Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% he knows.

But your looking at this the wrong way round, you all are.

Eth doesn’t what to fix it, he has told the player's this is how Manchester United should play. If you can't play like this, then look for a new club - outing the players on the football pitch. It's actually the best for Manchester United football club.

Lots of deadwood has gone and more will go, posters on here have been moaning about it for years and we've been moaning about static zombie passing for years, when was the last time you seen that thread?

Ole actually spoke about it on the overlap, there was a moment where he tried to change the team style from counter attacking to possession based, the flipping wheels fell off. Which makes sense right, Maguire is a defensive box player, Bruno is a transition master, Rashford is a willing runner all fits a counter attacking way of playing.

The fact is we can play this way (counter), Eth knows how to play it. he is a professional football manager, but he has the balls to think "feck it, hah" he knows Casemiro and Evens don't have the legs to play 1v1, (by the way 1v1 is defending is the Utd way) this mad Dutch bastard still does it - again saying we play this way.

The transition football is attacking transition football high press, no more than 3 passes before the chance on goal, but with possession based build up. We actually can play this with Casemiro but his passing is worse this season than last.

I'm not sure if he'll be here next season, but I have to give him credit for his unwavering stubbornness and determination, people talk about abuse. This guy has been getting it from every one

Bravo :lol:

Cant believe how a manager has built up a reputation here last season so reliant on the performance of 3 players. Rashford, Martinez and Casemiro.

Without them 3 performing at elite levels we are a bottom half team under ETH. That aint hyperbole, we really are.

Hardly. Without the injuries we would obviously be doing much better.
What's the limit to the injuries excuse? If ETH is kept on, we still have injuries next season, and we finish midtable again, does he still get absolved? What about a relegation battle?

It's actually shocking for Manchester United to finish 8th in the PL. He should be sacked today but obviously won't.

Okay, some are opposition fans, but take them away and around 200 people still want another season of this. I can't wrap my head around it.

Hopefully only 1.5 more games till this clown is gone forever. The worst United coach in the PL era and one of the worst United coaches ever.

Okay, some are opposition fans, but take them away and around 200 people still want another season of this. I can't wrap my head around it.
Most of them don’t want him for another season, they want him to stay long enough to vindicate their belief in him. If it takes 10 years and the club is in the gutter during this time, it’s fine as long as we support the manager.

No, he was able to bullshit them into agreeing to it. What he's demonstrated on the pitch is that he doesn't have much of a clue about using the players he signed. Our position in the table is exactly right for the calibre of both the manager and squad.
feck me you are completely missing my point but go at it

It's not a clarification and if he clarified it this way then he thinks that people are idiots. Think about it this way being the best transition team means that your goal is to transition from defense to attack or attack to defense as fast possible both phases work together because the fast you play the more likely you are to make or provoke a mistake. Your attacking transition as a style isn't a thing and never will be.

Regarding 1v1 defense, no they don't mark the two forwards, they play zone and United generally played a narrow back four, so it was generally 4 against 3 when the ball was wide because the opposite side fullback wouldn't man mark the opposite side winger. The reason you do that is because for example if the ball is on the right wing, the first attacker is the responsibility of the right side fullback, the second attacker if there is one is the responsibility of the player in charge of the closest zone generally the right CM or the right midfielder/winger. Now the right side CB is in charge of the first player entering his zone, if he already has one then he passes that player, often to the other CB and the left back takes assignment of the other CB, basically the entire defense slides and in theory you are supposed to be at least one player up. This is meant to avoid scrambles and 1v1, every player has by design a cover.

I don't know if I made sense but I tried.

What you typed makes sense, I love how you think becuase you typed it its correct.

Attacking transition, https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/att...l-tactics-explained-klopp-liverpool-mourinho/

Rio talking about one v one.

Anyway...

It's actually shocking for Manchester United to finish 8th in the PL. He should be sacked today but obviously won't.

Amazing thing is that 8th is flattering this team for how we have played this season. Brighton are 11th, have half the team injured and their manager is leaving but we can’t get out of our half against them

I would still sack him before the final.

If INEOS keeps him next season, that's your first sign they might be worse than the Glazers.

They think they're being clever and seeing something the rest of us don't by going against the popular opinion

If INEOS keeps him next season, that's your first sign they might be worse than the Glazers.

The season would be a complete write off again. Question only where we finish between 6th and 12th place

Put Shteve in charge of training for the next few days and tell him to park the bus and hit City on the counter. That would at least improve our chances of winning the final from 5% to 10%.

If he is kept on next year we will finish in the bottom half of the table. I wouldn't even waste my time watching.

City will embarrass us in the final, dont wait to sack him. Do it now
We’ll be embarrassed no matter who managers us in the final. No manager in the world is working miracles within a week. That’s ridiculous

Now lets say that the players aren't good enough for United, what exactly makes ETH good enough for United?

He's the one, the answer, the truth, if we keep the faith just long enough. He'll lead us to the promised land.

Just like Fergie did all those years ago.

We’ll be embarrassed no matter who managers us in the final. No manager in the world is working miracles within a week. That’s ridiculous

I want him gone ASAP and i believe any guy in the coaching team could do a better job than him. We will still lose, but he needs to leave now.

36 year old Llana and 33 yr old Welbeck are owning us but yeah injuries are the issue. Thankfully the higher ups are here and it’s good bye to the bald f***d

After two seasons, I still can’t see what he’s trying to achieve with this team. There’s absolutely no pattern or style of play, just making it up on the pitch and improvising. He can have no complaints being sacked, we’re not good in defence, we can’t keep possession in midfield and we can’t score - so basically he’s failed to coach any element of a team, even average EPL coaches manage to get one of those three right.

I want him gone ASAP and i believe any guy in the coaching team could do a better job than him. We will still lose, but he needs to leave now.
So you’d rather someone els take the blame for a whooping next week. We’ll be brought back down to reality next week and then he’ll be gone.

Spends £72m on a striker and tries to sell McTominay.

Now reliant on McTominay's goals to keep him in the top half of the table, drops the £72m striker to play McTominay up front.

But hey, we're progressing right? Deserves another season?

Hardly. Without the injuries we would obviously be doing much better.
What's the limit to the injuries excuse? If ETH is kept on, we still have injuries next season, and we finish midtable again, does he still get absolved? What about a relegation battle?
The irony is chelsea and Newastle (both ahead of us) have had worse injury record, Liverpool injury record is pretty much on par and spurs is also up there. Villa in the top 8 for injuries. Are we excusing them for injuries? Maybe Liverpool or Arsenal would have won the title?

We might possibly sneak a win against Brighton, but we’ve still finished 8th here.
Moments FC supporters will push for more of this slop

Finishing outside the Champions League was bad enough. But would have at least accepted him being given a 3rd season

Finishing outside Europe altogether is an absolute fecking joke

O. U. T!

The irony is chelsea and Newastle (both ahead of us) have had worse injury record, Liverpool injury record is pretty much on par and spurs is also up there. Villa in the top 8 for injuries. Are we excusing them for injuries? Maybe Liverpool or Arsenal would have won the title?
And we're currently getting outplayed by Brighton reserves.

None of these teams have had worse injuries. I can only assume you've been looking at absolute numbers and not concentration of injuries in one area of the pitch.

So glad that INEOS have prioritised giving ETH the cup final as a reward for getting there rather then actually trying to win it. If City fancy it on the day it could be an absolute slaughter.

I just can’t watch anymore of this. We’re being toyed with by a team in 10th, whose manager has just quit and who half this form don’t think is good enough to manage us anyway. Anyone who is still backing ETH and whatever this Frankenstein mess of a team he’s created is actually needs help at this point. If you want ETH here next season then I just can’t take your opinion seriously.

The first rule of being in the Ten Hag club is you don't talk about other teams injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.