Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be gone after the pasting we will get at Anfield.

Scott mctominay in midfield yet again, he doesn't learn

At least our fans will get what they need though? They've done their absolute utmost to make sure he'll be in charge of that fixture again.

If we lose the next two games after this one, he needs to go. Anything less is just negligence at this point. Dreadful league and cup performances for 9 months and finishing bottom in an easy CL group is unacceptable.

This quick one touch transition works best when you have players who can do it. I mean I can see what they are trying but with McT in that position everything breaks there. Martial isn't actually convincing either.

Stick to them you would be sacked soon.

That's poor logic. When Pep won the treble with Barcelona, everyone started counting the UEFA Super Cup and the Spanish Community Shield as part of "The Sextuple". Neither of those are major trophies either - they're glorified friendlies.
The trouble with dismissing the League Cup with Manchester United in its current guise is anyone with realistic expectations knows this team hasn’t been fit to win a League or UCL for ages, so the premise you pose is that we might as well not bother playing then roll over to the next season to do the same thing again.

The term ‘Major Trophy’ is a false one which can change based on a team’s position. Right now winning the League Cup would be about maxing out for this lot & it would be more than watching us stutter through another league season whilst getting booted out of the UCL at the Round of 16 at best.

Our fans love to belittle tournaments the team struggle to win. We went out of the League Cup this year to Newcastle Reserves & have embarrassed ourselves continuously in the Europa.

It shouldn’t be the clubs ambitions but it is the clubs level. I’m out on EtH but it was a trophy win.

Let's see if he can do one right thing and bring on hojlund and mainoo at halftime.

None of this waiting till 60 mins nonsense do it immediately.

Too much to expect us to play 2 decent games in a row (even though we rode some luck against Chelsea). Starting with the anti-striker that is Martial is utterly ridiculous. And he has to have a word with Antony and remind that his primary role as a winger is to run down that wing and get the ball into a dangerous area. In all my years of watching football, I've never known a winger beat his man then consistently turn back inside and hold up play. Can't wait to see him gone.

His decision making is absolutely baffling at times. The lineup picked itself today. Never seen someone make us armchair managers look competent.

Boos at half time.
As it should be.

We could get 4th again and Ten Hag would still be a shit manager. I thought we were getting a modern attacking coach but what we got was a worse version of Ole.

I'll keep believing until he gets sacked but our team has shown nothing to show that we have a decent coach

How can anyone justify playing Martial. Is he trying to get sacked.

Why not just same again after Wednesday.

I’m running out of patience with this guy.

Not a chance in hell.

Yes, can't see it at all.

West Ham (a) after that followed by Villa at OT aren't the easiest. Forest away after that.

Hopefully we win today for a start, and the following games but 4 or 5 without victory could put him I'm trouble.

The trouble with dismissing the League Cup with Manchester United in its current guise is anyone with realistic expectations knows this team hasn’t been fit to win a League or UCL for ages, so the premise you pose is that we might as well not bother playing then roll over to the next season to do the same thing again.

The term ‘Major Trophy’ is a false one which can change based on a team’s position. Right now winning the League Cup would be about maxing out for this lot & it would be more than watching us stutter through another league season whilst getting booted out of the UCL at the Round of 16 at best.

Our fans love to belittle tournaments the team struggle to win. We went out of the League Cup this year to Newcastle Reserves & have embarrassed ourselves continuously in the Europa.

It shouldn’t be the clubs ambitions but it is the clubs level. I’m out on EtH but it was a trophy win.
I'm not saying the League Cup isn't a trophy and I've said ETH deserves credit for it. I've also always disagreed with people who call for us to ignore the League Cup or the Europa League. I just take issue with calling it a "major" trophy.

Surely he can see the problem with our wide play. We don't have players out wide at FB or in attack who can consistently beat their man but ten Hag has us pack the box leaving whoever has possession out wide with no option than to beat the opposition player(s) which, nine times out of ten, causes us to lose possession and be vulnerable on the break.

He needs to coach players to come close. Create some passing triangles down both flanks.

Too much to expect us to play 2 decent games in a row (even though we rode some luck against Chelsea). Starting with the anti-striker that is Martial is utterly ridiculous. And he has to have a word with Antony and remind that his primary role as a winger is to run down that wing and get the ball into a dangerous area. In all my years of watching football, I've never known a winger beat his man then consistently turn back inside and hold up play. Can't wait to see him gone.

He turns back because there's nothing in-behind from Martial and nothing on the overlap from Dalot. I have never seen a more static RB than Dalot, even AWB offers more going forward. That doesn't only impact Antony, AMR is the position players go to die in our team! Contrast that with the AML, who has either Reguilon or Shaw bombing inside them every single time...and it's no surprise that side is more productive for us

The thing is if he starts Hojlund every game and he gets a long term injury he’ll get shit for that as well.

Martial should be more than capable of delivering a performance at home against Bournemouth

The thing is if he starts Hojlund every game and he gets a long term injury he’ll get shit for that as well.

Martial should be more than capable of delivering a performance at home against Bournemouth
Surely he could adapt his tactics for a less mobile striker instead of expecting a miracle.

I'm not sure "super cup" type competitions ever count as major honours.

I'm almost certain the community/charity shield doesn't here.

The fact is, while it's the lowest of the major honours, it still counts as one.
It is most certainly not a major trophy ffs. The league and champions league major trophies, league cup minor trophy. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, we won a minor trophy with ten hag and we all hoped he could win us some major silverware.

How can anyone justify playing Martial. Is he trying to get sacked.

Why not just same again after Wednesday.

I’m running out of patience with this guy.

Said it in the matchday man before the game, it's just a truly baffling decision. He's adding to his own demise.

But Martial has already proven time and time again that he can't be relied upon.

This is where tactical flexibility should come in. Why not experiment with a strikerless setup or playing another attacking player as a false nine? Overplaying Hojlund and playing useless Martial shouldn't be the only options available to him.

Martial looks like he had injected himself with something prior to kick off :lol:

It is most certainly not a major trophy ffs. The league and champions league major trophies, league cup minor trophy. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, we won a minor trophy with ten hag and we all hoped he could win us some major silverware.

Honours lists make no distinction between the FA Cup and the EFL Cup, but they do separate the super cups.

The Europa League (and now the Conference League) will still class as "major" honours even if they're less significant than winning the Champions League.

We all know that the Premier League and Champions League are the measure of the best managers, that goes without saying, but we've still got posters salivating over Mourinho's time at the club while slagging off Ten Hag for winning literally one of the same competitions, and that's basically the issue I have with the desperation from a specific set of posters to write off winning the EFL Cup as a "mickey mouse" achievement.

What would you suggest he does tactically to do this?
Looks like it doesn't matter, bournemouth are happy to sit back in the second half and let us have the ball so he doesn't have to run anymore

I have no pity for him by starting martial and is damming admittance that he wasted 75 million on hojlund

One step forward during the week, 2 steps back again today. He just isn’t that guy is he? He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.