it's more just shit play than players (other than Cas and Rashford) just ball watching

That press conference was an utter disgrace. The guy has just won the cup, how about letting him enjoy it for a day? As much as I’ve been ETH out, he didn’t deserve that. Like a pack of hyenas waiting to pounce. A complete copy & paste job of the treatment LVG got after his cup win.

Football journalists really are utter scum.

The presser was a shocker, but I don't get why if they were going to be arseholes to him did they not try to dig deeper into why we've had so many injuries this season, as they'd be nothing to say if he did stay that the same thing wouldn't happen again next season, and the same excuse be given.

Injuries are the perfect get out for him if they aren't going to dig deeper into the reasons.

Great win but we got a less than focused and eager City squad today. Ten Hag should go. Team tanked this season because he lost the dressing room. Hope they bring back Sancho.

According to reliable reports Ten Hag was their first choice above Kompany, but Erik refused to talk to them because he had no idea INEOS rats were planning to backstab him

Erik is better manager than Kompany and Poch combined. If our idiots do indeed sack him, he will go on to do great things elsewhere, I have no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.